It’s that time of the week again, so I invite you to join JaoSming and myself for Episode #89 of the NLSC Podcast! Tune in for discussion of the latest NBA Live 15 screenshot, the return of Crew Mode in NBA 2K15, a few new modding developments, and some NBA offseason tidbits.
- We got a glimpse of the new official NBA basketball in NBA Live 15. Does JaoSming like it more than NBA Live 14’s rock?
- The actual Crew Mode that gamers loved and missed will be returning in NBA 2K15 on PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360. Are we excited about that?
- Footage of NBA 2K15 for PlayStation 4 and Xbox One might be coming by the end of the week. With it being an Instagram video, we’re trying to keep our expectations low.
- In modding news this week: JaoSming’s latest project, a new development by TGsoGood, and more good stuff with the Ultimate Base Roster.
- We reflect on the latest Beat Jao challenge and last week’s Friday Five.
- Former WNBA star Becky Hammon has been hired by the San Antonio Spurs as a full-time assistant coach, breaking down another barrier in the NBA.
- Derrick Rose has had a fine showing in the Team USA scrimmages. The big news coming out last week however is Paul George’s gruesome injury…yikes.
- We discuss the possibility of stars no longer competing in non-NBA events, and get nostalgic for days gone by.
- It seems that Kevin Love is heading to Cleveland, which is making interviews for Andrew Wiggins somewhat awkward.
- Free agent talk, the retirement of Dick Bavetta, and a few other offseason topics are covered.
- We close with a short discussion of Brian Scalabrine’s essay. Admittedly, our words cannot do it justice.
Click Play to listen to the show!
As always, we welcome your thoughts on this week’s show, as well as any of the topics that we discussed. Have your say in the comments below, or here in the Forum! Mailbag submissions and topic suggestions are also welcome, so feel free to hit us up in this thread.