Basketball Classics v1.1.0 is now available on Steam! If you already own the game, the update will come through automatically. If it doesn’t, try restarting your Steam client.
The new version includes a variety of AI fixes and enhancements, as well as tuned difficulty and the addition of standings in Season mode. The full patch notes are as follows:
- CPU play calling – this is a big one. The CPU now calls and enacts plays, making single-player matches much more interesting with the varied offensive strategies you’ll have to defend against. Also works well as a training tool to teach new players how to use the different plays and when they might be effective.
- CPU timeouts – cpu teams now have the wits to call timeouts appropriately, freezing the clock and moving them downcourt as they attempt to pull off clutch wins.
- AI improvements – ranging from learning when to call timeouts and/or plays to being smarter about steal attempts, more accurately chasing the ball handler when attempting a steal, etc.
- Increased difficulty – along with AI improvements and enhanced cpu abilities come difficulty enhancements that allow for longer replayability, especially at higher difficulty settings. Find techniques to beat the harder teams. Looking for a serious challenge? Season Mode on Legend is your jam.
- Balancing – formula tweaks across the board to ensure things happen when you expect them to happen, nothing feels cheap, things just feel right. Feel, feel, feel.
- Season standings – as requested by several users. Want to see how your team stacks up against the competition at any point in a season? Go into the League Leaders and change the VIEW selector to STANDINGS.
Feel free to share your thoughts on Basketball Classics v1.1.0 in the comments below, or here in the Forum. For more insights into the creation of the game, check out our interview with Josh and Dave in Episode #306 of the NLSC Podcast!