Today’s file additions for NBA 2K14 PC include four jersey updates for the 2014/2015 season, along with this year’s All-Star court. Pick them all up at the links below!
Three new Legends are coming to NBA Live 15 Ultimate Team this weekend: Alonzo Mourning, George Gervin, and David Thompson. As with other Legends, they’ll be available in random packs for a limited time, and you can currently square off against them in a Fantasy Challenge, which will be available until February 11th.
ALONZO MOURNING, CHARLOTTE HORNETS/ MIAMI HEAT/NEW JERSEY NETS C
Zo was a seven-time All-Star and a member of the 2006 Miami Heat team that won the NBA championship. He averaged 17.1 PPG, 8.5 RPG and 2.8 BPG in his career, and was recently inducated into the Basketball Hall of Fame.
GEORGE GERVIN, SAN ANTONIO SPURS/CHICAGO BULLS G
The “Iceman” averaged more than 26 PPG after the ABA/NBA merger, and is among the game’s all-time great shooting guards.
DAVID THOMPSON, DENVER NUGGETS/SEATTLE SUPERSONICS G
Thompson was a four-time NBA All-Star and averaged more than 22 PPG in his career. His 73 points against the Detroit Pistons in 1978 is tied for the fourth-highest scoring game ever.
Feel free to post any thoughts in the comments section below, as well as join in the Ultimate Team discussion here in our NBA Live 15 Forum.
We have just the one new file addition for NBA 2K14 PC today, namely an updated version of a Fantasy NBC Scoreboard. Download it at the link below!
Fantasy NBC Scoreboard (Updated to v2.0)
ModManZZZ has released a new version of his 2014/2015 season roster update for NBA Live 2004. The latest version is compatible with Dynasty Mode, and contains rosters that have been updated through January 20th, 2015.
ModManZZZ NBA Live 2014-2015 Roster Update (Updated to v5.9)
levynagy has some great releases lined up for NBA 2K11 PC, starting with this pack of faces converted from NBA 2K14. If you’re still playing the game, or would like to dust it off, be sure to pick up the pack at the link below!
2K14 Textures to 2K11 Players
V27 of the Ultimate Base Roster for NBA 2K14 PC by HAWK23 and company is out now! Key features of the latest release are as follows:
- *Added updated version of the Ultimate Base Roster & UBR Association Files with current transactions, signings, rotations, and coaching moves (2/1/15)
- Updated the 2015 East and West All-Star Teams
- Updated the 2015 Shooting Stars and Dunkers All-Star Teams
- Updated the 2015 Rising Stars U.S. and World Teams
- Added ~15 current-look cyberfaces for the current roster (no CFs overwritten)
- Added ~25 retro cyberfaces throughout retro season rosters (no CFs overwritten)
- Added ~15 retro player portraits and ~10 current player portrait updates
- Added a logo for the Dallas Chaparrals (found in Ult ABA Mod)
- Added roster rating tweaks to the 1960-1979 Mods – courtesy Suirad
- Added roster tweaks to the 2000-2014 Mods – courtesy Jspurg
- Rosters accurate as of 2/1/2015
It’s a little later than usual this week as we wanted to wait until the All-Star reserves had been announced before we recorded, but Episode #108 of the NLSC Podcast is out now! Join Arcane and myself as we chat about the latest news in NBA Live 15 and NBA 2K15 gaming, All-Star snubs, and more. Also featuring Fallout and Back to the Future references, along with a guest appearance by some bats.
- Congratulations to mp3, winner of our NBA Live 15 PS4 giveaway!
- We recap the week in NBA Live 15 content updates, from new rosters to the latest Ultimate Team Legends.
- Hassan Whiteside is now 77 overall in NBA 2K15, but his emergence needs a fancy name to truly be the next Linsanity.
- We give our thoughts on this year’s All-Star jerseys, which along with this year’s All-Star court, are now available in NBA 2K15.
- More users have been uploading their work for NBA 2K15 PC. Please keep it coming!
- The NBA All-Star starters and reserves have now been announced. Who are the biggest snubs?
- We celebrate the fact that the traditional dunk contest is back. Now, about those props…
- Will we see some records broken by this year’s field of three-point shootout contestants?
- We’re coming around to the USA vs. The World format for the Rising Stars Challenge.
- The Atlanta Hawks continue to pick up Ws, on the court and in their Twitter name. The Cleveland Cavaliers are also on a roll.
- We wrap up Episode #108 with a few other stories from around the league, including the up and down play of the Chicago Bulls, the Miami Heat’s fortunes, Kobe Bryant’s surgery, and NBA team Twitter wars.
Click Play to listen to the show!
Our community has some new releases for NBA 2K14 PC for you this weekend, including jerseys and international courts. Check them all out at the links below!
A new roster has come through for NBA Live 15, featuring updated ratings, line-ups, and transactions accurate as of January 29th, 2015. At a glance, it appears as though all recent transactions are accounted for, except for a couple of players on ten day contracts who have yet to play a game for their teams.
The latest roster features close to 4000 ratings updates, for 440 players. It also includes new alternate jerseys for the Chicago Bulls and Brooklyn Nets. You can check out some screenshots of the jerseys below.
Welcome to this week’s edition of The Friday Five! This is a feature that I post every Friday in which I give my thoughts on a topic that’s related to basketball video games, the real NBA or another area of interest to our community, either as a list of five items or in the form of a Top 5 countdown.
It’s been one of those weeks. Sometimes, I know exactly what I want to write about in the Friday Five. Other times, Friday rolls around and I’m scrambling for a topic as the deadline approaches. I mentioned my writer’s block to Arcane, and he suggested that I talk about what I’m looking forward to at the 2015 All-Star Weekend in New York. With the announcement of the All-Star starters and reserves, and the various All-Star Saturday Night participants, it does seem like a good time to talk about just that.
Truth be told, I am definitely looking forward to the 2015 All-Star Weekend. Some years are better than others, but I generally always enjoy the NBA’s midseason classic. I have a feeling that this could be one of the better All-Star Weekends, and not just because we’ve managed to avoid sleeves on the All-Star jerseys. Without any further ado, here are five reasons why I’m looking forward to All-Star Weekend 2015.
Walt Frazier and Dikembe Mutombo are the latest Legends to be added to Ultimate Team in NBA Live 15. They will be available in packs this weekend, and can currently be faced in a Fantasy Challenge that will be available until February 4th.
WALT “CLYDE” FRAZIER, NEW YORK KNICKS G
The seven-time NBA All-Star won a pair of championships with the New York Knicks, and averaged nearly 19 PPG in his storied career.
DIKEMBE MUTOMBO, NUGGETS/HAWKS/76ERS/NETS/KNICKS/ROCKETS C
Mutombo was one of the game’s all-time great shot blockers, and won Defensive Player of the Year a whopping four times.
A Kyrie Irving Spotlight of the Night card is also available for a limited time, following his 55 point performance against the Portland Trail Blazers yesterday. His overall rating is 92 (compared to 88 in the current roster), with boosts to his three point shooting, midrange shooting, passing, and dunking.
As always, feel free to join in the discussion of Ultimate Team that’s taking place here in the NBA Live 15 section of the Forum.
This week’s featured players in NBA Live 15 Ultimate Team are Klay Thompson and Hassan Whiteside, both of whom have turned in impressive performances as of late.
Thompson is averaging 25.4 ppg on the season while shooting 45.6% from beyond the arc. On January 23rd against the Sacramento Kings, he scored a career high 52 points on 16/25 shooting, setting a new NBA record with 37 points in the third quarter. Interestingly, the three point rating of 96 and overall rating of 85 on Thompson’s featured player card are lower than his current ratings in the latest NBA Live 15 roster (97 and 86 respectively).
As I mentioned yesterday, Hassan Whiteside’s recent emergence has been garnering him some attention, as well as some consistent boosts in NBA 2K’s rosters, reaching 77 overall following his triple double against the Chicago Bulls last Sunday. The most recent roster update for NBA Live 15 bumped him up three points to 71 overall, while his featured player card in Ultimate Team boosts him up to a 75, with some solid rebounding and defensive ratings.
Feel free to add your thoughts in the comments below, as well as join in the Ultimate Team discussion taking place here in the NBA Live 15 section of the Forum!
EA has released some telemetry data on gamer engagement and habits from October to December last year. The infographic includes the Top 5 Most Played Teams in NBA Live 15, which are as follows:
- Cleveland Cavaliers
- Golden State Warriors
- Chicago Bulls
- Houston Rockets
- Oklahoma City Thunder
Given the strength and/or enduring popularity of those teams, the results shouldn’t be too surprising. It’s also clear that gamers follow LeBron James, as the Miami Heat have previously been one of the more popular teams to use in basketball video games.
You can check out the NBA Live 15 infographic below, and as always, feel free to join in the discussion of NBA Live 15 here in the NLSC Forum.