EA Sports has published another open letter from NBA Live 14 Executive Producer Sean O’Brien, discussing the upcoming patch for the game which is expected to be pushed through next week. The letter goes into detail about some of the additions and enhancements that we can expect to see in the patch, including:
- New Shootaround mode, as seen in the recent tutorial videos.
- Visual upgrades including tuned lighting, with enhancements to players and uniforms.
- Gameplay improvements including improved responsiveness, ball and passing physics, momentum and animations.
- The 2014 All-Star court and jerseys.
- Additional Hardwood Classics jerseys
- The new basketball with Adam Silver’s signature.
- Some changes and fixes for the camera in LIVE Season games; the default camera is now the broadcast view, rather than the player lock camera.
- Various bug fixes in LIVE Season and Ultimate Team.
Sean also mentions that the game has seen over 13,000 updates from Synergy Sports, while confirming that the recent player face scans that have been mentioned on the game’s official Twitter are actually being done for NBA Live 15. On that note, Sean stresses that the work the team has been doing on the update for NBA Live 14 has not been at the expense of NBA Live 15, as all of their efforts are geared towards building for the future, while also providing some fixes for the current product.
Feel free to share your thoughts on the upcoming patch in the comments below, as well as in this thread in the NBA Live 14 section of the NLSC Forum.