Windows 10 thinks REDitor is a virus

A hub for everything related to NBA 2K10 modding. Releases, previews, requests, and other modding discussion belongs here.

Windows 10 thinks REDitor is a virus

Postby jlnhlfan on Mon Jul 20, 2020 3:24 pm

Please move this if it doesn't belong.

So, I wanted to modify NBA 2K10's databases and graphics, but the database editor is REDitor, which Windows 10 assumes is a virus, and there's nothing I can do about it. I double clicked on it, and the program doesn't launch because it supposedly contains a virus. What am I supposed to do now?
This topic was moved from Featured Content & Community Noticeboard by Andrew on Mon Jul 20, 2020 3:51 pm.
jlnhlfan

Re: Windows 10 thinks REDitor is a virus

Postby Dee4Three on Mon Jul 20, 2020 3:49 pm

jlnhlfan wrote:Please move this if it doesn't belong.

So, I wanted to modify NBA 2K10's databases and graphics, but the database editor is REDitor, which Windows 10 assumes is a virus, and there's nothing I can do about it. I double clicked on it, and the program doesn't launch because it supposedly contains a virus. What am I supposed to do now?

If you are using Nortom, make the Reditor files "trusted". Before installing reditor, make sure your anti-virus is turned off, followed by making the .dll files for Reditor, and the program itself trusted (basically any files that allow you to do so)

It's a false positive, you dont get a virus when downloading reditor.
"I don't know if I practiced more than anybody, but I sure practiced enough. I still wonder if somebody - somewhere - was practicing more than me." - Larry Bird

Check out my YouTube channel

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCvHJXrqit8Dc6HBY5P6EmAA

Follow me on Twitter

https://twitter.com/Dee4Three84
Dee4Three
NLSC Team Member
NLSC Team Member

Postby jlnhlfan on Tue Jul 21, 2020 3:10 am

Here’s the funny thing: I don’t use an antivirus software. But I do have CCleaner.
jlnhlfan

Postby Andrew on Tue Jul 21, 2020 1:21 pm

The in-built security in Windows 10 and various browsers may also flag it with a false positive.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby jlnhlfan on Tue Jul 21, 2020 2:03 pm

I turned off Windows Defender because of how many times it has annoyed me. Chrome didn’t think there was anything wrong with the .7z file the setup program came with.
jlnhlfan

Return to NBA 2K10 Modding