Can anyone recommend any good sliders?

Talk about NBA 2K14 here.

Can anyone recommend any good sliders?

Postby Manni Live on Wed Dec 08, 2021 12:04 pm

I've been playing this game for a very long time and im at the point whereby going up against the cpu is way to easy, i was wondering if anyone can recommend some good sliders?

For all my patches for NBA 2K16 & NBA 2K14 Visit http://mannipatches.blogspot.ca/

Flickr Page https://www.flickr.com/photos/99620982@N03/

If your willing to support feel free to donate :)

Manni Live
Y'all spinning around like ballers. Seething with jealousy, I am.
Contributor

Re: Can anyone recommend any good sliders?

Postby bongo88 on Fri Dec 10, 2021 4:14 pm

Manni Live wrote:I've been playing this game for a very long time and im at the point whereby going up against the cpu is way to easy, i was wondering if anyone can recommend some good sliders?

I don't have any sliders, but wanted to ask you a question- gameplay related.

I played 2k14 extensively between 2014 - 2018. Played for years without v-sync off ... frames were like 80-100 on my old laptop. Anyways, been playing it recently, and the ingame vsync just doesn't work well.... frames between 35-55. not sure if you have that problem, or just my computer. Anwyays, been playing with v-sync off. and getting over 140 fps or whatever. Also solved a bunch of mod crash to desktops randomly.

Anyways, i do have a question. hahaha :) Anyways, with the in-game v-sync always giving me problems... I have played this game for many many hours at 80+ fps.

ok, now the question. haha.

I had the idea to set the fps limiter to 60 with msi afterburner (or the rivatuner bundled with afterburner)... and the gameplay is quite different. Animations are no longer super fast... at 100+ fps, some of the animations are rushed and don't make sense.... but at 60 fps... there is more animation clues about movement that are missing at higher fps when the animations are sped up or skipping frames or whatever.

I guess my question is.... have you played exstensivley at over 100+ fps for many years? Or have you set a fps limiter to 60?

Just wondering. I think the game at 60 fps feels much different... was wondering how you have played the game?
i am wondering if 60fps is maybe it's just a placebo effect on myself and nothing gameplay wise hasn't really changed.

anyways, if i find some descent sliders, i'll post a link here on this thread.

have a good day.
bongo88

Postby Manni Live on Tue Dec 14, 2021 8:47 am

bongo88 wrote:
Manni Live wrote:I've been playing this game for a very long time and im at the point whereby going up against the cpu is way to easy, i was wondering if anyone can recommend some good sliders?

I don't have any sliders, but wanted to ask you a question- gameplay related.

I played 2k14 extensively between 2014 - 2018. Played for years without v-sync off ... frames were like 80-100 on my old laptop. Anyways, been playing it recently, and the ingame vsync just doesn't work well.... frames between 35-55. not sure if you have that problem, or just my computer. Anwyays, been playing with v-sync off. and getting over 140 fps or whatever. Also solved a bunch of mod crash to desktops randomly.

Anyways, i do have a question. hahaha :) Anyways, with the in-game v-sync always giving me problems... I have played this game for many many hours at 80+ fps.

ok, now the question. haha.

I had the idea to set the fps limiter to 60 with msi afterburner (or the rivatuner bundled with afterburner)... and the gameplay is quite different. Animations are no longer super fast... at 100+ fps, some of the animations are rushed and don't make sense.... but at 60 fps... there is more animation clues about movement that are missing at higher fps when the animations are sped up or skipping frames or whatever.

I guess my question is.... have you played exstensivley at over 100+ fps for many years? Or have you set a fps limiter to 60?

Just wondering. I think the game at 60 fps feels much different... was wondering how you have played the game?
i am wondering if 60fps is maybe it's just a placebo effect on myself and nothing gameplay wise hasn't really changed.

anyways, if i find some descent sliders, i'll post a link here on this thread.

have a good day.

I've spent the majority of my days around 4 5 years ago with this game and with v sync off i have always had no problems with the game running at a constant 120 fps (I believe the game clocks out at 120hz) The havent had any animation problems the only problem i did have with the game was when i switch the in game resolution to 3280x1080p my monitor is 32:9 and when i use that resolution for some reason the game feels slow and laggy so i had to create a custom resolution in my Nvidia settings at 3240x1080 and it runs perfectly fine since then. I dont know if that answers your question but thats pretty much what ive experienced.

For all my patches for NBA 2K16 & NBA 2K14 Visit http://mannipatches.blogspot.ca/

Flickr Page https://www.flickr.com/photos/99620982@N03/

If your willing to support feel free to donate :)

Manni Live
Y'all spinning around like ballers. Seething with jealousy, I am.
Contributor

Postby bongo88 on Wed Dec 15, 2021 3:06 am

Manni Live wrote:

I've spent the majority of my days around 4 5 years ago with this game and with v sync off i have always had no problems with the game running at a constant 120 fps (I believe the game clocks out at 120hz) The havent had any animation problems the only problem i did have with the game was when i switch the in game resolution to 3280x1080p my monitor is 32:9 and when i use that resolution for some reason the game feels slow and laggy so i had to create a custom resolution in my Nvidia settings at 3240x1080 and it runs perfectly fine since then. I dont know if that answers your question but thats pretty much what ive experienced.

oh, yeah, you are the same as me. v sync off game works great. but with v sync on game gets laggy for me. Anwyays, if you find some good sliders. let me know :)

have a good day.
bongo88

Return to NBA 2K14