We have a couple of new file additions for NBA 2K14 PC today: a fictional jersey pack for the Portland Trail Blazers, and retro September 11 Court Ribbons, as seen on NBA courts during the 2001/2002 season. Check them out at the links below!
PlayStation Plus subscribers can pick up the PlayStation 4 version of NBA 2K16 as part of their Instant Game Collection in June.Check it out!
In this week’s Monday Tip-Off, Andrew discusses the fascination with basketball video game cover players, as we await the cover announcement for NBA 2K17.Check it out!
In this week’s Friday Five, Andrew discusses five ways that we mess things up for ourselves when playing franchise modes in NBA Live and NBA 2K.Check it out!
You may recall the NBA Street Vol. 2 HD Remake Project that JaoSming and Mazzocchi were working on a few months back, which sought to update the Gamecube version of NBA Street Vol. 2 as of the current season. Recently, johnz1 has created a further update for the project, which is now available to download. Check it out at the link below!
JaoSming, Mazzocchi, johnz1
NBA Street Vol. 2 HDR Update (’13-’14) V2
Due to dumb excuses (watching Super Mario World speedruns instead of writing papers), I was unable to make time to write my weekly articles. I was thinking of doing a late release but no.
Since I did spend too much time watching speedruns (thank you for the introduction SGDQ), I will drop off one of the Dumb Facts I never got to. Super Mario, Luigi, and Princess Peach were in NBA Street V3 for GameCube. Seriously, that a pretty sweet cameo for the NBA Street series.
Other than that, I don’t have much for you all this week. As we’ve said in the podcast, things have been expectedly quiet and the topics to write about have been lacking. So maybe I will change things up a bit for The Tuesday Triple for the summer since my attempt to overthrow the king that is The Friday Five has failed. Enjoy your week!
Welcome to the seventeenth installment of the NLSC Top 10 Plays of the Week! This is a weekly feature in which we invite the community to submit their best highlight videos from NBA Live and NBA 2K, for a chance to have them featured in a Top 10 countdown compiled by Lean.
As usual, you can expect to see a variety of ankle breaking moves, great defensive plays, vicious dunks, and spectacular alley-oops. With the recent updates to the Ultimate Base Roster for NBA 2K14 PC, you’ll also see rookies like Andrew Wiggins in action, and the Charlotte Hornets sporting their new jerseys. Check out the latest Top 10 below, or watch it here on YouTube if you can’t see the embedded video.
For your chance to be featured in future installments of the NLSC Top 10 Plays of the Week, please see this thread for more information and start posting your videos ASAP!
Concluding our weekend of file additions for the PC versions of NBA Live, ModManZZZ has released a pack of female body models for NBA Live 2004. It’s definitely one of the more innovative updates for the old games in a while, so check it out at the link below!
The team at revolution.lt have released updated rosters for NBA Live 2005, which you can pick up at the link below! Please note that this is not my release and I am not currently making any roster updates, so if you have any issues with them, be sure to contact the guys at revolution.lt, not me.
2014 July 1 Rosters [by rev]
Today’s file additions for NBA Live 06 PC feature the latest jersey updates from Kelly_E, including the new jerseys for the Charlotte Hornets. Check them all out at the links below!
Kelly_E & Looyh
Charlotte Hornets Jersey Patch
The offseason updates continue for the Ultimate Base Roster for NBA 2K14 PC, as HAWK23 and company have released a new version with updated rosters and new art. Key features of the latest release (V16) are as follows:
- Added updated version of the Ultimate Base Roster & UBR Association Files with current transactions (7/4/14)
- Added a UBR Assoc Post Draft roster with team transactions reflecting post-draft (6/30/14)
- Added a UBR Assoc July 1st FA roster with team transactions reflecting the start of free agency (7/1/14)
- Added/updated all coaches (Blatt/Kerr/Snyder/Fisher/Kidd/Hollins etc)
- Added portraits for new coaches/players (Rudez/Whittington/Cotton/Blatt/Kerr/Snyder/Fisher etc)
- Added some retro cyberface tweaks/improvements (courtesy Dee4Three & Razor)
- All players (including rookies were given correct salary/contract information)
- Rolled the Association Calendar forward 1 year (year 1 now starts 2014-2015)
- Added real 2014 Team Stats from this past year
- Added V1 of the 1966 Mod (Courtesy Reddwarf)
- Rosters accurate as of 7/4/2014
Welcome to this week’s edition of The Friday Five! This is a feature that I post every Friday in which I give my thoughts on a topic that’s related to basketball video games, the real NBA or another area of interest to our community, either as a list of five items or in the form of a Top 5 countdown.
As we all know, while some teams that look great on paper do indeed go on to win a lot of games and even championships, plenty of others do not live up to their potential and find themselves broken up sooner rather than later. Regardless of how they fare in the real world, teams that are stacked with talent usually become powerhouses and fun squads to play with in basketball video games.
In fact, some stacked teams can even look like they were put together in a video game. With rosters so deep, assembled with moves so shrewd, it’s as though a gamer has taken advantage of the CPU many times over. In this week’s Friday Five, I’m taking a look at five teams that were seemingly built for the enjoyment of basketball gamers, while reflecting upon how they fared in reality.
Today’s file additions for NBA 2K14 include releases for both the PC and Xbox 360 version of the game. On PC, we’ve got new Hornets jerseys, retro Blazers jerseys, and a couple of faces. For 360, we have a Summer Jordan League mod. Check them all out at the links below!
Spencer Dinwiddie HD Face
Summer Jordan League
Join Arcane, JaoSming and myself for another installment of the NLSC Podcast! In Episode #85, we discuss the lack of NBA Live 15 and NBA 2K15 news, some false information that’s making the rounds, and the beginning of the 2014 NBA free agent frenzy.
- No NBA Live 15 or NBA 2K15 news this week, but we reflect on the letdown that was last week’s NBA 2K15 hashtag campaign.
- For all the retro gamers in the audience, a new update has been released for NBA Live 96 on Genesis. We’re impressed with the amount of work that’s gone into it.
- JaoSming outlines his plans for a new series on his YouTube channel this Summer, featuring NBA 2K14 PC. He promises not to mislabel it for additional views.
- Do we anticipate playing much of NBA Live 14 and NBA 2K14 during the offseason?
- Speaking of NBA Live 14, the winners of our giveaway have been selected.
- In light of recent comments by Peter Moore, we revisit the dreaded business models of “free to play” and “free to wait”.
- We give our reactions to the 2014 NBA Draft. Not surprisingly, one of us had a prediction that was way off.
- The Chicago Bulls have made a strong pitch to Carmelo Anthony, but will he end up in the Windy City? We ponder that question, and discuss some deals that have already been agreed to.
- While discussing Jason Kidd’s jump from the Brooklyn Nets to the Milwaukee Bucks, a new euphemism is coined.
- We wrap up the episode with an entertaining Tweet from Muggsy Bogues.
Click Play to listen to the show!
As always, we welcome your thoughts on this week’s show, as well as any of the topics that we discussed. Have your say in the comments below, or here in the Forum! Mailbag submissions and topic suggestions are also welcome, so feel free to hit us up in this thread.
The winners of our NBA Live 14 giveaway have been selected! Congratulations to hiteshom and chaotic0589, who will be receiving a copy of NBA Live 14 on PlayStation 4 and Xbox One respectively. A big thank you once again to everyone who entered the giveaway; it was definitely tough picking just two winners, and I certainly enjoyed reading about everyone’s favourite experiences with the NBA Live series over the years.
We’ll be looking to hold more giveaways in the future, probably around the time that NBA Live 15 and NBA 2K15 come out, so stay tuned for more chances to win free stuff!
Here are the latest file additions for NBA 2K14 PC. Our own JaoSming has released a couple of courts and a global update, and we also have an assortment of player faces from some other talented modders in our community. Pick them all up at the links below!
Kyrie Irving Face
29 Fictional Faces
This is The Tuesday Triple, where I attempt to break down random topics into three points, and maybe an “and one” if I need it. Similar to the established Friday Five by Andrew, the topics will be related to basketball video games and their communities as a whole.
We are about seven months into the latest generation of PlayStation and Xbox consoles. This also means that we have experienced about seven months of next-generation NBA basketball games with NBA 2K14 and NBA Live 14. Both games have had a pretty interesting year, from fantasy team modes that make you want to open your wallet again, to online issues and unmet potentials from both games. Still, I would say that both games started the latest generation of basketball videogames on a mostly positive note, it’s just too bad that both games suck now. Hit Read More to find out why.