Wayback Wednesday: Timberwolves Franchise in NBA Live 2003

Talk about the NLSC Podcast, Monday Tip-Off, Wayback Wednesday, The Friday Five, Top 10 Plays of the Week, and our Parsec Tournaments! This is also a section for NLSC and community announcements, and other site-related topics.

Re: Wayback Wednesday: 20 Players With No Official Appearances in Games

Postby Andrew on Wed Nov 24, 2021 3:11 pm

Wayback Wednesday: 20 Players With No Official Appearances in Games

I have an ongoing series of Friday Five articles documenting players who appeared in more video games than real NBA contests. While a handful of those players did tally playing time in at least one NBA game while sometimes appearing in multiple titles, several of them only saw action on the virtual hardwood after being cut in real life while the game was still in production. This article is basically the opposite of that series, instead focusing on players that did make it to the NBA, but due to the timing of their stints, never made it into a video game's official rosters.

I'd originally planned this as a counterpart series of Friday Five articles, but I've instead opted for a single article listing twenty noteworthy examples. To that point, I've tried to select players who had interesting stories, and/or multiple opportunities to make official appearances in video games. I've also focused on games from NBA Live 96 onwards, as those titles have included more comprehensive lineups thanks to inactive rosters and official updates. Official roster updates have also made this a far less likely phenomenon as the years have gone by. Let's take a look back...way back...
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Re: Wayback Wednesday: NBA Live 06 PC Dynasty Re-Made On Xbox 360

Postby Andrew on Wed Dec 01, 2021 3:05 pm

Wayback Wednesday: NBA Live 06 PC Dynasty Re-Made On Xbox 360

My Chicago Bulls Dynasty in NBA Live 06 PC remains one of my all-time favourite experiences, in one of my all-time favourite basketball video games. This year, I've come to appreciate the Xbox 360 version of NBA Live 06 as well, though the game is of course lacking Dynasty mode. Nevertheless, the Xbox 360 version has recently been my retro kick. Just for fun, I re-created the roster from Year 1 of my PC Dynasty on Xbox 360. I ended up playing a game against the San Antonio Spurs, the team that I defeated in that first season to clinch the Bulls' seventh championship. As I recorded some highlights from the game, you can join me as I take a look back...way back...

phpBB [video]
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Re: Wayback Wednesday: 1998 Bulls vs Lakers in NBA Live 06 Xbox 360

Postby Andrew on Thu Dec 09, 2021 11:43 am

Wayback Wednesday: 1998 Bulls vs Lakers in NBA Live 06 Xbox 360

Yes, the retro kick continues! Although I could easily play this matchup with proper faces and jerseys in NBA 2K22, there's something really fun about makeshift rosters. Of course, given the lack of modding options for the Xbox 360 version of NBA Live 06, a minimalist approach to re-creating a 1998 Bulls vs Lakers game is the best I can do! It nevertheless resulted in an extremely enjoyable retro gaming experience. Even with animations that are showing their age and lack variety, there were a couple that felt "Jordanesque"! Since I had such a blast, I kept the recording and created another highlight reel. Join me as I take a look back...way back...

phpBB [video]
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Re: Wayback Wednesday: Revisiting Fantasy Teams & Quick Pick Play

Postby Andrew on Wed Dec 15, 2021 4:07 pm

Wayback Wednesday: Revisiting Fantasy Teams & Quick Pick Play

Although I have many titles and aspects of old basketball games that I want to cover here in Wayback Wednesday, sometimes I do have to revisit topics. As much care and passion as I put into my features, there are times when I don't do a topic justice, or my opinion changes after some further retro gaming sessions. It's why I've seen fit to post new retrospectives of NBA Live 06 and NBA Live 10. Sometimes my opinion doesn't change much - as was the case with NBA Live 07 - but another look with fresh eyes can yield something you didn't notice before, and alter your perspective.

I would definitely say that that's the case with Fantasy Teams and Quick Pick Play, a mode featured in the Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3 versions of NBA Live 08 through NBA Live 10. I don't necessarily disagree with what I wrote when I covered Quick Pick Play four years ago, but I've developed more of an appreciation for it since then. With that in mind, let's take another look back...way back....
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Re: Wayback Wednesday: NBA Returns After Extended Absences

Postby Andrew on Wed Dec 22, 2021 4:57 pm

Wayback Wednesday: NBA Returns After Extended Absences

Yes, it's another "interactive almanac" Wayback Wednesday feature, taking a look back at some historical NBA trivia through the lens of video games! This time, I'm focusing on players that made their way back to the NBA - and therefore the virtual hardwood as well - after at least two years away. There have been a handful of very notable names that have made NBA returns following extended absences, as well as some key role players and journeymen that reappeared after their time in the NBA had seemingly drawn to a close.

Indeed, that's a common theme with most of these players. Whether they retired due to age or injury, they were no longer drawing interest from any teams, or they found a comfortable spot playing in another league, we didn't expect these NBA returns. Of course, that's what makes them so interesting, then and now. Incidentally, this topic was suggested by The BBall Pundit on Twitter, so shout out to you! With that being said, let's take a look back...way back...
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Re: Wayback Wednesday: The Replacements

Postby Andrew on Wed Dec 29, 2021 3:40 pm

Wayback Wednesday: The Replacements

"Hold on a moment", I hear you say. "Didn't you already cover Roster Players in a previous Wayback Wednesday feature?" I did indeed, and I do also link back to that article whenever I mention them! However, I'm not actually focusing on those old roster players today, except to note that yes, they did serve as the replacements for a handful of real players that couldn't be licensed back in the 90s. Not every game made use of placeholders to fill in for absent stars, however. So, what did they do when they couldn't include the likes of Michael Jordan, Charles Barkley, and Shaquille O'Neal?

Enter the replacements: other players on the team that were promoted to the starting lineup in order to fill the void. This produced some interesting results, such as career bench players getting the starting nod, and the occasional player being slotted in at a position they rarely played. It also resulted in other players taking on the role of the team's de facto star. It's not something we need to worry about these days, but back in the 90s, it was a recurring phenomenon. Let's take a look back...way back...
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Re: Wayback Wednesday: The Way Back in NBA 2K19

Postby Andrew on Wed Jan 05, 2022 6:20 pm

Wayback Wednesday: The Way Back in NBA 2K19

Since NBA 2K19 is now going on four years old and its servers have been shut down, I believe that it now fits the bill for wayback content. Hey, that's the rule I set when I looked back at the story of DJ in NBA 2K18 in 2020, and as I said at the time, it's my feature, so I'll make and break the rules as I see fit! Besides, we've had a couple of fairly well-written and acted MyCAREER stories since then. In particular, The Long Shadow in NBA 2K21 was a strong candidate for the best tale the mode has ever had. With that in mind, it's worth looking back at NBA 2K19's story to see how it holds up.

After all, when NBA 2K19 came out, The Way Back was likewise one of the best stories we'd played through in MyCAREER. The journey of AI didn't just take us from college to the NBA, but around the world. I'll throw out an obligatory spoiler warning as we take a look back...way back...at The Way Back...
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Re: Wayback Wednesday: Direct Shoot, The Overlooked Mechanic

Postby Andrew on Wed Jan 12, 2022 4:27 pm

Wayback Wednesday: Direct Shoot, The Overlooked Mechanic

If you've played any of the early NBA Live games, you'll likely remember a feature called Direct Pass. Even if you're unfamiliar with those old releases, you can probably glean from the name alone that Direct Pass is what has come to be known as Icon Passing. NBA 2K popularised the latter name, though I still tend to use the terms "Direct Pass" or "direct passing", because it's the nomenclature from the games that I grew up playing. It's the same reason that I use the name "Decade All-Stars" more often than "All-Decade Teams". It's just the branding that I'm used to.

While the name Direct Pass has fallen out of vogue, the concept is obviously still used in modern titles, without any major changes. Conversely, Direct Shoot - introduced in the NBA Live series around the same time as Direct Pass - has been replaced by other methods of advanced shooting controls. To that end, I'd suggest that it's an overlooked stepping stone to mechanics that we now take for granted. I know that I've certainly underutilised it when playing those older games, so let's take a look back...way back...
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Re: Wayback Wednesday: The Oddball Classic Teams

Postby Andrew on Thu Jan 20, 2022 9:59 am

Wayback Wednesday: The Oddball Classic Teams

One of the best things about the classic teams in NBA 2K is that over the years, the developers have sought to include more unorthodox choices. As fantastic as The Jordan Challenge and NBA's Greatest were, limiting the selection of classic teams to MJ's squads and their opponents, or teams connected to fifteen of the league's all-time best players, didn't demonstrate much imagination. I love that we have teams such as the 2000 Trail Blazers and Raptors, and the 1997 Heat. NBA 2K needn't only include truly legendary teams, as there are other interesting squads that are fun to play with.

With that being said, there have been some oddball choices when it comes to the classic teams found in various NBA 2K games. That doesn't necessarily mean they were bad choices that shouldn't have been included, though in some cases there was arguably a better option. They do stand out as puzzling picks or ill-fitting inclusions, if for no other reason than they lack a suitable opponent. These oddball choices are something that's been on my mind when playing with classic teams recently, so let's take a look back...way back...
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Re: Wayback Wednesday: The Glorious Menus of NBA Live 97

Postby Andrew on Wed Jan 26, 2022 7:24 pm

Wayback Wednesday: The Glorious Menus of NBA Live 97

The nostalgic rush you get from a beloved old basketball video game begins long before you hit the virtual hardwood. It's there upon the first glimpse of the boot-up screens and introduction videos. The first notes of the soundtrack will take you back to all the hours you spent with a game when it was brand new. And then, there are the menus. For many of us, our memories of our favourite basketball games also include spending a sizeable chunk of time in the menus: setting up games, creating players, updating the rosters, and sometimes just enjoying listening to the music.

As such, there are some frontends that stick in our minds. If we vividly remember the menu from a particular game, it's either because it was visually appealing and easy to navigate, or incredibly ugly and clunky. When it comes to the menus in NBA Live 97, I'd definitely describe them as the former. I know I've touched on the menus in NBA Live 97 PC in my retrospective of the game, but I believe that they're worthy of their own article. Let's take a look back...way back...
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby Dee4Three on Thu Jan 27, 2022 5:08 am

Very 90s.... a lot of nostalgia going back and playing some of the mid/late 90s basketball games.

The NBA in the Zone series just oozes 90s style and trends. Between the soundtrack, the menus, etc
"I don't know if I practiced more than anybody, but I sure practiced enough. I still wonder if somebody - somewhere - was practicing more than me." - Larry Bird

Check out my YouTube channel

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCvHJXrqit8Dc6HBY5P6EmAA

Follow me on Twitter

https://twitter.com/Dee4Three84
Dee4Three
NLSC Team Member
NLSC Team Member

Postby Andrew on Thu Jan 27, 2022 10:44 am

That's a good point. Those menus are pure 90s as well!
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Re: Wayback Wednesday: NBA Live 98 Demo on a 486

Postby Andrew on Wed Feb 02, 2022 11:19 pm

Wayback Wednesday: NBA Live 98 Demo on a 486

As a teenager in 1998, making do with a 486 DX2/66 IBM compatible PC, there were few things I wanted as much as a shiny new Pentium. I mean, I wanted the Chicago Bulls to be featured on the Game of the Week, to win as many games as possible, and ultimately, take home the NBA Championship. I wanted to stay up late on weekends to watch the NBA and WWF, and play games. I wanted to create rosters for NBA Live 96, and upload them to my Geocities site, the NBA Live Domain. There was a girl at school I wished I was more than friends with. But yes, I wanted a Pentium.

How did that turn out? Well, I got to see quite a few Bulls games that year, many of which they won, and of course they went on to win their sixth NBA title in June. I did fill my weekends with basketball, wrestling, and video games. I continued to hone my skills as a modder, and the NLD began to develop a small but dedicated following. The girl at school...well, let's not bring the mood down, here! We also didn't get a new PC until a couple of years later, which led to me attempting to run the NBA Live 98 demo on our rapidly aging 486. How did that go? Let's take a look back...way back...
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Re: Wayback Wednesday: The Broken Rotation Screen in NBA Live

Postby Andrew on Wed Feb 09, 2022 4:05 pm

Wayback Wednesday: The Broken Rotation Screen in NBA Live

During my extended NBA Live 10 retro kick, I wondered why I didn't spend more time with it when it was new. I've wondered the same about some of its immediate predecessors, a couple of which were fairly solid in their own right. Issues with lobs and broken plays soon reminded me why. The fact of the matter is that NBA Live 10 does have some quirky moments that were annoying when it was the newest game I owned, but are more tolerable now that the game is nostalgic. My involvement in NBA Live modding also kept me focused on the PC releases.

However, reflecting on it further, I've also realised that the quality of Dynasty mode played a large role here. In many ways, I feel that Dynasty peaked with the prior gen version of NBA Live 06, which also included the PC port. It's not that there weren't any improvements in the following games, but there were also inaccuracies with the sim engine, and other such annoyances. Oh, and the broken rotation screen, which affected basic functionality, and stood in the way of one of the main joys of roster management: creating different lineups. Let's take a look back...way back...
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Re: Wayback Wednesday: Our First Virtual Championship

Postby Andrew on Thu Feb 17, 2022 12:05 am

Wayback Wednesday: Our First Virtual Championship

Achieving closure in basketball video games, and most sports titles for that matter, is different to other genres. After all, they can be played in many ways, not all of which have a predefined completion condition. In contrast, games with a storyline or final level/mission/quest can be played through and clearly beaten. Whether they're linear or non-linear, there's an end point where the story is over and the final main objective has been completed. There's less ambiguity as to whether or not you've finished such a game, and to that point, gained a sense of completion and closure with it.

NBA games, especially the sim titles, technically do have an ultimate goal of winning a championship in season, franchise, and career modes. However, they can also be enjoyed without ever completing a campaign. You may just play with and against friends in exhibition games, or tournaments that you organise. There are the online team play modes, with no schedule or structure. You can have countless hours of fun on the virtual hardwood without ever vying for an NBA championship. There is something special about getting a ring in video games though, especially hoisting the virtual Larry O'Brien trophy for the first time. Let's take a look back...way back...
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Re: Wayback Wednesday: Hot Spots in NBA Live 08

Postby Andrew on Wed Feb 23, 2022 3:36 pm

Wayback Wednesday: Hot Spots in NBA Live 08

The goal of implementing an increasing amount of realism in basketball video games has resulted in developers experimenting with a variety of mechanics and attributes. Some of these ideas have worked out better than others, or laid the foundation and evolved into better concepts. This is important to remember, as it can sometimes seem as if certain ideas were only implemented for the sake of adding something new to an annual release. It may be a sign that we've forgotten the reasons behind those ideas, and that poor execution doesn't necessarily mean there was never any merit to them.

Case in point: Hot Spots in NBA Live 08. It was a solid idea that paved the way for more nuanced shooting attributes, but that first iteration in NBA Live 08 also had negative effects on gameplay mechanics. It's all too easy to focus on the undesirable results of that first implementation of Hot Spots, and conclude that there was no value in the idea. However, future games proved that when implemented correctly, it was a step toward achieving the realism that we desired. Let's take a look back...way back...
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Re: Wayback Wednesday: Unusual Roster Players

Postby Andrew on Wed Mar 02, 2022 3:25 pm

Wayback Wednesday: Unusual Roster Players

If you've played sim basketball titles from the 90s, you'll be familiar with Roster Players. They're the fictional placeholders that stood in for the players that couldn't be licensed to appear under the NBA's agreement with the NBAPA. Most famously, Michael Jordan and Charles Barkley were Roster Players in several games. For those who are unaware, the term comes from the names that those players were usually assigned. EA Sports used "Roster Player" in NBA Live, but similar terms such as "Roster Guard" and "1 Forward" were also used in place of real names.

Although Roster Players are no longer used to replace active players, they are still utilised to fill out the lineups of classic teams in NBA 2K. On top of that, some rather unexpected players have been replaced by Roster Players in various games over the years. I've discussed the phenomenon of Roster Players in a previous article, but this week, I'm covering some unusual examples. Let's take a look back...way back...
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Re: Wayback Wednesday: Attract Mode & The Secrets of NBA Jam TE

Postby Andrew on Thu Mar 10, 2022 11:34 am

Wayback Wednesday: Attract Mode & The Secrets of NBA Jam TE

If you've never known a time before YouTube, social media, and readily accessible information on just about anything you can name, it may be difficult to imagine not having detailed knowledge of a game's secrets. That's how it used to be, though. We had to buy (or photocopy!) official hint books and strategy guides, or consult game magazines for tips and cheat codes. Some secrets went undiscovered for years, or gave rise to urban legends. Discussion was limited to your circle of friends, which meant information travelled slower than it can nowadays.

To that point, there are details about some of my favourite video games - basketball and otherwise - that I didn't know until I finally got online in the late 90s. Of course, when it comes to some games, there are details that I could've and should've known, but remained ignorant of because I was young and impatient, and thus not properly observant. These include a few secrets in NBA Jam TE on PC, which is one of my all-time favourite basketball games. I don't know how I missed this information the first time around, and you'll probably wonder too as we take a look back...way back...
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Re: Wayback Wednesday: NBA Live 98 SNES Was Strange

Postby Andrew on Wed Mar 16, 2022 8:43 pm

Wayback Wednesday: NBA Live 98 SNES Was Strange

The main reason that I love collecting basketball video games is that I get to check out titles that I didn't play when they were new. Whether it was due to my preference for NBA Live, only owning Nintendo consoles, or releases that were North American exclusives, there are titles that I didn't experience until decades later. Getting my hands on a PlayStation 3, utilising the backwards compatibility of my PlayStation 2, and picking up a converter cartridge for my Super Nintendo, have all gone a long way in being able to expand my collection, and try out some old games for the first time.

One of those games is NBA Live 98 for the Super Nintendo. NBA Live 98 SNES was, quite frankly, a notably strange release. The PC version made a major leap, and the PlayStation port was solid in its own right. I've discussed NBA Live 98 in-depth in my retrospective for the 25th Anniversary of NBA Live, but I want to revisit the SNES version to highlight just how strange it was. Anyone who bought NBA Live 98 on SNES undoubtedly got the weakest version of the game, yet it has some interesting points. Let's take a look back...way back...
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Re: Wayback Wednesday: Familiar Faces Back in Familiar Places (Part 5)

Postby Andrew on Wed Mar 23, 2022 8:32 pm

Wayback Wednesday: Familiar Faces Back in Familiar Places (Part 5)

If you've been checking out my Wayback Wednesday features for some time now, you probably know the drill when it comes to this topic. For those who are new or perhaps missed the first four instalments, this is a series in which I profile stars and other noteworthy NBA players who returned for a second stint with a team that they previously played for. In other words, they're the familiar faces back in familiar places. It's a counterpart to my familiar faces in strange places series, which profiles players in stints that were unusual and sometimes forgotten.

As always, I'm looking at these familiar faces back in familiar places through the lens of basketball video games. I do so because we are a basketball video game site, and as I'm so fond of saying, basketball video games serve as interactive almanacs. When you're a retro basketball gamer, you'll often stumble across familiar faces in familiar places and strange places alike, reminding you of stints that may not be talked about all that much. Let's take a look back...way back...
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Re: Wayback Wednesday: Familiar Faces in Strange Places (Part 6)

Postby Andrew on Wed Mar 30, 2022 5:10 pm

Wayback Wednesday: Familiar Faces in Strange Places (Part 6)

With decades of NBA history and basketball video games to draw upon, are you surprised that I'm up to the sixth instalment in this series? For the uninitiated, this series looks back at stars and other noteworthy players who are usually associated with a particular team, having spent most of their career or enjoying the most success there, only to move on to another team where they looked very out of place. They are the familiar faces who wind up in strange places. This is in contrast to the players that become familiar faces back in familiar places, which is a different series altogether.

As I always explain with both series of articles, I'm looking back at these strange and sometimes forgotten stints from the perspective of basketball video games. This is keeping in line with our content - we are a basketball gaming site and community, after all - and as I always say, I love the interactive almanac aspect of retro basketball gaming. Not all of these stints can still be seen in games due to roster updates (or a lack thereof), but at some point, they were represented on the virtual hardwood. Let's take a look back...way back...
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Re: Wayback Wednesday: Oldest NBA Rookies & Their Video Game Debuts

Postby Andrew on Wed Apr 06, 2022 10:34 pm

Wayback Wednesday: Oldest NBA Rookies & Their Video Game Debuts

One of the interesting oddities about early iterations of MyCAREER is that you were able to set your age. This meant that if you wanted to role-play as an established pro that was finally making their way to the NBA, then you could effectively make that part of your bio. These days, your MyPLAYER avatar has a fixed age that fits their back story, that generally being a young player coming out of college. It makes sense, but considering that there have been many rookies that are new to the league but not to professional basketball, it's a shame that such an option is no longer available.

Of course, we still see real examples of latecomers to the NBA in the official rosters, and there have been some noteworthy stories over the years. I'll admit that since I've entered my 30s, I have a greater appreciation for the NBA's oldest rookies, especially in an era where there seems to be a Logan's Run approach to veteran players. In fact, referring to them as the "oldest rookies" feels rather strange now that I'm older than they were at the time! Between these rookies being the oldest debutants and some of the games that they were featured in, this is definitely one for the "old heads". Let's take a look back...way back...
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Re: Wayback Wednesday: Glitched NBA Live 97 SNES Cartridge

Postby Andrew on Wed Apr 13, 2022 2:21 pm

Wayback Wednesday: Glitched NBA Live 97 SNES Cartridge

It's been a while since I produced a video for Wayback Wednesday, and this is a prime topic to dive back into that medium. Simply put, to do it justice, you need to see the game in action. That game is the SNES version of NBA Live 97, specifically my original copy that somehow developed one of the weirdest roster glitches I've ever seen. My replacement copy of NBA Live 97 SNES is working just fine, but it appears that there's no way to fix the original glitched cartridge. It may not be so bad if you're a big Christian Laettner fan, but even then you'd probably want the game to work properly, with the correct 1997 season rosters. Let's take a look back...way back...

phpBB [video]
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Re: Wayback Wednesday: NBA 2K10 PC Disc Woes

Postby Andrew on Wed Apr 20, 2022 3:08 pm

Wayback Wednesday: NBA 2K10 PC Disc Woes

My approach as a collector of basketball video games has been to acquire titles that I have an interest in playing, and of course covering here in Wayback Wednesday. A working copy is therefore far more important to me than "complete in box". As you'd expect, it's been much cheaper, too! As I've shown, my collection includes multiple versions of titles across the different platforms that I own. Sometimes I've doubled up on the same platform with alternate covers, repurchased games I once traded in, and have spare copies of a few games that I've stumbled across on sale at bargain prices.

And then, there's NBA 2K10 PC. I picked up a second copy of the game, not on a whim because I'd seen it at a bargain price, but because mine had simply stopped working. Well, it kind of worked; sometimes, if I was patient and lucky enough. When I found a copy of NBA 2K10 going cheap on eBay, I snapped it up, and it appeared that all was well. And then, the same issues began occurring with that copy too. Of all the games in my collection, these disc woes are rather unique. Let's take a look back...way back...
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Re: Wayback Wednesday: NBA 2K10 PC Disc Woes

Postby RayRay_953 on Mon Apr 25, 2022 1:44 pm

From what I've experienced, it can be difficult to get a physical copy of the game you want without issues. You either run into expired license keys, nonfunctioning discs, or even the wrong game! I've owned the PS3 version of 2K10, and I've experienced some issues with my first copy from Gamestop. The menus would work fine, but the game would almost always crash after choosing the two teams in Quick Play. I thought the disc was simply dirty since PS3 discs would very rarely scratch due to the built-in blu ray player. After doing some testing, I found out that certain cyberfaces would cause the game to crash when accessing player edit, rendering about a quarter of the NBA roster unplayable! Fortunately, I've had more luck with my second copy, and I've experienced no crashing on my second copy.

Somewhat unrelated, but looking back at Shaquille O'Neal's player model in 2K10 and 2K11 gave me a potential Wayback Wednesday suggestion. I noticed his Superman tattoo has always changed depending on his game appearances. Sometimes the actual design would be there, other times like in 2K10/11 it would be blocked out by lines, or it would even be forgotten completely! It's one of the strange instances that differ depending on what game you play, and some games try to be creative with the replacement logos. I believe in NBA Ballers, they attempted to go with something original, and even change the text to something like "Men of Steal".
RayRay_953

PreviousNext

Return to Featured Content & Community Noticeboard