It’s our biggest panel in our biggest podcast to date, as six of us get together with a special guest for an in-depth discussion on basketball video games. Join Leftos, Arcane, JaoSming, Pdub, Qballer and myself as we’re joined by special guest Da_Czar in Episode #29 of the NLSC Podcast! On the show this week:
- We welcome a couple of people back to the Podcast and keep our fingers crossed that everything will work out fine with a larger panel.
- Before we get to the main topic of discussion, we run down a few noteworthy news items, beginning with an exciting new discovery in court modding for NBA 2K.
- Also in the news this week: NBA Live 14 has unofficially been announced, the Kings are staying put and 2K are seeking playtesters in the Bay Area.
- With the news out of the way, we launch into our main discussion: realism in basketball video games compared to what we see on TV.
- We’re joined by Da_Czar, President of the Sim Nation, who certainly has a few thoughts on the matter at hand.
- Following a discussion on what constitutes cheese, Czar makes a believer out of arcade enthusiast JaoSming.
- After tossing around ideas for how basketball games can become more realistic, we reflect on the current product and speculate on what the near future holds.
Click Play to listen to the show!
Download or play on your mobile device/tablet: CLICK HERE (Running time: 3:11:15 — 95.1MB)
Subscribe: Apple Podcasts | Android | Google Podcasts | Stitcher | Spotify
We hope you enjoy listening to this week’s episode as much as we enjoyed recording it; as always, feel free to give us your thoughts on the show and everything we discussed in the comments below, as well as in this thread. A huge thanks once again to Da_Czar for joining us, don’t forget to check out SimNation Radio every Friday, follow Czar on Twitter @Da_Czar and read more of his insights on the Sim Citi blog. Also be sure to check out our interview with Czar here.