We’re certainly in the thick of the preview season now, as the information regarding NBA 2K18 keeps on coming. 2K Sports have posted a new MyTEAM trailer, as well as a developer blog outling the additions and improvements in this year’s mode.
Some of the key points include:
- There’s a new mode called “Pack and Playoffs”. It’s essentially a draft mode, in which you open packs and get a new lineup each round. It’s luck of the draw, so sometimes you’ll end up with superstars, while other times you’ll end up with an underdog lineup of role players. The Playoffs consist of four rounds, each being a best of seven series. You can also use VC to hold onto players for the next round.
- Coaches will play a bigger role in NBA 2K18’s MyTEAM. New “system proficiency tech” (which will also be utilised in other modes) determines which of eight systems a team will run, and will have an impact on your MyTEAM’s performance. The idea will be to match suitable players to your coach’s system.
- “Super Max” is a new online mode with a salary cap and season gameplay. At the start of each round, users will need to build the best team possible under the set salary cap, and then compete in full length games.
- New Strategy Cards can be played during timeouts to add temporary boosts to your Points of Emphasis. Coaches also have different gem level cards this year.
- For chiefly offline gamers, Schedule Challenges will let you play through a 30 game schedule for all 30 NBA teams. They will all be available on day one, so no need to unlock them.
- The new All-Time teams have a presence in MyTEAM by way of All-Time Domination.
- The Auction House has been enhanced with real-time postings, reserve bidding, and the ability to sell stacks of items.
- MyTEAM Goals have been added, rewarding gamers for exploring the mode. The Collections menu has also been made easier to browse.
- Other enhancements include more Dynamic Duos, a reference to find a player’s Dynamic Duos partner, Badge replacement, bigger boosts for shoes, and an updated interface.
Be sure to check out the blog for the full scoop and some screenshots, which you can also find below and in our gallery. You can also watch the trailer below, or catch it here on YouTube if you can’t see the embedded video.
Your thoughts? Sound off in the comments below, and feel free to take the discussion to the NBA 2K18 section of the NLSC Forum!