I may have corrupted my file using REDitor II

A hub for everything related to NBA 2K11 modding. Releases, previews, requests, and other modding discussion belongs here.

I may have corrupted my file using REDitor II

Postby shinhantales on Thu May 14, 2020 10:31 pm

So I'm currently doing a 2K11 MyPlayer series on YouTube (I'm deep in, 1st round of the playoffs) and I had the brilliant idea to mod the myplayer roster to make my team's pg a shooting threat. I used REDitor II 5.0 to go in and edit the attributes but when I finished and rebooted my 360 the file was "damaged or corrupt". Is there anyone who can walk me through the correct process of doing this so I can hopefully finish my series. I have experience with hxd and modio so you won't have to explain it to me like a child. Thanks in advance
This topic was moved from NBA 2K11 by Andrew on Thu May 14, 2020 10:50 pm.
shinhantales

Re: I may have corrupted my file using REDitor II

Postby Andrew on Thu May 14, 2020 10:58 pm

Honestly, if you don't have a backup of the save, you're probably out of luck. There are a couple of things you could try, though.

REDitor II does make backups of files when you edit them, which it saves in the same folder as the file you're editing with a .bak extension. At least, it does for PC roster files. If that file is there, you might be able to rename it accordingly and copy it back to restore a working save file. I'd look for that file first.

The other possible fix would be to start a new save, copy it over, and try copying and pasting the data from the modified file into the fresh one (highlight all and copy/paste like a spreadsheet), so that it has the progress of the old save. There's a chance you'll be copying over problematic data, but it's worth a try. Without a working backup of the original file, it'd be the only way to restore the previous sava data.

Unfortunately that's about all you can try. As far as I know, no one's ever been able to repair a corrupted file on PC or console, but you might be able to copy data into a new file and carry on, if you can't find that backup file.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby shinhantales on Thu May 14, 2020 11:11 pm

Thanks a million man, I'm gonna give these methods a try. Just to make sure, there isn't anything I need to do before or after editing the file in REDitor?
shinhantales

Postby Andrew on Thu May 14, 2020 11:33 pm

I'm not sure, sorry. I do have NBA 2K11 on 360, but I've only ever edited the PC roster files. I'm not sure if you have to rehash since it's going back onto your own console, but it might be necessary. That'd probably be something else to try, both with a new file and your existing one (assuming you haven't tried it already, of course). Apart from that I'm not aware of any additional procedures. Sorry I can't be more useful in that regard!

If you do have that .bak file then it should be an unmodified copy that REDitor II made, so with any luck it can go straight back onto your 360 as if it never left.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Return to NBA 2K11 Modding