It’s that time of the week again. Join Arcane, JaoSming and myself for Episode #68 of the NLSC Podcast, where we recap the 2014 NBA trade deadline, discuss its impact on this year’s video games, talk about a new(ish) modding breakthrough and more.
- The trade deadline has come and gone. NBA 2K14’s rosters have been updated, but NBA Live 14’s have not. We talk about the issues with NBA Live 14’s roster updates and reflect on EA’s good track record with NBA Live 09 and NBA Live 10.
- What are some of the features that we miss from previous NBA Live and NBA 2K titles? When do we think we’ll see some of them again, if ever?
- On a similar note, today’s games are fully featured, but are they truly deep, well-rounded and varied experiences?
- JaoSming talks a little about a new update for NBA 2K14 that actually modifies the game’s animations.
- We run down all of the deadline trades and commiserate our ill-fated predictions. Also, is being bought out the new “dealt at the deadline”?
- Raymond Felton adds to the New York Knicks’ embarrassment this season.
- Bill Simmons was allowed to call last week’s Boston Celtics/Los Angeles Lakers game. It was far more entertaining than the game itself.
- We wrap up the episode with a couple of other news items from around the NBA.
Click Play to listen to the show!
Let us know what you thought of this week’s show along with your take on any of the topics that we discussed, either in the comments below or here in the Forum. Topic suggestions and mailbag questions/comments are also welcome in this thread.