2K-Remastered (New ReShade for NBA 2K18)

A hub for everything related to NBA 2K18 modding. Releases, previews, requests, and other modding discussion belongs here.

2K-Remastered (New ReShade for NBA 2K18)

Postby OfirOhayon on Wed Jun 27, 2018 6:55 pm

Hello everyone,
So I've known this forum for a long time, but it's safe to say that I'm new here because I never took a part of it, till now.
I'm planning to keep making more creative stuff in order to improve the gameplay experience for all of us, so I hope you'll like this mod for now.

This is my new graphics/visuals mod for NBA 2K18 (ReShade)

I've used Reshade developed by crosire with a few Effects to modify the game as I see fits.
Quick Note:
I'm not an expert in developing mods or using any special treatments in order to get the best results possible,
It took me a couple of days to find the best settings which I think looks best according to my eyes.

This download includes all the files you will need to run the mod, including the latest ReShade from crosire and the preset.
The preset is meant to work best with 1080p.
I will add new presets for 1440p and 4k in the future, so stay tuned.

Changing Notes:
My preset was designed to tweak 2K's graphics :
Colors - the colors in the game to my eyes are too bright and over saturated.
Blur - even though the players looks sharp enough from close range, from a distance (broadcast view) the game looks blurry to me.

Instructions:
Please follow the instructions carefully in order to avoid some mistakes.

1) Download the mod from here : http://www.mediafire.com/file/306937kgwd901br/2K-Remastered+v1.1+by+OfirOhayon.rar

2) Extract the Zip file to your main game folder (typically c:\program files(x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\NBA 2K18).

Important! Please make sure that you don't have any other older versions of ReShade already installed on NBA 2k18.

3) Open the game and verify that Reshade has been loaded (it pops up at the upper screen for a few seconds).

You can change the presets while in game by clicking on SHIFT+F2.

4) Done!

That's it,Please leave a feedback if you'd like, I would really appreciate it!
Enjoy!!

Last edited by OfirOhayon on Fri Jun 29, 2018 6:08 am, edited 2 times in total.
OfirOhayon

Re: 2K-Remastered (New ReShade for NBA 2K18)

Postby TheCed on Wed Jun 27, 2018 7:11 pm

Hey man, this crashed for me. I'm on Windows 10.
TheCed

Postby OfirOhayon on Wed Jun 27, 2018 7:14 pm

Make sure that you don't have any older versions of ReShade already installed.
OfirOhayon

Postby TheCed on Wed Jun 27, 2018 8:59 pm

I did, I don't have any.
TheCed

Postby Rosque on Thu Jun 28, 2018 12:18 am

idk, the game does not look better with this. it's way too dark imo
Rosque

Postby Dee4Three on Thu Jun 28, 2018 1:14 am

Rosque wrote:idk, the game does not look better with this. it's way too dark imo

To the OP, remember... part of the problem with this game is it's unrealistically dark arenas, which hurt the atmosphere of the game. Making the game darker is the opposite of what you want to do.

I didn't try the mod, but I can tell by the screenshots.
"I don't know if I practiced more than anybody, but I sure practiced enough. I still wonder if somebody - somewhere - was practicing more than me." - Larry Bird

Check out my YouTube channel

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCvHJXrqit8Dc6HBY5P6EmAA

Follow me on Twitter

https://twitter.com/Dee4Three84
Dee4Three
NLSC Team Member
NLSC Team Member

Postby OfirOhayon on Thu Jun 28, 2018 1:47 am

Rosque wrote:idk, the game does not look better with this. it's way too dark imo

I know, The game was too bright and saturated for me, so I had to reduce it a little bit.
And also, you can toggle between the on/off by clicking on "Scroll Lock" button.
Be the judge :)

Please send me more specific feedbacks, and maybe I'll try to improve the preset to be more suitable for you.
OfirOhayon

Postby Rosque on Thu Jun 28, 2018 2:19 am

These are pictures from my game

Just don't look right

Adds way too much jagged lines and removes sharpness as you can see.
Rosque

Postby Rosque on Thu Jun 28, 2018 2:25 am

Two more

Rosque

Postby Dee4Three on Thu Jun 28, 2018 3:29 am

Here are real life pictures from a broadcast at the Spurs home (I just screen grabbed these). Following the real life screen, is a screen of your reshade (Rosque screens)

And, here is default 2K18 vs real life.

I mean, I'm not sure how the game developers looked at the lighting/graphics in this game, and thought it was okay to release. This is a simulation basketball game, it's supposed to be simulating real life. Look how ridiculous the 2K18 screenshot looks from the actual game lighting wise? Not to mention none of the players in 2K18 really looking like athletes. I'm not sure where this whole super dark stadium thing started, or how it has been incorporated so drastically (In most every arena) in a couple 2K's now (2K15 and 2K18), but it's not even close to accurate color or lighting wise.

If you are trying to create a more realistic look, a more accurate portrayal of real life NBA, the arena's need to be lighter, as well as many or all of the floors.
"I don't know if I practiced more than anybody, but I sure practiced enough. I still wonder if somebody - somewhere - was practicing more than me." - Larry Bird

Follow me on Twitter

Dee4Three
NLSC Team Member
NLSC Team Member

Postby OfirOhayon on Thu Jun 28, 2018 4:16 am

Don't forget that it's just a reshade mod, there are a lot more things that you need to change before turning it to something close enough to real life.
to me, the game looked very blurry and over saturated, I enjoyed much more while playing with my mod.
It's my first release, which I saw fits the game, I can always keep tweaking the settings and update the preset,
you can add me on steam if you'd like, and we can work on it together.
OfirOhayon

Postby Dee4Three on Thu Jun 28, 2018 4:23 am

OfirOhayon wrote:Don't forget that it's just a reshade mod, there are a lot more things that you need to change before turning it to something close enough to real life.
to me, the game looked very blurry and over saturated, I enjoyed much more while playing with my mod.
It's my first release, which I saw fits the game, I can always keep tweaking the settings and update the preset,
you can add me on steam if you'd like, and we can work on it together.

By all means, I want it to be clear that I am not insulting your work, those screens were more pointed at my frustrations with 2K's art department/developers. The worst screen comparison in the bunch is actually the default 2K, with the real screenshot. Look how crazy of a difference that is, it's like they tried to screw it up.

I am not working on 2K18, I just browse the section. I'm still on 2K17, but here is what I like for lighting (One of my own 2K17 gameplay videos using the 04-05 Spurs).

Yes, it obviously has a floor mod (Thanks to Manni Live), and I'm using RKJ global, but this lighting more closely resembles the real life lighting. I feel like it makes the arena look more alive and helps with the atmosphere. No, it's not exact, and could be a tad light, but its a much better atmosphere and closer to real life to play in.

phpBB [video]

Follow me on Twitter

Dee4Three
NLSC Team Member
NLSC Team Member

Postby OfirOhayon on Thu Jun 28, 2018 6:06 am

Exactly what I was trying to say, putting just the ReShade mod won't change the game drastically, you still need few more tweaks and mods like courts, lighting, RKJ global etc.
Anyways, I'm already working on some fixes according to your suggestions, and trying to make it better.

Either way my goal is to make the game feel a bit more realistic, but with ReShade my powers are limited.
I'll try to do my best to make it as accurate as possible to your liking.

If you really want to make the game feel as realistic as possible, you can't be based on ReShade. you'll need more mods.
Feel free to contact me outside the forum to reduce the delay of replies and to achieve better results sooner.
OfirOhayon

Postby Dee4Three on Thu Jun 28, 2018 6:09 am

OfirOhayon wrote:Exactly what I was trying to say, putting just the ReShade mod won't change the game drastically, you still need few more tweaks and mods like courts, lighting, RKJ global etc.
Anyways, I'm already working on some fixes according to your suggestions, and trying to make it better.

Either way my goal is to make the game feel a bit more realistic, but with ReShade my powers are limited.
I'll try to do my best to make it as accurate as possible to your liking.

If you really want to make the game feel as realistic as possible, you can't be based on ReShade. you'll need more mods.
Feel free to contact me outside the forum to reduce the delay of replies and to achieve better results sooner.

Will do. And yeah, agreed about having more than one mod installed. I personally like the look of vanilla 2K17, but the mods certainly enhance it. Reshade is nice, but as with 2K15 (I used Goldenstates reshade) it helped a tad, but without a proper global it never reached its peak graphically.

I'll message you via PM if I have any more ideas.

Follow me on Twitter

Dee4Three
NLSC Team Member
NLSC Team Member

Postby Aston on Thu Jun 28, 2018 6:41 am

Yeah, i think we see more the details on this reshade with RKJ Global and Manni courts. Its look clear and awesome.

I like it, thanks :wink:
Aston
Culture.

Postby OfirOhayon on Thu Jun 28, 2018 8:14 am

OK so I made a few changes to the mod :

1. I've added another preset, the 1080p preset still looks the same with the reddish looks and a bit darker, while the v2 is more blue and brighter.
2. I reduced the over sharpness from the previous version just a little bit.

Please delete the old files and replace all the them with the new ones.
You can change the presets while in game by clicking on SHIFT+F2.

Download here : http://www.mediafire.com/file/306937kgw ... Ohayon.rar

Pictures :
1080p Preset
1080p v2 Preset
1080p Preset
1080p Preset
OfirOhayon

Postby mickachiste on Thu Jun 28, 2018 6:57 pm

Simple question from a retro fan : Can we create a 90's broadcast with Reshade ?
mickachiste

Postby eldonger69 on Thu Jun 28, 2018 7:34 pm

there is a bug whwn using controller
eldonger69

Postby t-work on Thu Jun 28, 2018 9:49 pm

mickachiste wrote:Simple question from a retro fan : Can we create a 90's broadcast with Reshade ?

Definitely
t-work

Postby mickachiste on Thu Jun 28, 2018 10:39 pm

t-work wrote:
mickachiste wrote:Simple question from a retro fan : Can we create a 90's broadcast with Reshade ?

Definitely

Hmmm sounds good ! Anybody to help me for that ?
mickachiste

Postby sunghyun26 on Thu Jul 05, 2018 12:19 am

I love it, but the game looks much too blurry and not sharp with this... Whats the matter? Do u have to disable AA or soemthing?
sunghyun26

Return to NBA 2K18 Modding