Adding an alpha layer to a cyberface
This tutorial details the process of adding an alpha layer to a cyberface. This is necessary when making cyberfaces for NBA Live 07 and NBA Live 08 so that the faces appear correctly in-game when lighting is enabled. This tutorial has been written using information originally provided by Ryan.
You will need...
- First, you will need to get an alpha layer from an original NBA Live 07/08 cyberface .fsh file. Please note that players with hair have different alpha layers to bald players (see below). Place the .fsh file in the same folder as fshline.exe.
- Drag and drop the .fsh file onto fshline.exe. It will extract the fsh into a folder of the same name as the fsh. Inside there will be the bhed bitmap, an alpha file, and an index file.
- Repeat this process for the .fsh file of the cyberface you need to add an alpha layer to. A new folder will be created containing a bhed bitmap and index file (but no alpha).
- Copy the bhed bitmap file from the second folder (the face you need to add an alpha layer to) to the first folder with the alpha layer file (extracted from the NBA Live 07/08 cyberface), overwriting the existing bitmap file.
- Copy the index, bitmap and alpha file from the first folder to the same folder as fshline.exe. All three of the face files must be in the same folder as fshline.exe for a new .fsh file to be properly compiled.
- Drag the index file onto fshline.exe. It will compile a .fsh file with the same name as the original NBA Live 07 cyberface.
- Rename the .fsh file as necessary so that it matches the appropriate PLAYERPKG value.