The PlayStation 4 has launched and we have two new basketball games to play…well, two of us do, at any rate. Join Arcane, JaoSming, Pdub and myself as we discuss early impressions of NBA Live 14 and NBA 2K14 next gen, as well as some of the reactions from the community and gaming media.
- Before we get to JaoSming and Pdub’s impressions, Andrew once again plugs our interview with Gameplay Designer Scott O’Gallagher, recorded earlier this week.
- NBA Live 14 is out, which means the NBA Live series has finally officially returned. JaoSming and Pdub run down the good, the bad and the ugly.
- Is there a solid foundation to NBA Live 14? With a game finally released, can EA build upon what they’ve got?
- More features may be added through the year, a concept that we’d certainly welcome and encourage.
- JaoSming declares NBA 2K14 next gen a game that will sell the new consoles, from its aesthetics to the gameplay experience to its features.
- While the news is mostly good when it comes to NBA 2K14 next gen, there are a few signature 2K quirks that bear mentioning. However, the good far outweighs the bad.
- Were our concerns regarding MyGM and the revamped MyCAREER mode justified?
- As you might expect, The Park gets a mention or two.
- Neither game features Create-a-Player. We hope that philosophy is done away with before we get too far into this generation.
Click Play to listen to the show!
As always, we welcome your feedback and reactions to this week’s episode, either in the comments below or here in the Forum. Please also feel free to share your impressions of NBA Live 14 and NBA 2K14, so that we may read some of them out in a future episode.