2K11 Remastered v0.3 [RELEASED]

A hub for everything related to NBA 2K11 modding. Releases, previews, requests, and other modding discussion belongs here.

2K11 Remastered v0.3 [RELEASED]

Postby PeacemanNOT on Sun Aug 07, 2022 11:03 am

This project will attempt to remaster the default artwork of NBA 2K11, so that the game can be a little more enjoyable to play by today's standards.
Overall, the aim is to improve quality and fix inaccuracies, while remaining faithful to 2K Sports creation of textures, normalmaps, etc.

DOWNLOADS:

Update v0.2 to 0.3:

Below are download links for the optional files found in the main downloads. Use these in case you don't have them anymore, but don't want to download everything again:

CHANGELIST:
v0.3:
- Completed all remaining classic team stadiums/dornas/courts/uniforms, including the Jordan Challenge variants.
- Completed retro referee uniforms from 1985 to 1998, with additional variants for removing indicators beneath players or replays.
- Updated the "regular/athletic" jersey of the 2K12 converted classic models.
- Added an optional global file without the "unbuttoned coach/player suits".
- Added more cyberface updates by the users 'urh28', 'MGX', and 'MIR' for some existing classic team players.

v0.2:
- Completed uniforms, courts, stadiums, and logos for the Clippers, Grizzlies, Hornets, Jazz, Kings, Lakers, Magic, Mavericks, Nets, and Nuggets
- Completed retro uniforms and team file for the Clippers
- Completed court/stadium for the Practice Gym, Draft Combine (Attack Athletics), and NBA Summer League
- Completed uniforms for the 2010 Draft Combine
- Updated 2011 Heat Practice Home uniform, fixed number position of 2011 Heat Alternate, fixed name fonts of 2011 Celtics uniforms
- Updated and converted 2K12-2K14 cyberfaces of 50+ players/coaches for the completed 2011 teams
- Custom global with updated accessories, with tighter and unbuttoned coach/player suits
- Conference finals logos should now automatically show up on basket stanchions of the completed 2011 teams
- Higher resolution team logos are now being used within the menus
- Fixed normalmaps of all completed courts
- More logo updates within Custom Bootup Screen
- More texture/color fixes of logos embedded within files, such as:
- Removing 2K Sports Logos or replacing them with NBA Logos
- Updating all blue/red colors of NBA-related logos

v0.1:
- Completed uniforms, team files, courts, stadiums, and logos for the 76ers, Bobcats, Bucks, Bulls, Cavaliers, Celtics, Hawks, Heat, and Knicks
- Completed uniforms (with warmups), courts, and logos for all Classic Teams
- Alby's Realistic Roster v7 with filled out players for the classic teams, mostly with accurate cyberfaces, portraits, ratings, tendencies, and shoes
- Completed '85-'86 Boston Garden, '90-'91 Great Western Forum, '90-'92 Chicago Stadium with Regular/Jordan Challenge Versions
- Playoffs / Conference Finals / Finals versions of the completed 2011 team's courts/stadiums
- Upscaled NBA Ball
- Converted 2K12 Classic Uniform Models
- Retextured Referee Uniform
- Custom Bootup Screen with hex edited logos
- Texture/color fixes to logos embedded within files

NOTES:
- To use the 2K12 converted classic uniform models, change your 'Player' video settings to Medium.

- The 2K12 converted classic uniform models do not work with players who are assigned the "fat" body model (e.g Kevin Duckworth).

- Unfortunately, the unbuttoned suit jacket can be quite glitchy for certain coach animations. There just isn't enough vertices to work with to extend the shirt downwards, therefore the skeleton of the model sometimes forces it to clip through the jacket.

- The shoes for the "non-completed" 2011 teams are missing from the download, which means a lot of the players on the Roster are missing personal shoes. You could download the missing shoes from here, but I have made a lot of texture changes/fixes to the shoes of the completed 2011 teams. It's up to you whether or not to replace them:
https://www.nba-live.com/forums/viewtop ... 36&t=75887

VIDEOS:

Version 0.3:

phpBB [video]

phpBB [video]

phpBB [video]

phpBB [video]

phpBB [video]

Version 0.2:

phpBB [video]

phpBB [video]

phpBB [video]

phpBB [video]

phpBB [video]

phpBB [video]

CURRENT PLAN:

Uniforms:
    - Re-create and upscale every uniform/warmup texture
Courts:
Team Files:
    - Re-create and upscale every crowd/mop boy/cheerleader texture
    - Fix colours and inaccuracies of mascots textures
Stadiums:
    - Improve quality of textures where applicable without upscaling
    - Fix colours and inaccuracies of every basket/stanchion/score table/etc.
    - Replace 2K Sports or NBA 2K11 logos with the default sponsorships of the game (HP, Gatorade, NBA.com, etc.)

COMPLETED:

- 76ers
- Bobcats
- Bucks
- Bulls
- Cavaliers
- Celtics
- Clippers
- Grizzlies
- Hawks
- Heat
- Hornets
- Jazz
- Kings
- Knicks
- Lakers
- Magic
- Mavericks
- Nets
- Nuggets
- Classic Teams
- Miscellaneous

CREDITS:

Base Roster:
    - Albys (Realistic Roster v7)
Player Ratings/Tendencies/Signatures:
    - HAWK23 (2K12 Ultimate Base Roster)
    - iPrototype (2K11 1992 Season Mod)
    - StompTheCourt (2K11 1997 Season Mod)
    - RayRay_953 (Classic Team Players)
Cyberfaces:
    - ilyas
    - ily94
    - jaelove
    - Koresh
    - MGX
    - MIR
    - nosebleed_nZ
    - Pinoyako2k7
    - retroman
    - urh28
    - wody
    and Others
Shoes:
    - Autohao
    - IHS13
    - King12
    - MLLR
    - Tie-shen
    - Xiaoju
    - 鞋会
    - 鞋帮刘祎
    - 大星的围脖
    - 耳火人韦等
    and Others
Courts:
    - BPDHoplite (One-Court Texture Template)
    - Kodrinksy (Reference/Database)
Misc:
    - BBMYLove (Dwight Howard Adidas Arm Sleeves)
    - doseL (Accessory Textures)
    - MrXcitement96 (Missing Portraits)
    - Sith (NBA Ball Texture)
    - TwisT (Retro NBA Ball Texture)
Last edited by PeacemanNOT on Tue Aug 29, 2023 11:11 am, edited 35 times in total.
Donate if you'd like to:
Paypal - https://paypal.me/PeacemanNOT
PeacemanNOT
Useless Member
Contributor

Re: 2K11 Remastered [PREVIEWS]

Postby PeacemanNOT on Sun Aug 07, 2022 11:16 am

So I decided to start a 2K11 remastered project, and so far I have 3 teams fully completed. I've posted some albums above if you're interested in seeing some progress.
I don't know when this project will be finished, but 2K11 means a lot to me personally and is widely regarded as one of the best in the series, so I really want to do it.

Currently, all I plan to work on is team artwork and some miscellaneous things. That already makes the scope of the project pretty large, but if anyone was willing to help out with cyberfaces, portraits, or roster editing, it could be much bigger. If there are any suggestions for other things that could be updated, or if someone is interested in getting involved, let me know. (Y)
Donate if you'd like to:
PeacemanNOT
Useless Member
Contributor

Postby Andrew on Sun Aug 07, 2022 12:54 pm

Very cool idea!
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby Spree1985 on Mon Aug 08, 2022 10:14 pm

Amazing! Keep it up :applaud:
Spree1985

Postby RayRay_953 on Tue Aug 09, 2022 4:34 am

Interesting idea! 2K11 is still a game that holds up well but some of the game's artistic assets looked a bit off. Will you also make enhancements to the classic team's uniforms and courts? The old Boston Garden looked nothing like how it did in real life.
RayRay_953

Postby PeacemanNOT on Thu Aug 11, 2022 11:35 am

RayRay_953 wrote:Interesting idea! 2K11 is still a game that holds up well but some of the game's artistic assets looked a bit off. Will you also make enhancements to the classic team's uniforms and courts? The old Boston Garden looked nothing like how it did in real life.

Thank you, and yes I wanted to do the classic teams too. I haven't looked at editing stadium models yet, so I don't really know what's possible, but I definitely can do the uniforms/court for now.

I kind of wanted to avoid major stadium editing as it takes a lot of time, from my own experience at least, but we'll see.
Donate if you'd like to:
PeacemanNOT
Useless Member
Contributor

Re: 2K11 Remastered [Bucks - PREVIEWS]

Postby PeacemanNOT on Sun Aug 14, 2022 3:51 am

Finished the Bucks, check out some previews:

Uniform Previews
Team/Court/Stadium Previews

Something that I'm struggling with is manipulating the position of numbers/letters. I've tried hex editing certain things of which I think corresponds to their offsets, but nothing every changes in-game. It might be because I'm hex editing the static jerseys positions but I can't really tell.

Are there any tutorials or methods for this in future games like 2K14? I can't seem to find much unfortunately. Any response will be appreciated, thanks.
Donate if you'd like to:
PeacemanNOT
Useless Member
Contributor

Postby BPDHoplite on Sun Aug 14, 2022 12:19 pm

haha awesome

Irish people love some 2K11 it seems

Also numbers can't be edited from my experience with 2K11, 14, you just need to find a base uniform already in the game with similar positioning
Used to be called DaCrispy

YouTube - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCkG6-Q ... 6S0t9jikJQ
NCAA Bsketball 18 - viewtopic.php?f=153&t=104626
College Hoops 2K - viewtopic.php?f=136&t=106815
Update Mods for NBA 2K11 - viewtopic.php?f=136&t=105434
Updated G-League for 2K11 - viewtopic.php?f=136&t=106723
Discord - https://discord.gg/J6mFNkeFDd
BPDHoplite
Still the NLSCs resident Jimmermaniac
Contributor

Postby PeacemanNOT on Mon Aug 15, 2022 2:03 am

BPDHoplite wrote:haha awesome

Irish people love some 2K11 it seems

Also numbers can't be edited from my experience with 2K11, 14, you just need to find a base uniform already in the game with similar positioning

Yup, I saw you were running the 2K11 modding scene on here for a few years there :lol: Thanks for the court template btw

But I figured as much. Using base uniforms would be a lot easier if I could edit the number/letter spacings, but Vlads REDMC can't save 2K11 files. I've been looking at the 2K10 jersey editor and seeing what it does to files in hex when changing positions. Will post if I get any progress with that.
Donate if you'd like to:
PeacemanNOT
Useless Member
Contributor

Postby RMJH4 on Mon Aug 15, 2022 11:13 pm

As another Irish 2k11 fan, this looks fantastic, great idea man!! I cannot work out how to edit number/ letters either. I have kova's opening night roster though if it's something you want to add to it. Good luck!
RMJH4
Retro NBA Nut

Postby PeacemanNOT on Wed Aug 17, 2022 9:46 am

RMJH4 wrote:As another Irish 2k11 fan, this looks fantastic, great idea man!! I cannot work out how to edit number/ letters either. I have kova's opening night roster though if it's something you want to add to it. Good luck!

Thank you, and yeah I was thinking of using an already existing roster from back in the day, especially considering they would have played particular attention to the shoes/accessories players actually wore back then. I could at least suggest it to people, or try to build my stuff around a modified version of it. We'll see I guess, for now I'm just gonna work on artwork anyway.
Donate if you'd like to:
PeacemanNOT
Useless Member
Contributor

Postby MadbaLL on Thu Aug 18, 2022 4:25 pm

some excellent work here (Y)
MadbaLL

Re: 2K11 Remastered [Bulls - PREVIEWS]

Postby PeacemanNOT on Fri Aug 19, 2022 3:00 pm

Finished the Bulls. Probably one of the more important teams for the game:

Uniform Previews
Team/Court Previews

In regards to editing number/letter positions, I've kinda hit a dead end with it. It doesn't matter what kind of changes I make to the file responsible, even if you replace the entire hex with another file's hex, nothing changes.
It must be controlled by something else, but I can't figure out where exactly because the differences between uniform files is too high. Anyway, I think I'll just stick with the base uniform method :lol:
Donate if you'd like to:
PeacemanNOT
Useless Member
Contributor

Postby RayRay_953 on Mon Aug 22, 2022 7:43 am

PeacemanNOT wrote:Thank you, and yes I wanted to do the classic teams too. I haven't looked at editing stadium models yet, so I don't really know what's possible, but I definitely can do the uniforms/court for now.

I kind of wanted to avoid major stadium editing as it takes a lot of time, from my own experience at least, but we'll see.

Nice! I just saw your Bulls jerseys, and they turned out fantastic (I'm also a big fan of your jerseys from 2K17 and 2K19). These aren't in the original game, but do you also plan on making the alternate jerseys for the late '90s Bulls teams? I'd love to use their pinstripe and black uniforms. Also, it would be a cool novelty to see these obscure Blazers home jerseys worn in the early half of the '91-'92 season as a bonus addition.
RayRay_953

Postby PeacemanNOT on Tue Aug 23, 2022 7:24 am

RayRay_953 wrote:
PeacemanNOT wrote:Thank you, and yes I wanted to do the classic teams too. I haven't looked at editing stadium models yet, so I don't really know what's possible, but I definitely can do the uniforms/court for now.

Nice! I just saw your Bulls jerseys, and they turned out fantastic (I'm also a big fan of your jerseys from 2K17 and 2K19). These aren't in the original game, but do you also plan on making the alternate jerseys for the late '90s Bulls teams? I'd love to use their pinstripe and black uniforms. Also, it would be a cool novelty to see these obscure Blazers home jerseys worn in the early half of the '91-'92 season as a bonus addition.
[ Image ]
[ Image ]
[ Image ]

Yeah I could do those. Would be cool to replicate Jordans last game in MSG with the Bulls. The great thing about these uniforms is I already have a lot of stuff done from my previous edits, not as much with the game's retro uniforms though.

I was always fascinated about that Blazers uniform change. As far as I'm aware, they switched them up after the All-Star break. My guess was maybe the black was too hard to read on a TV? Regardless, I could do those too, I think I tried making some variation of them in the past.
Donate if you'd like to:
PeacemanNOT
Useless Member
Contributor

Postby robinchow on Fri Aug 26, 2022 7:20 am

What an awesome idea and great work!! I am also playing 2K11 now, after feeling disappointed by the recent 2k20-22 with a minimal update every generation since 2k19.

Please definitely keep it up!! As a Spurs fan, I really look forward to seeing your masterpiece on the Spurs courts! It will be really cool if you can add some new banners!

(Just curious, is it possible to add a new mascot to a team?)
robinchow

Postby PeacemanNOT on Fri Aug 26, 2022 10:49 pm

robinchow wrote:What an awesome idea and great work!! I am also playing 2K11 now, after feeling disappointed by the recent 2k20-22 with a minimal update every generation since 2k19.

Please definitely keep it up!! As a Spurs fan, I really look forward to seeing your masterpiece on the Spurs courts! It will be really cool if you can add some new banners!

Thank you, and I agree with you, I've become a bit tired with the new 2Ks. Especially considering the PC version isn't even new gen.

For the Spurs, it would be possible to give them a mascot. You just have to use a team file with one already in it. Obviously, I wouldn't be able to use an entirely new model, but a model could be manipulated from a different mascot to look like the Coyote. It would take some effort to do though. It might be easier if there was a Coyote model from 2K12-2K14? I can't remember if there was.

I wouldn't really know how to add banners, since I don't have access to a decompiled SCNE file for an arena. I've been trying to put as little effort as possible into the arenas for this, as they just take so much time to edit. I might put more effort into the classic arenas though, as they're pretty inaccurate.
Donate if you'd like to:
PeacemanNOT
Useless Member
Contributor

Postby robinchow on Mon Aug 29, 2022 3:44 am

PeacemanNOT wrote:
robinchow wrote:What an awesome idea and great work!! I am also playing 2K11 now, after feeling disappointed by the recent 2k20-22 with a minimal update every generation since 2k19.

Thank you, and I agree with you, I've become a bit tired with the new 2Ks. Especially considering the PC version isn't even new gen.

For the Spurs, it would be possible to give them a mascot. You just have to use a team file with one already in it. Obviously, I wouldn't be able to use an entirely new model, but a model could be manipulated from a different mascot to look like the Coyote. It would take some effort to do though. It might be easier if there was a Coyote model from 2K12-2K14? I can't remember if there was.

I wouldn't really know how to add banners, since I don't have access to a decompiled SCNE file for an arena. I've been trying to put as little effort as possible into the arenas for this, as they just take so much time to edit. I might put more effort into the classic arenas though, as they're pretty inaccurate.

Thank you for your reply. Will adding a mascot replace something else (like cheerleading)? I can't remember any version of 2K (maybe except 2K22) that includes coyote. He is one of the most famous mascots so it's kind of a pity.

As for the banners, I see you updated some banners for the Bucks so I thought it should be doable. But if it's too difficult, ignore me and just keep up with your plan! Again your work is awesome and so good to see modders still making 2K11 better.
robinchow

Postby PeacemanNOT on Mon Aug 29, 2022 6:26 am

robinchow wrote:
PeacemanNOT wrote:

Thank you for your reply. Will adding a mascot replace something else (like cheerleading)? I can't remember any version of 2K (maybe except 2K22) that includes coyote. He is one of the most famous mascots so it's kind of a pity.

As for the banners, I see you updated some banners for the Bucks so I thought it should be doable. But if it's too difficult, ignore me and just keep up with your plan! Again your work is awesome and so good to see modders still making 2K11 better.

Mascots should not replace cheerleaders, I would just have to change some textures around if I was to use a different team file.

Unfortunately though it looks like the 2KX mod tool doesn't extract mascot UV maps correctly. I think it might be a bit too difficult for me to edit in that case. I will stick to my plan but will try my best on the Spurs when and if I get to them.
Donate if you'd like to:
PeacemanNOT
Useless Member
Contributor

Postby RayRay_953 on Mon Aug 29, 2022 6:27 am

The Warriors jersey numbers need to be edited in RGB format, then specifying the team colors to change the front and back numbers, right? I believe the 80s Nuggets jerseys are also like that too.
RayRay_953

Postby Pep on Mon Aug 29, 2022 5:11 pm

WOW! All of that looks very impressive and seeing no rev30 mesh on Knicks St.Pats uni warms my heart. Excellent job!

RayRay_953 wrote:The Warriors jersey numbers need to be edited in RGB format, then specifying the team colors to change the front and back numbers, right? I believe the 80s Nuggets jerseys are also like that too.

Yes, numbers on textures should be in one of rgb color (blue is default for Warriors) and then is need to be edit in roster via team color tab. At least this is a case for 2k14.
Sorry for my bad English.
NBA 2k14 thread
If you like my works, you can support me and motivate:
Pep
Leń patentowany ;)

Postby PeacemanNOT on Tue Aug 30, 2022 6:09 am

Pep wrote:WOW! All of that looks very impressive and seeing no rev30 mesh on Knicks St.Pats uni warms my heart. Excellent job!

RayRay_953 wrote:The Warriors jersey numbers need to be edited in RGB format, then specifying the team colors to change the front and back numbers, right? I believe the 80s Nuggets jerseys are also like that too.

Yes, numbers on textures should be in one of rgb color (blue is default for Warriors) and then is need to be edit in roster via team color tab. At least this is a case for 2k14.

Thank you, and yes I'm making sure to keep as much detail as I possibly can with little things like that. In the 10-11 season, Adidas typically didn't incorporate the new Rev30 meshing in uniforms that had been worn the season previous, unless they were Home/Away/Alternate.

For the uniforms, it's been difficult to find a balance for the colours being used in the alpha channel. It messes up which materials are being used on the model, and with the upscaled textures it looks kinda glitchy when you go up close. Also for the Knicks uniforms, I might re-do them as I think I can get a more accurate front number position.
Donate if you'd like to:
PeacemanNOT
Useless Member
Contributor

Re: 2K11 Remastered [Cavaliers & Celtics - PREVIEWS]

Postby PeacemanNOT on Sun Sep 04, 2022 5:06 am

Been a bit busy lately but I've got the Cavs and Celtics done. Cavs uniforms took awhile, as I'm pretty sure they have the most out of any teams in the game. I also went back and reviewed every uniform I've done so far and fixed some mistakes I made. I completely forgot about the Finals logo that is placed over the jersey during the Finals, so I had readjust some things.

I also re-did the Knicks uniforms and they look a lot better now. They have a much bigger wordmark and a lower front number, so check them out if you're interested.

Cavaliers:
Uniform Previews

Celtics:
Uniform Previews
Team/Court Previews

Knicks:
Uniform Previews

I think what I might do is try to complete the Eastern conference, then release a beta version so I have something out there.
Donate if you'd like to:
PeacemanNOT
Useless Member
Contributor

Re: 2K11 Remastered [Cavaliers & Celtics - PREVIEWS]

Postby RayRay_953 on Sun Sep 04, 2022 5:16 am

PeacemanNOT wrote:Been a bit busy lately but I've got the Cavs and Celtics done. Cavs uniforms took awhile, as I'm pretty sure they have the most out of any teams in the game. I also went back and reviewed every uniform I've done so far and fixed some mistakes I made. I completely forgot about the Finals logo that is placed over the jersey during the Finals, so I had readjust some things.

I also re-did the Knicks uniforms and they look a lot better now. They have a much bigger wordmark and a lower front number, so check them out if you're interested.

Cavaliers:
Uniform Previews

Celtics:
Uniform Previews
Team/Court Previews

Knicks:
Uniform Previews

I think what I might do is try to complete the Eastern conference, then release a beta version so I have something out there.

Top-notch work here! :applaud: With the right global, 2K11 still visually looks great even by today's standards. With you making the jerseys, courts, and arenas, the game will look even better.
RayRay_953

Re: 2K11 Remastered [Hawks - PREVIEWS]

Postby PeacemanNOT on Fri Sep 16, 2022 11:23 am

Finished the Hawks. A bit difficult as their uniform designs are more complicated and there were some I've never done before.

Hawks:
Uniform Previews
Team/Court Previews

I've been going at a really slow pace recently, haven't been able to dedicate as much time as I used to. I'm also not able to upscale the referee uniforms. No matter what I try, the hex editing methods I use just won't work, unfortunately.
Donate if you'd like to:
PeacemanNOT
Useless Member
Contributor

Next

Return to NBA 2K11 Modding