LIVE JAM 06 is a NBA Jam-style mod for NBA Live 06. Based on the current roster update, it modifies player ratings and gameplay settings for an up-tempo arcade style experience. It also includes arcade sound effects, special players and more. Don't have a Wii, Xbox 360 or Playstation 3? Looking for a change of pace? Try LIVE JAM!
Required Files Only
If you've already downloaded the NLSC Current Roster Update, you can save yourself some time and download the Required Files Only version.
- 10 Man Rosters for all 30 NBA teams, based on 2010/2011 season rosters
- Ratings, sliders and settings adjusted for NBA Jam-style arcade action
- All players can dunk!
- Over 70 Special Players/Boss Players including legendary NBA players
- Arcade Sound Effects from NBA Live 2004
- Custom Basketball with glowing, On Fire-type appearance
- Player and team art updated for the 2010/2011 NBA season
- Can be used alongside the regular roster update with minimised overlap
- Compatible with all game modes
- Optional ABA-style basketball
A few things we can't do with LIVE JAM.
- Sorry, no 2-on-2 or 3-on-3 gameplay. We've never been able to get that to work properly.
- No NBA Jam-style dunks, somersaulting off the screen and the like.
- No custom commentary. We can't edit the commentary, so unfortunately we can't stick in a "Boomshakalaka!" and the like.
- Unfortunately, we can't use the NBA Live 2003 sound effects. I tried and it crashed the game, which is a shame because there are some really good arcade-style sounds in 2003 that would've been perfect. Can't be done though.
- There's no way to represent Fire in terms of gameplay.
- And in general, we can't add brand new modes or gameplay elements. So whatever this mod does has to make use of what's already in the game.
In future releases, I'd like to add more special players but to do that, I'll need to have an appropriate cyberface (and preferably a portrait as well). Feel free to suggest players to be added or donate any face/portrait files, including portrait files for special players who are currently missing one. Other ideas on how to improve and expand the mod are also most welcome.