Official NBA Live 10 Impressions Thread

Talk about NBA Live 10 here.

Re: Official NBA Live 10 Impressions Thread

Postby Andrew on Sat Oct 17, 2009 8:59 am

There are some weird issues with lighting, but on the whole I wouldn't say the graphics of NBA Live 10 are horrible. However, as always I have to offer up the disclaimer than I am not the harshest critic when it comes to graphics. I do think that the final version is more impressive than the demo, the return to a single shot button is something I got used to fairly quickly as well.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby Kenny on Sat Oct 17, 2009 12:40 pm

It annoys me how the computer has a freakish ability of getting to loose balls... and being blocked 3 times in a row in the paint by Rudy Gay seems a bit unrealistic, but I really like the game. Much better than 08 as far as game play... however, I think 06 is still my favourite
Kenny
Thon Maker's Biggest Fan.
NLSC Team Member

Postby kietsmark on Tue Oct 20, 2009 2:48 am

i am really amazed how the ps3 full version is! the only thing i noticed so far is the godlike mode of some superstars particularly kobe and Lebron playing offline at least. and the off-ball control can be easily abused online imho. nevertheless, 5 stars for EA nba live 10!
kietsmark

Postby Lamrock on Sat Oct 24, 2009 5:28 pm

With 2K10 being a fucking joke, I may have to rent this one. The total lack of features is tough to overlook though.
Lamrock

Postby Andrew on Tue Oct 27, 2009 8:22 am

As I've said before, I feel NBA Live 10 delivers an enjoyable experience from a gameplay perspective and with the fixes in the new update that experience should be further enhanced (I haven't given it a try as yet). The Dynasty Mode issues remain the biggest downer for me, I was hoping that they could be addressed this year but it'll probably have to wait for NBA Live 11. Hopefully Dynamic Season will prove to be a suitable alternative for those of us who get geeky about realistic stats and the like, though I'll miss not being able to make my own trades so I'll probably end up with a Dynasty on the side. I'll certainly give it a try.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby Blacksmurf313 on Tue Oct 27, 2009 1:19 pm

Hey NbA LIVE 2010 is Back.................Im talking I have been playing this game for about 16 hours straight. If its in the game, believe me it's in NBA live.
I been playing some of my buddies online and xbox live is awesome. Im talking no lag whatever. This game is so fun and a true sim. It runs smooth, I can't believe that Im playing it on the xbox 360. Im sitting here typing this and while listending to espn sports update on NBA Live 2010.........

Comparion Nba Live to Nba 2k----I'll take Live because of the online capabilities....2k online is very laggy. However what a great year for basket games. This is going to be a very fun year.........
phpBB [video]
Blacksmurf313

Postby mp3 on Wed Oct 28, 2009 11:58 am

Wow !

Never thought id be saying this about nba Live ever again but they really stepped up there game this year. Ok its not perfect and ive seen lots of bugs today that have being mentioned on this forum but still...

After buying nba live since 95 i gave up on it in 2008 and switched to 2k which is still the game to beat imo but ive being playing 2k10 since the release date and with all the bugs and all it still feels like the same game as last year with the addition of "My Player"

One this i really like about live this year is the play calling and the way the AI players work off the ball and setting screens to get open, its nice to see a set play run smoothly and the guy who is supposed to get the ball GETS it without his defender running straight through defenders to close out.

Quick question tho is it not possible to view boxscores from the other games played in Dynasty mode? other than you own ?
Youtube - mp3 Basketball Gaming
mp3

Postby Andrew on Wed Oct 28, 2009 11:35 pm

I think we can still cycle through other team's boxscores in Dynasty Mode, though I could be wrong.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby bulls90s on Fri Oct 30, 2009 10:38 am

I can only view my team's box score in Dynasty mode.
bulls90s

Postby batman3 on Fri Jan 15, 2010 11:14 am

How come whenever i get brutally fouled i get no call the most times i went to the free throw line was 3 times
batman3

Postby Andrew on Fri Jan 15, 2010 12:00 pm

Foul calls do seem to be especially generous in favour of the CPU this year, more so following the patch in my opinion.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby batman3 on Sat Jan 16, 2010 7:54 am

so theres nothing i can do to fix it
batman3

Postby Andrew on Sat Jan 16, 2010 8:27 am

Not really. Raising the foul sliders will get you some more free throws, but of course it will also increase the CPU's chances of getting to the line too.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby batman3 on Sat Jan 16, 2010 10:01 am

alright thx
batman3

Postby Lamrock on Sun Mar 21, 2010 12:34 pm

Finally got around to renting this and its frustrating. As a whole, I think the gameplay is superior to 2K10's. Its more realistic, deeper (strategy is not limited to taking it in every time) and overall more fun to play. That makes it such a shame that you can't update your rosters without dynamic DNA, the sim stats are fucked and the graphics are terrible. If they only had the graphics and sim engine from 09, I would consider converting. Unfortunately, despite the slightly better gameplay, the lack of polish in Live '10 prevents me from playing it. Such a shame.
Lamrock

Postby Andrew on Sun Mar 21, 2010 7:30 pm

I guess I'm not as harsh a critic when it comes to graphics, but I don't see what's so terrible about them. The Dynasty issues definitely kill the offline replay value though.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby Phil89 on Sun Mar 21, 2010 8:51 pm

I don't see anything wrong with the graphics either, but then again it's the first NBA game I've played since Live 99. So anything would look good to me :mrgreen:
You can update the rosters by hand. That's what I did. Default rosters to trade deadline squads in about an hour.
My Stories
LIVE 10 - Thunder I, Thunder II
2K13 - Wizards / 2K15 - Sixers / 2K16 - Sixers / 2K17 - Suns / 2K19 - Thunder
Phil89

Postby |)e8* on Mon Mar 22, 2010 1:03 pm

Well, the first match I played, I noticed that players are making VERY tough shots easily, and keep missing easy buckets! And in Dynasty, sometimes the sim scores are like 143-135 and some are like 55-66
Thank you maksie for this kick-ass sig
|)e8*

Postby Andrew on Mon Mar 22, 2010 5:49 pm

Are you playing with the official updates? I still feel the tough shot/easy shot issues were exacerbated by the updates, the sim engine unfortunately needs a lot of work as well.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby |)e8* on Mon Mar 22, 2010 6:19 pm

I think so, I just bought the game not too long ago and when I started it , it was downloading something and it installed it
Thank you maksie for this kick-ass sig
|)e8*

Postby Andrew on Tue Mar 23, 2010 8:24 am

Then you're definitely playing the patched game.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby Axel The Great on Tue Mar 23, 2010 1:31 pm

Phil89 wrote:You can update the rosters by hand. That's what I did. Default rosters to trade deadline squads in about an hour.

The down side to this is that you don't have rookies like Sundiata Gaines or Garrett Temple in the game.
Axel The Great
Visible Confusion

Postby Lamrock on Tue Mar 23, 2010 2:01 pm

I noticed the shot issues too. LaMarcus Aldridge's mid-range jumper is absolutely unstoppable (went 14-15 with him in an online match. Dwyane Wade's 2K8 fadeaway revisited) while I had less than a quarter of my points in the paint. Its a breath of fresh air from 2K10, where 90% of offensive possessions are driving to the hoop, but it could use some work.

The graphics overall are a huge step down from even Live 08. I really don't know what they were thinking with the cartoonish character faces and overuse of lighting (reminds of of some later PS1 games). The cartoonish looks of guys like Pau and Oden among many others is fairly distracting. Not a deal-breaker, but considering how realistic 2k10 looks (I've had several people ask if there was a real game happening), this just makes me feel like I'm playing a Wii game or something.

Couldn't be bothered to update the rosters myself. Its time consuming, and the player ratings are off. With the excessive (and ineffective) amount of ratings to tweak, its just not worth the time. The fact that you can't edit/download draft classes is another major knock on Live.

If they can add change-able draft classes, a 2k Share type system accessible to all, bring back the 06-09 graphics and hammer out the kinks in the gameplay, I'll likely be converting back to Live, considering 2K's rapid decline in the past two years,
Lamrock

Postby Andrew on Tue Mar 23, 2010 3:44 pm

Cartoonish faces? I'm afraid I have to disagree there but then again I feel that cartoonish is an overused word when describing sports games graphics. 2K10 has some faces that aren't quite right either, Operation Sports did a pretty good comparison when the games came out. For the most part I don't have too many problems with the lighting but there are some weird effects with the lighting when using the free cam in Instant Replay.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby Phil89 on Tue Mar 23, 2010 4:12 pm

axelgomez13 wrote:
Phil89 wrote:You can update the rosters by hand. That's what I did. Default rosters to trade deadline squads in about an hour.

The down side to this is that you don't have rookies like Sundiata Gaines or Garrett Temple in the game.

If you want them in the game so bad you can always add them using the create a player feature. Most rookies are kind of generic looking anyway.

And on the graphics, when I first got the game and played it on my the our big TV, everyone thought I was watching a real game. :wink:
My Stories
LIVE 10 - Thunder I, Thunder II
2K13 - Wizards / 2K15 - Sixers / 2K16 - Sixers / 2K17 - Suns / 2K19 - Thunder
Phil89

PreviousNext

Return to NBA Live 10