The NBA 2K16 Road To The Finals Pro-Am tournament is tipping off today, beginning with some pre-season play. This preliminary stage will determine which squads qualify for the tournament, and a shot at the grand prize. Details on how the pre-season works are as follows:
- Play as many games as you like during the event.
- Earn points for each win based on score, teammate grade and game stats.
- Your combined point total of your top four wins will be used to determine your ranking.
- The top team from each event will earn a slot in the Road to the Finals tournament.
- Team forfeits will disqualify you from further play.
In addition to winning a trip to the 2016 NBA Finals, 2K Sports has confirmed that the “big cash prize” that was previously mentioned is actually $250,000.
Big News: We were just approved for a big cash prize of $250,000 for the winner of the #NBA2K16 Road to Finals! More news coming this week.
— NBA 2K 2K18 (@NBA2K) January 27, 2016
In anticipation of the tournament tipping off, the fifth patch was recently pushed through for NBA 2K16. It addresses some stability issues, and includes a fix for a gameplay quirk that potentially could’ve been used as an exploit in the tournament.
Will you be taking part in the NBA 2K16 Road To The Finals Tournament? Sound off in the comments below, and join in the discussion in the NBA 2K16 section of the NLSC Forum! For more information on the tournament, check out the game’s official Facebook and Twitter pages.