A couple of us are feeling a bit under the weather this week, but we were still eager to get together to talk basketball and basketball video games. Tune in to Episode #71 of the NLSC Podcast, featuring Arcane, JaoSming and myself, along with special guest Vl@d Zola Jr.
- Vl@d and JaoSming take us through the latest developments for RED MC. Some awesome stuff is in the works!
- EA Sports continues their face scanning for NBA Live 15, while also meeting with NBA coaches to gain more insight into their strategies to better hone the game’s AI.
- A quick glimpse at some dunks being motion captured for NBA 2K15 leads to a discussion on dunking in basketball video games.
- The full roster of NBA Legends is now available in NBA Live 14 Ultimate Team. We talk a little about what we want to see in the future as far as Legends in NBA Live are concerned.
- We can honestly say, JaoSming had the worst luck when it came to the random gift Locker Code that’s currently available for NBA 2K14.
- We’re giving away some digital copies of NBA 2K14 PC. Listen to the show for full details on how to win the first Steam code, and get your entries in ASAP!
- Phil Jackson is now officially president of basketball operations for the New York Knicks. Michael Jordan thinks he’ll do a great job…do we?
- Kyrie Irving is injured again and may be done for the season. Let’s hope there’s no NBA Live equivalent of the Madden curse.
- We recap the last week in the NBA, including teams that are hot, teams that we jinxed, and teams whose losing streaks we’re definitely not taking responsibility for.
- The Miami Heat have hit a bit of a rough patch, though it made for an exciting finish against the Brooklyn Nets last week. On a side note, ESPN fails at trivia.
- We touch briefly on March Madness. Our brackets will surely be busted.
- Episode #71 closes with some talk about Sony’s new virtual reality endeavour, Project Morpheus.
Click Play to listen to the show!
As always, we welcome your thoughts on this week’s show, as well as any of the topics that we discussed. You can hit us up in the comments below, as well as here in the Forum. We also invite you to send in your mailbag submissions and topic suggestions here.