The fifth patch for NBA 2K14 is now available for PS4 users. Weighing in at a hefty 2.4 gigabytes the patch mostly focuses on crash/bug fixes, but there are a couple of relatively major changes. You are no longer allowed to have the same player of different years in the same MyTEAM lineup (so no multiple MJs), MyCAREER default quarter length was changed back to 6 and the On-Court Coach signature skill should work now for that mode. Other fixes are mostly focused on The Park, so if you haven’t checked out that mode due to the many issues that plagued it, now might be the time.
As a bonus, the locker code #BOXOFCHOCOLATES for a random item was released, so after you update your game you can enter that as a thank you for waiting to download the patch. Check out the full patch notes by hitting Read More, or in the Forum Thread for next gen patch updates.
- Voice Chat should now be much more reliable when three or more people on a team are voice-enabled.
- Fixed an issue where users would not see server-based content (thumbnails in the store, NBA Today video, clothes in The Park) when signing into a first party account after having already booted the game.
- Fixed an in issue in MyCAREER where an in-game save (specifically, in the game before you were set to receive your own signature shoe) would freeze when attempting to later load the file.
- In MyCAREER, the On-Court Coach signature skill will now properly allow you to call plays when equipped.
- In MyGM, fixed an issue where no players would appear (in specific circumstances) in the list when attempting to propose a trade.
- Fixed in issue in Online Leagues that prevented some users from being able to matchmake against select other users. Online Leagues in general should be much more stable now.
- Duplicate players (the same player from different years) are no longer allowed in the same lineup for a MyTEAM game, as was originally intended.
- The default quarter length in MyCAREER has been reset to 6 minute quarters, as originally intended. Users are welcome to re-adjust as necessary.
- Addressed an issue where specific player types were unable to complete alley-oops.
- Users will no longer experience a freeze when loading into The Park after previously playing a different MyCAREER file that was terminated by quitting out of the Rookie Showcase.
- Fixed an issue where players would sometimes stop moving or even skip/glitch around the court when spectating a game.
- Fixed an issue where a game would sometimes disconnect when another player quit the match.
- Players will no longer get stuck after lining up to start a game if another user drops/quits right as the game is about to start.
- Addressed a very rare crash that would occur when users would spam their controllers while waiting on a ‘Got Next’ spot.
- Fixed an issue where a user playing on controller two will not up in The Park on other user’s screens.
- A number of other smaller Park changes have been made to increase the stability and overall performance of this feature.
NOTE: All patch fixes will work in your existing game mode saves.