FIBA world ranking

Like real basketball, as well as basketball video games? Talk about the NBA, NCAA, and other professional and amateur basketball leagues here.

FIBA world ranking

Postby frenchy on Mon Sep 10, 2007 10:02 pm

Here is below the latest FIBA world ranking for basketball countries.
What do you think of it ?
IMO it is completely stupid
From the 1st to the 10th place it is quite ok then after.....
I was looking for Poland and Portugal and I was not able to find them.
Do you really think that Congo and Hong Kong are playing better basketball ??? (no offense to people from these 2 countries)

Nevertheless, I would like to thanks FIBA for this ranking ! Thanks to it I have improved my knowledge in geography !!

1.USA
2.Argentina
3.Spain
4.Serbia
5.Lithuania
6.Italy
7.Greece
8.France
9.Australia
10. Germany
11.China
12.Puerto Rico
13.New Zealand
14.Turkey
14.Angola
16.Canada
17.Brazil
18.Russia
19.Slovenia
20. Venezuela
21.Croatia
22.Nigeria
23.Lebanon
24.Israel
25. Korea
26.Qatar
27.Uruguay Uruguay
28.Mexico
29.Panama
30.Dominican Republic
31.Algeria
32.Japan
33.Islamic Republic of Iran
34.Egypt
35.Virgin Islands
36.Latvia
37.Senegal
38.Bosnia and Herzegovina
39.Ukraine
40.Chinese Taipei
41.Tunisia
41.Kazakhstan
43. Jordan
44.Central African Republic
45.Syria
45.India
47.Mali
48.Morocco
49.Cameroon
50. Ivory Coast
51.Kuwait
52.Hong Kong
53.Czech Republic
54.Uzbekistan
55.Mozambique
56.Bulgaria
56.South Africa
56.Macedonia
56.Cape Verde
60.Malaysia
61.Estonia
61.Hungary
63.Philippines
64.Indonesia
64.United Arab Emirates
66.Kingdom of Saudi Arabia
67.Sweden
68.Gabon
69.Thailand
70.Singapore
71.Rwanda
71.Madagascar
73.Congo
frenchy
He is coming....

Postby Dramacydal on Mon Sep 10, 2007 10:15 pm

Greece should be at four at least. At the moment they're struggling but they have a complete team without selfishness and with a lot of depth. Plus they are the current european champions and won silver at the world cup if I remember correctly.
Dramacydal

Postby Anthony15 on Tue Sep 11, 2007 6:38 am

:shock: Russia behind Angola
Anthony15

Postby debiler on Tue Sep 11, 2007 7:33 am

Angola is a joke. But when you play against Swaziland and Djibouti, you gotta win some of your games.
Confucius say: "Man go to bed with itchy butt wake up with smelly finger."
debiler

Postby The Debilash™ on Tue Sep 11, 2007 5:03 pm

Serbia rating is way too big :evil:

Sorry, my english is not good :(
The Debilash™

Postby SVG18 on Thu Sep 13, 2007 3:41 am

wow Belgium isnt even ranked lol

I thought we beat Ukraine and Israel... dont we get some points? :)
SVG18

Postby JuryD on Thu Sep 13, 2007 5:27 am

Huh this rating sucks Latvia is stronger all of that African teams and China! This rang is not objective!
JuryD

Postby The Debilash™ on Thu Sep 13, 2007 7:14 am

JuryD wrote:Huh this rating sucks Latvia is stronger all of that African teams and China! This rang is not objective!

Stronger than Africa - yes, but stronger than China - absolutely no, cause you Latvians lost to Portugal :lol: :lol: :lol:

The Debilash™

Postby JuryD on Thu Sep 13, 2007 2:44 pm

The Debilash™ wrote:
JuryD wrote:Huh this rating sucks Latvia is stronger all of that African teams and China! This rang is not objective!

Stronger than Africa - yes, but stronger than China - absolutely no, cause you Latvians lost to Portugal :lol: :lol: :lol:

In Italia tournament we f**ked China with 20 points and 2 years back we winned them with Yao in roster!

The Game with was catostrophe the shot % was :shock:! We played good in this championat we started well(winned Croatia)!
JuryD

Postby The Debilash™ on Fri Sep 14, 2007 1:37 am

JuryD wrote:
The Debilash™ wrote:

In Italia tournament we f**ked China with 20 points and 2 years back we winned them with Yao in roster!

The Game with was catostrophe the shot % was :shock:! We played good in this championat we started well(winned Croatia)!

That was a just a friendly game. But your match against Portugal were the most important match in Eurobasket and you've lost it :lol: Latvians, you need to say true - Latvia definlety is average in basketball. No offense to you, cause it's real, it's damm real :)

The Debilash™

Postby Lean on Fri Sep 14, 2007 4:35 pm

Philippines = :headbang:, at least we went 6 places higher. I think we were at 69 before the FIBA Asia tournament.
Lean
The Artist Formerly Known as Crappystuff
NLSC Team Member

Postby JuryD on Sat Sep 15, 2007 3:50 am

The Debilash™ wrote:
JuryD wrote:
The Debilash™ wrote:

That was a just a friendly game. But your match against Portugal were the most important match in Eurobasket and you've lost it :lol: Latvians, you need to say true - Latvia definlety is average in basketball. No offense to you, cause it's real, it's damm real :)

Latvia can reach 6 place in Eurobasket but not higher! That is our max 6-12 place! :)
JuryD

Postby The Debilash™ on Sat Sep 15, 2007 4:48 am

JuryD wrote:
The Debilash™ wrote:
JuryD wrote:
The Debilash™ wrote:

Latvia can reach 6 place in Eurobasket but not higher! That is our max 6-12 place! :)

You're joker, dude :lol: :lol: :lol: How can they reach 6 place? If in 2003 they were last, in 2005 they were last and in 2007 also they were last. What a shame (N)

The Debilash™

Postby JuryD on Sat Sep 15, 2007 4:01 pm

In 2001 they were 8! And winned Slovenia and LITHUANIA!! In 2003 Eurobasket Macijauskas with a crazy three winned the game with +1!!!

Lithuania is not easy to win Latvia :wink:
We always are UNLUCKY because we are LATVIANS :oops: :lol:

In other Sports Lithuania sucks but Latvia reached Footbal Eiro championat
And Latvia in hockey are in 9 place in world! :lol:
JuryD

Postby The Debilash™ on Sat Sep 15, 2007 5:59 pm

JuryD wrote:In 2001 they were 8! And winned Slovenia and LITHUANIA!! In 2003 Eurobasket Macijauskas with a crazy three winned the game with +1!!!

So what?? Well, at fooball we sucks - it's true. But do you know what did Latvia's football national team coach says to us when you reached the Euro 2004? He says that Latvian's players are not better than Lithuania's. So football at our country is realy popular, but or football level is low :cry: But in Euro 2008 qualifyng we had a game with Italians in Italy. And you know what result was when we played against World champions in their own country? The result was 1:1 :) What about hockey? I don't like this sport so I can't tell something about Lithuania national hockey team.

But nr.1 sport in our country is basketball - every Lithuanian is crazy of basketball, during Eurobasket now there is a lot of cars in Vilnius with Lithuania flags on the roof. And we are showing good results in basketball (better than Latvia in hockey or in football), but Ilgauskas didn't ever play for our team :cry: When we will have Ilgauskas, I believe we'll be unstopable, and now without Ilgauskas and Macijauskas we have reach an Eurobasket semifinal.

The Debilash™

Postby shadowgrin on Sat Sep 15, 2007 11:54 pm

Lean wrote:Philippines = :headbang:, at least we went 6 places higher. I think we were at 69 before the FIBA Asia tournament.

Yes we're better than Sweden!!! :neutral:
HE'S USING HYPNOSIS!
JaoSming2KTV wrote:its fun on a bun
shadowgrin
Doesn't negotiate with terrorists. NLSC's Jefferson Davis. The Questioneer

Postby JuryD on Sun Sep 16, 2007 5:30 am

The Debilash™ wrote:
JuryD wrote:In 2001 they were 8! And winned Slovenia and LITHUANIA!! In 2003 Eurobasket Macijauskas with a crazy three winned the game with +1!!!

So what?? Well, at fooball we sucks - it's true. But do you know what did Latvia's football national team coach says to us when you reached the Euro 2004? He says that Latvian's players are not better than Lithuania's. So football at our country is realy popular, but or football level is low :cry: But in Euro 2008 qualifyng we had a game with Italians in Italy. And you know what result was when we played against World champions in their own country? The result was 1:1 :) What about hockey? I don't like this sport so I can't tell something about Lithuania national hockey team.

But nr.1 sport in our country is basketball - every Lithuanian is crazy of basketball, during Eurobasket now there is a lot of cars in Vilnius with Lithuania flags on the roof. And we are showing good results in basketball (better than Latvia in hockey or in football), but Ilgauskas didn't ever play for our team :cry: When we will have Ilgauskas, I believe we'll be unstopable, and now without Ilgauskas and Macijauskas we have reach an Eurobasket semifinal.

In Ilgauskas family was tragedy! :( His wife lot twins! And he had long season!
JuryD

Postby The Debilash™ on Sun Sep 16, 2007 7:27 am

JuryD wrote:
The Debilash™ wrote:

In Ilgauskas family was tragedy! :( His wife lot twins! And he had long season!

Yeah, I know this is big tragedy... This really sad, but Ilgauskas every year has an explanation to not play for Lithuania :evil: This year he has a tragedy and I understand him, but many years before he still didn't play...

The Debilash™

Postby [Q] on Sun Sep 16, 2007 7:59 am

Kool Moe Dee wrote:
Lean wrote:Philippines = :headbang:, at least we went 6 places higher. I think we were at 69 before the FIBA Asia tournament.

Yes we're better than Sweden!!! :neutral:

take that Andreas :wink:
[Q]
NBA Live 18 Advocate
NLSC Team Member

Postby Dwight Howard on Sat Sep 22, 2007 5:37 am

BUlgaria 56! COOL! :mrgreen:
We are better than Congo and Rwanda! :D
Dwight Howard

Postby The Other Kevin on Sat Sep 22, 2007 11:01 am

Dude, my school's team is better than the Congo and Rwanda.

Cloudy wrote:Damn I thought AO the streetballer got killed and is in Hell..
The Other Kevin

Postby Dwight Howard on Sun Sep 23, 2007 3:57 am

The Other Kevin wrote:Dude, my school's team is better than the Congo and Rwanda.

Hey dude if you were in Bulgaria and see where we train you will understand the fact that we are on 56 place is excellent! :cry:
Dwight Howard

Postby super_man322000 on Mon Sep 24, 2007 12:12 am

how many teams make it to the olympics???
super_man322000

Postby zygis1 on Tue Oct 09, 2007 3:08 am

In the fifa world rankings lithuania is better then Latvia take that JuryD
Bulls are gonna win the championship baby!
zygis1

Postby McDwyane on Wed Oct 17, 2007 8:02 pm

Philippines number 63....well at least we made it at top 70!
McDwyane

Next

Return to NBA & Basketball