Leftos returns to make it a trio once more as we talk about the latest news and events in the basketball gaming community in Episode #31 of the NLSC Podcast. Join us this week as we recap a few news and notes from the community, talk about the 2013 Conference Finals and offer more thoughts on the next generation of consoles. On tap this week:
- Leftos is back, as not even wild sandstorms can suppress his passion for his digital broadcasting duties!
- We remind everyone to show off their creativity by creating some custom NBA Live 14 covers, thanks to hiteshom’s template. The possibility of Kyrie Irving being the NBA Live 14 cover player is also discussed.
- Some fun ideas for upcoming podcasts are brought up, as we invite the community to let us know if they’re interested.
- Taking a look at the latest news and releases from our modding community, we recognise some big releases while once again bringing up the idea of an open source approach.
- TGsoGood’s work adding female players and WNBA jerseys to NBA 2K13 leads to a discussion about video games based on women’s sports.
- This week’s NBA discussion focuses on the Conference Finals. The Grizzlies are out, the Spurs are in the Finals and the Heat and Pacers are still battling it out.
- How do we see the Eastern Conference Finals and potential NBA Finals matchups playing out?
- At the risk of sounding unoriginal, we don’t care for the job the referees are doing, or the way certain players are flopping.
- The discussion moves to the latest news and info surrounding the next gen consoles. Leftos offers his reactions to the announcement of the Xbox One.
- We close with some additional NBA Live and NBA 2K news.
Click Play to listen to the show!
As always, we invite your feedback on this week’s episode in the comments below, as well as in this thread. We’re also interested to hear whether you like some of the ideas we threw out for some of our upcoming episodes, so let us know what you think.