As we find ourselves less than two weeks away from the release of NBA Live 14 and NBA 2K14, we’re getting more and more information on this year’s games. The 2014 season, although just a couple of weeks old, has also provided us with a few talking points. Join Arcane, Pdub and myself as we give our thoughts on the latest previews, news and real life NBA happenings in Episode #53 of the NLSC Podcast.
- A new developer blog has given us more insight into the controls, signature styles and defensive strategy in NBA Live 14. Do we like what we saw?
- We also got a couple of new tidbits from VSN Radio’s interview with developers Scott O’Gallagher and Ryan Ferwerda, leading to some speculation on a few features.
- NBA Live 14’s soundtrack has been revealed and unfortunately for Arcane, there’s no J. Cole…yet, anyway.
- Moving on to NBA 2K14, we give our thoughts on some MyTEAM snippets that have been mentioned on the official Facebook page during the past week.
- MyGM is shaping up to be a deep and interesting mode in NBA 2K14 next gen, but might there be too much depth to the mode?
- The PlayStation 4 version of NBA 2K14 will be getting some exclusive content. Fortunately, everyone on our panel will benefit.
- We answer a mailbag question regarding NBA 2K14’s chances at winning Game of the Year.
- Episode #53 wraps up with some talk about the real NBA. The Clippers’ fortunes, Bulls’ struggles, rookie performances and tanking are all discussed.
Click Play to listen to the show!
As has been the case recently, some really juicy news on both games broke a few hours after we finished recording this week’s episode. We’ll be sure to talk about all that good stuff next week but in the meantime, let us know what you think of Episode #53 and your opinion on the topics that we discussed. Sound off in the comments below or in this thread and don’t forget to post any mailbag submissions here.