Discord server

Talk about the NLSC Podcast, Monday Tip-Off, Wayback Wednesday, The Friday Five, Top 10 Plays of the Week, and our Parsec Tournaments! This is also a section for NLSC and community announcements, and other site-related topics.

Discord server

Postby [Hyperize] on Sun Aug 01, 2021 4:04 pm

Is this ever gonna happen? I feel like it might be time. I know you said you don't like the idea cause it takes away traffic from the site, but I think it could be fun and coexist. I feel like it's the inevitable future so what's the point of prolonging it.
[Hyperize]

Re: Discord server

Postby Andrew on Sun Aug 01, 2021 7:58 pm

The same point and concern as before, basically. If we're not getting traffic, I won't be able to pay the bills - we're on a dedicated server, and that's more than just a few bucks a month - and everything we've built over the past 25 years goes down the drain as we have to shut down. I do want to make sure the Forum is still active and people have a reason to visit the site for discussion, original content, and the Downloads section/modding resources.

However, we do actually have a Discord set up that's mostly being used for the people setting up Parsec games. The link is in the Parsec section. To that point though, it's meant that the Parsec section isn't really being used, which kind of underlines my concern of activity moving off-site.
Andrew
Retro Basketball Gamer
Administrator

Return to Featured Content & Community Noticeboard