Are we excited that the Heat are still winning? Is Andrew Bynum still injured? Is it okay to make inappropriate jokes at inappropriate times? What’s the meaning of life anyway? Some of those questions are answered in Episode #22 of the NLSC Podcast, featuring your favorite trio of Leftos, Ben and myself! Join us as we discuss this week’s topics:
- There was some controversy at the end of the overtime clash between the Bulls and Nuggets. We discuss the trend of blaming officials and the instant replay rules.
- The Heat narrowly escaped Cleveland with their winning streak intact at 24, already the second best in league history. We give our thoughts and as usual, ill-fated predictions.
- The injuries to former teammates Kobe Bryant and Andrew Bynum are discussed. Is Kobe rushing back? Is anyone going to give Bynum a max contract?
- We wrap up the NBA discussion with the latest chapter in the Royce White saga and LeBron James’ “Knighting” of Jason Terry.
- Leftos brings up an incident at PyCon, leading us to talk about inappropriate behaviour and the appropriate way to deal with it.
- As the discussion moves to basketball video games, we briefly touch upon what is “sim” and what constitutes “realism”.
- Are we PC users jealous of features that are console exclusive?
- We speculate a little more about next gen basketball games and reflect on whether NBA Live and NBA 2K met their CGI benchmarks from 2005.
Click Play to listen to the show!
If you’ve got any thoughts on the show or any of the topics we discussed, please feel free to have your say in the comments below or in this thread in the Forum.