Coming from Dom2k, i have a problem

Talk about NBA 2K11 here.

Coming from Dom2k, i have a problem

Postby yuhhh on Sun Mar 15, 2020 8:09 pm

I'm trying to get NBA2K11 in the US digitally anyway to do this?
yuhhh

Re: Coming from Dom2k, i have a problem

Postby Andrew on Sun Mar 15, 2020 9:38 pm

It's tough because it's no longer listed on Steam. It is possible to get to the Steam page through Google and if you do, you should still be able to buy it through the browser (note that it isn't any cheaper than it was years ago). No guarantees though, and it might indeed be easier to track down a physical copy on eBay or Amazon, but try googling "NBA 2K11 Steam Store" and see if it'll let you go through to the Steam page without redirecting. If it does and you're logged in and see a purchase button, I believe it'll still work.
Andrew
Retro Basketball Gamer
Administrator

Postby yuhhh on Mon Mar 16, 2020 5:50 am

Andrew wrote:It's tough because it's no longer listed on Steam. It is possible to get to the Steam page through Google and if you do, you should still be able to buy it through the browser (note that it isn't any cheaper than it was years ago). No guarantees though, and it might indeed be easier to track down a physical copy on eBay or Amazon, but try googling "NBA 2K11 Steam Store" and see if it'll let you go through to the Steam page without redirecting. If it does and you're logged in and see a purchase button, I believe it'll still work.

Hey Andrew thank you for responding, they have sadly taken the link to buy it on steam down, This sucks i wish they didn't take the old 2K games away but oh well. Im not really willing on buying a disc, but again thank you i wish i could play this great game with the NBA2K20 mod, oh well.
yuhhh

Postby Andrew on Mon Mar 16, 2020 1:36 pm

Just checked and I'm getting redirected as well. That's unfortunate, it was working as of about a year or so ago. Looks like the disc version is the only viable option now.
Andrew
Retro Basketball Gamer
Administrator

Postby MKHN15 on Wed Jul 01, 2020 10:56 am

The download they provided also came with the actual game .exe. I'm not sure if I just got an exploit but.
MKHN15

Postby Andrew on Wed Jul 01, 2020 1:57 pm

Yeah, it shouldn't have included that file.
Andrew
Retro Basketball Gamer
Administrator

Postby [Q] on Wed Jul 01, 2020 3:40 pm

yuhhh wrote:
Andrew wrote:It's tough because it's no longer listed on Steam. It is possible to get to the Steam page through Google and if you do, you should still be able to buy it through the browser (note that it isn't any cheaper than it was years ago). No guarantees though, and it might indeed be easier to track down a physical copy on eBay or Amazon, but try googling "NBA 2K11 Steam Store" and see if it'll let you go through to the Steam page without redirecting. If it does and you're logged in and see a purchase button, I believe it'll still work.

Hey Andrew thank you for responding, they have sadly taken the link to buy it on steam down, This sucks i wish they didn't take the old 2K games away but oh well. Im not really willing on buying a disc, but again thank you i wish i could play this great game with the NBA2K20 mod, oh well.

If it's a game I really want to play, I don't mind throwing down a couple extra dollars for a disc copy if I can't find it online. Literally just did that yesterday for a game made in 2000.

I guess I could ask around here if anyone's got an old copy they'll sell to you
[Q]
NBA Live 18 Advocate
NLSC Team Member

Return to NBA 2K11