EA Sports has posted Sean O’Brien’s answers to the #AskObes NBA Live 15 Twitter Q&A over on the game’s official website. Although the Q&A was centred around the first screenshot and behind the scenes video for NBA Live 15, Sean also touched very briefly on a few other points of interest. Highlights of the Q&A are as follows:
- The development team has scanned faces for around 70% of the league, and are planning on scanning the rookies during the NBA Summer League.
- Currently, the team plans to scan more faces during the 2015 season and push them through along with their other content updates.
- Specialised character artists have been tapped to create the faces for players they haven’t been able to scan yet.
- Player body types are being completely re-done.
- Much attention has been paid to improving gameplay, including the core systems and responsiveness on the sticks.
- Three big areas of improvement in NBA Live 15: visuals, gameplay, and onboarding (teaching users how to play).
- More screenshots (and video) coming soon. No exact word on when just yet.
- Jerseys and accessories will be improved (also being scanned). Scans do not affect cloth physics; two different systems that work parallel to each other.
- There’s a new approach to lighting in NBA Live 15, which has helped improve the visuals.