Patch 1.08 has been pushed through for the PlayStation 4 and Xbox One versions of NBA 2K17. As always, the update should download automatically as long as your console is connected to the Internet. Note that the PS4 version has also received a Patch 1.09 shortly after Patch 1.08, but according to LD2K, it’s basically the same update. As far as I can tell, the PC version hasn’t received the latest patch – it hasn’t come through for me after a couple of restarts of Steam, at any rate – but it should be coming through fairly soon.
The notes for Patch 1.08/1.09 are as follows:
- Fixed an issue that would cause some users to sit on the team logo screen during startup for an extended period of time.
- Corrected a case where users were able to upgrade their MyPLAYER outside of the constraints of their selected archetype.
- Fixed an issue that was preventing offensive strategies from running properly during gameplay.
- Difficulty level for MyTEAM Play With Friends games has been changed to All-Star.
- Fixed a case where some Grand Badges were incorrectly negating the effectiveness of other Grand Badges they should not have.
- Addressed a hang that could occur during a Park After Dark event when leaving and re-entering the event.
- Fixed a case where certain users would not appear in a MyCOURT owner’s “In MyCOURT” list, making it impossible for the court owner to kick them from the court.
- In MyPARK, users will now have the default camera settings for their chosen camera angle, and will still be able to select the camera of their choosing.
- MyPLAYERs are now able to attain an overall rating of 99.
NOTE: All patch fixes will work in your existing game mode saves unless noted otherwise.
Thoughts on the patch notes and impressions of NBA 2K17 post-patch are of course welcome in the comments section below, as well as in this thread in the NLSC Forum. A history of NBA 2K17 title updates can also be found here in our Wiki.