2K12 Mod Ideas #4: Streetball 2K: Styles Clash

A hub for everything related to NBA 2K12 modding. Releases, previews, requests, and other modding discussion belongs here.

2K12 Mod Ideas #4: Streetball 2K: Styles Clash

Postby nzx3lite on Mon May 31, 2021 2:03 am

I have these weird ideas for mods and I have no other choice but to share them to you, even if these are pretty [REDACTED] mental, hoping that some talented 2K12 modder would pick up some of my ideas to make a fully customizable mod.

Streetball 2K: Styles Clash

I love streetball. I don't know why but it just gets me hype every time. I feel like one of the reasons basketball is very popular is because of streetball, and I have an idea of a 2K12 mod which would be a tribute to streetball.

Obviously, I do not know how to mod, so all I can do right now is just, you know just read the first paragraph. I named this idea Styles Clash because basically, every style of ball will clash with one another. Streetball, pro ball, old school, new school, tall, small, etc.

The idea that I have right now is a streetball league where the players are some of the streetball legends from past to present (such as Dr. J, Professor, Joe Hammond), alongside some current NBA players known for hype and handle moves. You can also put some homegrown talent to as well (and by homegrown talent i mean fully customized players that have different attributes, such as a guard that steals and a guard that shoots clutch threes, or a forward who is good on defense and a forward who is known for hype fastbreaks), hell maybe Uncle Drew or Calvin Cambridge can be there, might as well throw in the rappers idea that i had. It can either be local or global. Personally, I'd prefer global, because outside the US streetball can be so hype as well, but then again, only a few places to pick. So, basically, the idea so far is like JaoSming's All Pro Basketball Mods, but with a little bit homegrown and streetball, obviously.

As for the courts, you can put some famous street courts around the world. Rucker Park, Tenement, Floating Court, Angels Gate, Hall of Fame, Jackson Park, 3D Court (if possible?), etc. I have this one idea for a court which basically looks like the Tenement, but has all the NBA Championship Banners on the walls. I was inspired by two NBA Finals intros (2011 & 2015). The center logo could be anything. I also have the idea of adding underground rap for the custom soundtrack, just like 2K5 (was it 2K5?). As for sliders, it depends on you. Lastly, ruleset. no offensive fouls, no 3 sec violation, no illegal screens, 1 & 2 scoring format (if possible), etc.

Thanks.
I have these weird ideas for mods and I have no other choice but to share them to you, even if these are pretty [REDACTED] mental, hoping that some talented 2K12 modder would pick up some of my ideas to make a fully customizable mod.
nzx3lite

Return to NBA 2K12 Modding