It’s that time of the week again, as Arcane and I are coming at you with Episode #132 of the NLSC Podcast! We’ve got a lot to talk about this week including NBA Live 16 sales and the future of the NBA Live series, some exciting news for the NBA 2K16 modding community, opening night of the 2016 NBA season, and more.
On this week’s show…
- NBA Live 16’s sales figures have been underwhelming. We discuss the reaction to the game so far, and the low number of sales following the optimism of the preview season.
- What must EA Sports do with NBA Live 17 for the game to show sufficient improvement, and move the needle in sales?
- We talk about a couple of things that were left on the cutting room floor for NBA Live 16. We also note the lack of an opening night roster update, and the presence of one for NBA 2K16.
- There’s been another exciting development with NBA 2K16 modding, which we’re looking forward to seeing come to fruition. Hopefully, modding is even easier in NBA 2K17.
- We pay our respects to the late Flip Saunders, who sadly lost his battle with Hodgkin’s lymphoma.
- The 2016 NBA season is underway, and it’s about time, too. We give our thoughts on the action from opening night.
- Tristan Thompson has finally signed an extension with the Cleveland Cavaliers. Did they overpay for him?
- We wrap up Episode #132 of the NLSC Podcast with a discussion of Nike’s fancy new shoe. It’s no hoverboard, but it’s still sufficiently futuristic for 2015!
Click Play to listen to the show!
Have some thoughts on the latest episode? Sound off in the comments below, or here in the Forum. Also, if there’s a topic you’d like us to discuss on the next episode of the NLSC Podcast, feel free to hit us up in this thread.