Episode #223 of the NLSC Podcast is out now! Join Arcane, Kenny, and myself as we offer up further impressions on NBA Live 18 and NBA 2K18, discuss some recent controversies, and comment on the Carmelo Anthony trade.
On this week’s show…
- Following on from our initial positive impressions, we continue to enjoy our experiences in NBA Live 18. There is still room for improvement however, and we’ve identified some issues that we definitely hope can be patched.
- We’re glad to see the new Nike Statement jerseys added to NBA Live 18, but the latest roster update leaves something to be desired. Hopefully, post-release support will be on point this year, once the season begins.
- Moving on to NBA 2K18, while we’re still liking the 5v5 gameplay and looking forward to MyLEAGUE, we’ve really soured on MyCAREER. 2K Pro-Am meanwhile proved to be a disaster last week, which is a shame given how much we enjoyed the mode in NBA 2K17.
- A lot of users has been losing their MyPLAYERs in NBA 2K18, which has been a tremendous pain for anyone who happened to purchase VC to upgrade them. A nasty bug has also caused problems with pre-order bonuses disappearing when creating new MyPLAYERs.
- Although NBA 2K18 has been receiving high scores from several publications as usual, some reviewers – and a lot of gamers – aren’t so enthusiastic. One review in particular has attracted controversy.
- We wrap up Episode #223 of the NLSC Podcast with a few thoughts on the trade that sent Carmelo Anthony to the Oklahoma City Thunder. Is Melo a little underrated?
Click Play to listen to the show!
Have some thoughts on the latest episode? Sound off in the comments below, or here in the Forum. Also, if there’s a topic you’d like us to discuss on the next episode of the NLSC Podcast, feel free to hit us up in this thread.