"Not enough controllers are on the home team" problem

Talk about NBA 2K14 here.

"Not enough controllers are on the home team" problem

Postby DodgeSomrs on Mon Oct 25, 2021 12:24 pm

Hi, I have a problem that kinda plagues me since 2K10. In practice "freestyle" mode, whenever I wanted to be the away team, it always says "Not enough controllers are on the home team." The only thing I do to play as an away team in freestyle mode is to switch sides. The only thing is, you can't do that in 2K14. Other 2K games like 2K9 and 2K15 allow you to practice as an away team. Can someone help me with this?
DodgeSomrs

Re: "Not enough controllers are on the home team" problem

Postby Andrew on Mon Oct 25, 2021 12:42 pm

Some games allow it, others don't. It's always been one of those weird things about the annual release; NBA Live was similar back in the day. Small things like that would sometimes change year-to-year, or every few years. It sounds like the workaround you've already devised is the only solution for games that always require the user to be controlling the home team in practice mode.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby DodgeSomrs on Tue Oct 26, 2021 1:00 am

Yeah, but does 2K14 really had a switch side option on an update/patch or something? 2K14 doesn't have that feature. Then, 2K brought it back in 2K15.

I don't really know if there's a solution to this. I always thought that the game requires two controllers to play (keyboard and Xbox/DualShock controller), and if I switch to an away team on freestyle mode, the game requires another controller for the home team. I have two keyboards: one, on the laptop, and the other, a separate keyboard with a numpad. I wish that I can bypass this problem.
DodgeSomrs

Postby Andrew on Tue Oct 26, 2021 10:06 am

NBA 2K14 PC didn't receive any official patches; only the roster and art updates. As far as I know, that functionality was never patched in on console that year either.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Return to NBA 2K14