1991-92 Roster

A hub for everything related to NBA 2K10 modding. Releases, previews, requests, and other modding discussion belongs here.

Re: 1991-92 Roster Patch/ RELEASED

Postby regret on Sat Jun 26, 2010 5:22 pm

I wish someone could get these uploaded somewhere else. I made it to Logos, but sendspace told me I passed the 300MB hourly limit.
Someone help me out! :(
regret

Postby Blade Runner on Sat Jun 26, 2010 5:38 pm

@Ultranix

Thanks man! I really would love to see a Sarunas face made (Y).

About the commentary, that's a problem that's happening almost every retro patch that is older than the 2000's era. The same happens to the 96 roster... it's inevitable as we have replaced current players with retro ones a thus the fun facts about them and sometimes certain commentary is from another (current) player. That happens because 90% of player commentary is in the player's ID and thus deep inside the core of the game, which can't be edited. First name ID and Last Name ID are just for in-game call-names which make up only a small percentage of all the commentary. What I do is paly whithout commentary and with Pa volume set to max (I got sick of the commentators a long time ago anyway).

As for Jordan, are you talking about his sig jumper? You can edit that yourself to whatever you want in edit mode screen (Y) . T.Sefolosha is another good option for him.

@Kris

Thanks for the sig jumper suggestion, that's a good one too!

@regret

I will try to upload other mirrors next week ok. But you can always wait to download the other parts, trust me, you won't regret it LOL.

Last but not least I made this vid where Mj talks about the Dream Team.

phpBB [video]

Enjoy (Y)
Blade Runner

Postby Teri on Sat Jun 26, 2010 6:44 pm

Aloncho, i have a problem with the dream team. I remember when i first start the game that i saw the team and the players while i was quick-searching the rosters. But now i cant!
Or was my idea that i saw the team..? :oops:

If you could give me an answer in order to figure that issue.
Teri

Postby UltraNIX on Sat Jun 26, 2010 7:08 pm

I don't know how the system works in 2K realm, but as i'm familiar with NBA LIve mechanism, change player ID - and the problem is gone. As current players (especially stars) have commentary files dedicated to them personally, assigning different player ID would do the trick. This couldn't work if there's a specific limit of player ID, but it seems unlikely.
UltraNIX

Postby inbar on Sun Jun 27, 2010 12:05 am

aloncho11 wrote:
inbar wrote:Hey I have a quick question. Is it just me or is everyone having this problem: I am playing as the Bulls in Association and my post defense is terrible. Every time they do a pick and roll my pf and c always run out and just kinda sit around on the perimeter guarding no one? haha. I literally have to do both post defenders if I don't want the opposing team scoring 70 points in the paint.
Hope you can help!

No, it's just you :D

bahaha darn :D

The shot I use for MJ is Anthony Parker. The release looks good and it has a quick release
inbar
I was born in the wrong era.
Contributor

Postby bee-boy on Sun Jun 27, 2010 2:17 am

aloncho11, I was wondering did you add the Jordan 8 shoe in this patch?
ImageWhether you Love him or Hate him you gotta Respect him.
bee-boy
U-Mad!!!!

Postby StompTheCourt on Sun Jun 27, 2010 2:49 am

regret wrote:I wish someone could get these uploaded somewhere else. I made it to Logos, but sendspace told me I passed the 300MB hourly limit.
Someone help me out! :(

regret that happened to me when i downloaded this patch, so i waited for an hour and then guess what :?:
i was able to download all the other files just be patient man (Y)
StompTheCourt
NBA2K Modding Vet
Contributor

Postby Blade Runner on Sun Jun 27, 2010 3:21 am

Teri wrote:Aloncho, i have a problem with the dream team. I remember when i first start the game that i saw the team and the players while i was quick-searching the rosters. But now i cant!

It's there...you have to follow the instructions on section #1 on the first page... if you are not copying the settings file that comes in the saves folder and overwriting yours with mine, the team won't appear since it is an unlocked team.

bee-boy wrote:aloncho11, I was wondering did you add the Jordan 8 shoe in this patch?

If you look them up in the Jordan Brand shoes, they're in the slot of Ol' School III
Blade Runner

Postby bee-boy on Sun Jun 27, 2010 3:44 am

aloncho11 wrote:
Teri wrote:Aloncho, i have a problem with the dream team. I remember when i first start the game that i saw the team and the players while i was quick-searching the rosters. But now i cant!

It's there...you have to follow the instructions on section #1 on the first page... if you are not copying the settings file that comes in the saves folder and overwriting yours with mine, the team won't appear since it is an unlocked team.

bee-boy wrote:aloncho11, I was wondering did you add the Jordan 8 shoe in this patch?

If you look them up in the Jordan Brand shoes, they're in the slot of Ol' School III

Thanks I found em (Y)
ImageWhether you Love him or Hate him you gotta Respect him.
bee-boy
U-Mad!!!!

Postby Culture Games on Sun Jun 27, 2010 5:08 am

UltraNIX wrote:I don't know how the system works in 2K realm, but as i'm familiar with NBA LIve mechanism, change player ID - and the problem is gone. As current players (especially stars) have commentary files dedicated to them personally, assigning different player ID would do the trick. This couldn't work if there's a specific limit of player ID, but it seems unlikely.

You mean assigning everyone the ID of a player who doesnt have commentary? That sounds like a good idea
Culture Games
ABL Commish

Postby SpriteAlpha on Sun Jun 27, 2010 9:01 am

ernlester wrote:how do you get the icon to work?tia

Right click the shortcut file and click "Properties". Then click "Change Icon" and open the file. And then it should be done :D
SpriteAlpha

Postby Blade Runner on Sun Jun 27, 2010 10:33 am

xoamberxo222 wrote:
UltraNIX wrote:I don't know how the system works in 2K realm, but as i'm familiar with NBA LIve mechanism, change player ID - and the problem is gone. As current players (especially stars) have commentary files dedicated to them personally, assigning different player ID would do the trick. This couldn't work if there's a specific limit of player ID, but it seems unlikely.

You mean assigning everyone the ID of a player who doesnt have commentary? That sounds like a good idea

Like UltraNIX said, it's unlikely, as that method wouldn't work since current player ID's (the slots given to the players) are unique ...We can't have 200 plus players with the same ID. It's not possible with the editor. ID is what determines the real commentary for players and not SomeID or SomeID2 like some people think, the latter are only for call-names.

We can't modify Player ID as of right now.
Blade Runner

Postby ©roke on Sun Jun 27, 2010 11:43 am

Thanks for this patch aloncho. It's really amazing. :applaud:

I don't know what you did, but the game even plays better. I feel that I got more control over my players, so basically, you made my game 10 times better. :bowdown:
©roke

Postby Erchamion on Sun Jun 27, 2010 5:43 pm

I think this is the best retro basketball patch i ever played, thanks a lot.

Are you planning to change the teamnames of Washington, New Orleans, Oklahoma City and maybe Memphis to their old names?
If not, how can you change those names in this game?
Erchamion

Postby Culture Games on Sun Jun 27, 2010 6:02 pm

Erchamion wrote:I think this is the best retro basketball patch i ever played, thanks a lot.

Are you planning to change the teamnames of Washington, New Orleans, Oklahoma City and maybe Memphis to their old names?
If not, how can you change those names in this game?

if aloncho didnt do it, that probably means there isnt a way to do it. he really did just about everything possible in this patch
Culture Games
ABL Commish

Postby UltraNIX on Sun Jun 27, 2010 9:15 pm

no, aloncho11. What I meant is. Let's say you start with some 2000. then Johnny Dawkins would be ID 2000, hersey hawkins would be ID 2001, Charles Barkley - ID 2002 and so on. And thus ID's would intervene and therefore we'd have proper commentary. I'm sure this is possible. If not via Rededitor, it can be done via Hex Editor, thus, somebody should step up and do changes (if i remember correctly - pdub, jaosming have knowledge of hex editing).
UltraNIX

Postby Vl@d Zola Jr. on Mon Jun 28, 2010 1:06 am

if aloncho didnt do it, that probably means there isnt a way to do it. he really did just about everything possible in this patch

I think, he'll do this in future, as this is possible.
2aloncho, if you need some extra lengths (letters) for Bank Of Names - drop me a message - i'll do this for you.

no, aloncho11. What I meant is. Let's say you start with some 2000. then Johnny Dawkins would be ID 2000, hersey hawkins would be ID 2001, Charles Barkley - ID 2002 and so on. And thus ID's would intervene and therefore we'd have proper commentary. I'm sure this is possible. If not via Rededitor, it can be done via Hex Editor, thus, somebody should step up and do changes (if i remember correctly - pdub, jaosming have knowledge of hex editing).

In HEX there are only 3 + 1 unique IDs for players: CF_Portr_ID, SomeID, SomeID2 + slot ID. So, i don't know, what you are planning to do :D
Vl@d Zola Jr.
Contributor
Contributor

Postby Blade Runner on Mon Jun 28, 2010 2:22 am

Thanks Vl@d, I will certainly do. Already did the Super Sonics.

Thanks again for your help.
Blade Runner

Postby Teri on Mon Jun 28, 2010 2:26 am

All the teams are perfect aloncho. And ok about the Dream Team, i copy-paste the settings an now its perfect. ButThe all star game teams are not correct. It is normal right?
Teri

Postby Blade Runner on Mon Jun 28, 2010 2:39 am

Yes, as of right now like Vl@d Zola JR. said, the players in these teams are assigned by a different method from that via the roster file, so they can't be modified as of right now if you want to play an exhibition game with the all-stars. Probably in the future this will be issued by the editor or by some other method.
Last edited by Blade Runner on Mon Jun 28, 2010 2:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
Blade Runner

Postby Teri on Mon Jun 28, 2010 2:44 am

Never mind, when that moment comes i will simulate that match in my season :D

Thanks again.
Teri

1998-1999 SEASON REQUEST!!

Postby THE INFAMOUZ on Tue Jun 29, 2010 1:35 am

sir would you mind to create a 98-99 season roster?? with mr.excitement portrait..please please please please sir im begging you..i do really want that 98-99 season..please!!
THE INFAMOUZ

Postby gabolifal on Tue Jun 29, 2010 3:39 am

DUDEEEE!!!!! You patch is A-Mazing!!! The game LOOKS different and FEELS different, that what matters most, congratulations for your complete workm having such a huge fun playing with the lakers, thank you.
Sorry, but I'll have to endorse what "THE INFAMOUZ" is saying, a 98-99 season would be damn nice to refuse...hauhauahuahuahauhauh
But I understand the lack of time, so if you like we'll enjoy this amazing patch 'till NBA 2k11 comes out, and if you like to, you could do this 98-99 patch for the 2k11...hehehehe

Anyway, congratulations again, it's works like this one that makes PC games so much more fun to play than consoles.
gabolifal

Postby d-fish on Tue Jun 29, 2010 4:07 am

gabolifal wrote:DUDEEEE!!!!! You patch is A-Mazing!!! The game LOOKS different and FEELS different, that what matters most

I agree with gabolifal. I know I've already mentioned how great this patch is, but I've been playing this thing every night since I downloaded it and I never tire of playing with all the different teams. Its absolutely amazing! It plays so differently--which is good, because it is a different era in basketball! So cool! :applaud:

I know you are exhausted from completing such an amazing MOD, but if you have any desire to do another MOD, I wouldn't mind seeing a 92-93 MOD. That was a great year for basketball and there wouldn't be quite as much work to do, because its only one year from the current MOD. Then we could play with the awesome Suns that included Barkley, plus Shaq and Mourning would be in the game. Just a thought... regardless, this is easily my absolute favorite MOD for 2k10! So, I'll be playing this for a really long time! Thanks again :D
d-fish

Postby gabolifal on Tue Jun 29, 2010 9:12 am

ohhhhh that would be so nice too. Imagine playing with a rookie shaq, breaking boards, making an impact in the NBA!!!! My fav mod too!!!
gabolifal

PreviousNext

Return to NBA 2K10 Modding