The NLSC Podcast is a weekly podcast hosted by members of the NLSC Team. Topics are primarily related to basketball video games with a focus on NBA Live and NBA 2K, as well as issues related to the modding community and current events in the real NBA. Occasionally, other games and subjects of interest to the hosts are discussed. Certain episodes have featured special guests, including people from the basketball gaming community, and members of the NBA Live and NBA 2K development teams.
The current primary hosts for the NLSC Podcast are Andrew, Arcane, and Kenny.
|| Number of Episodes
|| 49 (plus 2 as a Special Guest)
|| 40 (plus 3 as a Special Guest)
Currently, most episodes of the NLSC Podcast range from about an hour to an hour and a half in length. Special episodes, such as developer interviews, may run longer. The longest episode is Episode #29, which ran for three hours, eleven minutes, and fifteen seconds, and featured a roundtable discussion with seven participants, including special guest Da_Czar.
|| Release Date
||Leftos & Pdub
Special Guest: Da_Czar
- Da_Czar's motivations for starting SimNation and his experiences with it so far
- Getting involved in the development of basketball games
- Features in NBA 2K13
- Has 2K gone too casual, or does it still cater to hardcore sim fans?
- Thoughts on NBA Live 13 so far
- How can NBA Live redeem itself?
- What needs to happen to take basketball gaming to the next level
- Thoughts on the modding community
- And more!
|September 21st, 2012
|The "Lost" Pilot Episode
||Andrew & Pdub
Special Guest: bigball12
- This represents our first attempt at an NLSC Podcast
- Our special guest is Forum user bigball12, who acquired a retail copy of NBA Elite 11
- bigball12 gives his impressions of the game that was ultimately cancelled
- We talk about the future of the series as we saw it at the time
- The first reboot of NBA Jam is discussed, as well as NBA 2K11
|November 8th, 2010|
December 30th, 2012)
|Leftos & JaoSming
|Leftos & JaoSming
- JaoSming shows off his mad skills in Trials, but admits he can screw up pretty much everything else.
- They go through what stuff your favorite duo has done together since that Episode #6 when they were last together on the NLSC Podcast.
- JaoSming makes some bold claims about NBA 2K13, and they both go over the ways they enjoy the game.
- They introduce the upcoming Roster Workshop tool for NBA 2K13.
- Leftos reminisces about how his NBA Stats Tracker tool started, how far it's gone, and how it can help both real-life coaches and NBA 2K gamers enhance their experience and gain an advantage over their opponents.
- They discuss how Brad Pitt stole a Cavaliers' stats guy in Moneyball. Wait, what?
- They go back to how their strong friendship began. Spoiler: It was yet another tool that brought them together.
- The troubles of decoding the roster are brought up; both have immense respect for Vlad and what he does every year.
- JaoSming tries to persaude everyone he's still a good husband and father.
- An interesting question is brought up: When doing an Association, do you treat your players as real people, or do you ignore them completely and do your thing knowing its just a videogame? What's more engaging when you introduce your Association to an audience?
- NBA Inside 09 is brought up, which apparently was a terrible basketball game, but had a good storyline, something that's missing from all other basketbal games.
- Suddenly, magic happens, as they decide they're going to start the biggest (and most interesting, possibly) project they've ever undertaken, and change the way basketball games are played. We're not kidding.
|March 2nd, 2013
||Title & Synopsis
|| Release Date
||Leftos & JaoSming
||NBA 2K13: JaoSming vs Leftos
JaoSming takes on Leftos in an online game of NBA 2K13, while both giving their thoughts on the game so far.
|October 11th, 2012