Following the release of the “Ball Without Limits” trailer, additional details on NBA 2K Playgrounds 2 have been revealed. Brian Mazique has rounded up that information, and posted it over on Forbes. As mentioned in our previous bulletin, the game will be released October 16th for PC, PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and Switch, but here are some other key points of interest:
- The game will cost $29.99 USD.
- Julius Erving, Kevin Garnett, Karl-Anthony Towns, and Jayson Tatum are the cover players.
- More than 300 players will be available at launch, including Michael Jordan, Kobe Bryant, and Kareem Abdul-Jabbar.
- An additional 200 players will be added post-launch.
- Ten new playgrounds have been added, among them Washington D.C., St. Louis, Seoul, and Australia. New courts will also be added post-launch.
- Single player, local multiplayer, and online play are all supported.
- Playgrounds Championship is a worldwide ranked league with solo and co-op ladders. Season is the equivalent offline mode.
- Four player online co-op, Three-Point Shootouts, and co-op games against the AI are also available.
- There are more than 100 signature moves, including Michael Jordan’s free throw line dunk and George Gervin’s finger roll.
- NBA 2K Playgrounds 2 features an expanded soundtrack, with artists such as Run The Jewels, Oddisee and DJ Premier.
As always, feel free to share your thoughts on how NBA 2K Playgrounds 2 is shaping up in the comments section below. You can also join in the conversation here in the NLSC Forum.