NBA 2K13 Shoes are missing

Talk about NBA 2K13 here.

NBA 2K13 Shoes are missing

Postby MaxSaltan_9595 on Tue Feb 23, 2021 7:55 am

Hi guys!
I'm having a weird problem with NBA 2K13. A couple of months ago I decided to install this game on my PC. And suddenly I discovered that many shoes are not displayed in the game. Not all, but some. I mean such models as Converse Chuk Taylor, Converse Weapon, several Jordan models and so on. I always thought these sneaker models were available in the game by default. But when I installed the game again, I did not find them. A couple of months ago everything worked fine, all the shoes were in stock and displayed in the menu. They could be edited and assigned to players like all other models. I did a lot of things in the hope of getting these sneakers back into the game: I installed mods, patches, installed the game on a different version of Windows, installed different versions of the NBA 2K13 game (turned off the antivirus so that it would not accidentally delete unnecessary files), tried to copy these sneaker models from NBA 2K12 games (I read that they are available in 2K13, but maybe I did something wrong). Nothing helped, they just disappeared from the game. I don't understand how they could disappear and how to get them back. They were always available in the game, but now they are not. It should be borne in mind that I did not do anything specifically for this.
I understand that shoes are far from the most important detail in the game. But I have been playing this game for 8 years now and it is very important for me to have all the models in stock. Please help me to solve this problem. Someone may have discovered this problem the same way I did. Thank you.

Below I have attached pictures that illustrate my problem. You can see that not all shoe models are available in my game. Also you can see that somehow I got the Jordan Melo 9 model and one Under Armour model became available

I also want to remind you that models such as the Reebok Question or Converse Weapon are already worn on Allen Iverson or Magic Johnson by default. But they are not available in the game menu

If I understand correctly, if the sneakers are not in the game menu (Features - 2K Shoes), then the game files are hidden or missing.

Thank you. Sorry for my bad english)
Max
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
MaxSaltan_9595

Re: NBA 2K13 Shoes are missing

Postby Andrew on Tue Feb 23, 2021 7:15 pm

Some of them might have been added via the official roster update, which will no longer come through because the servers are offline. However, we have preserved the roster and content update in the Downloads section if you wanted to give that a try: Official NBA 2K13 Roster & Online Data Update

No guarantee that that's the solution, but it's the only thing I can think of if that content isn't available any other way.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby MaxSaltan_9595 on Tue Feb 23, 2021 11:36 pm

Hi Andrew! Thanks for your advice and help. I tried this way to solve the problem. Everything worked out: new courts and new sneakers appeared in the game (they are also available in the game menu). But old shoes still don't show up. I noticed one detail. In NBA 2K13, I do not have shoes from another game - NBA 2K12. Although it worked well before. Maybe you know a way to bring shoe models from NBA 2K12 to NBA 2K13? Is this even possible? I have no idea how they were displayed in the game before
(Once again: retro models such as Converse Chuck Taylor, Air Jordan V, Reebok Question, Adidas Crazy 8, etc. All are available in NBA 2K12. They were available in NBA 2K13. But now they are not). I suppose they were not included in the NBA 2K13 updates at all, because they were available in this game by default
Take another look at my pictures and compare them. This is what I try to explain in words :lol:
Thank you)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
MaxSaltan_9595

Postby Andrew on Wed Feb 24, 2021 1:33 pm

Perhaps they're unlockable? It's been a long time since I played NBA 2K13 regularly, but I have vague memories of there being some unlockable shoes. That's the only other thing I can think of. If they're not in the updates, then they should be in the game somewhere by default.

I'm guessing shoes from NBA 2K12 can be converted (and probably have been in the past), but I don't make shoe updates so I can't offer any insight into the specifics there.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Return to NBA 2K13