CRITICAL - Game opens for a split second, then crashes - Also happening in 2K14!

Talk about NBA 2K14 here.

CRITICAL - Game opens for a split second, then crashes - Also happening in 2K14!

Postby PedroPM on Tue Nov 27, 2018 5:51 am

So, i have long been a player of the 2K Series on the PC but due to University i kinda stopped playing it all together, because the last Semester was tough.

Still, this one seems to be a bit softer, and i have some more free time and decided to once again install 2K13 and install URB and Pat´s mod. All went well, and i was all set, until...i can´t open the game.

I mean, i click on the exe, it opens up for a split second, then closes. I see a black screen for a split second and then it crashes. I have searched the web for the entire weekend and i found multiple solutions but all seem to involve the compatibility modes. I did try the Windows XP SP3 Compatibility suggestion and while i could open the game and actually play a game, that solution does not work anymore. It worked once, but even if i deactivate it, and activate it again, it does not work anymore. Of course i am already running the game as Administrator.

Could somebody help me? I´m getting desperate, the game used to work just fine last year for example. It´s still the same Laptop and same OS. What is wrong here?

EDIT: I might add that this was even before i installed any of the mods. It was just me trying to open up the game to create the 2K Sports folder on App Data. I have already reinstalled it more than once.

Update: I have also now, tried to install 2K14, but i get the same problem after installing it and trying to play it hence why i´m posting this here also. All my other games work fine.
PedroPM

Re: CRITICAL - Game opens for a split second, then crashes - Also happening in 2K14!

Postby PedroPM on Tue Nov 27, 2018 7:10 am

Problem solved, it was related to some DirectX libraries that for some weird reason were not installed. It´s all good now! You can close and delete both topics.
PedroPM

Re: CRITICAL - Game opens for a split second, then crashes - Also happening in 2K14!

Postby sticky-fingers on Tue Nov 27, 2018 7:54 am

It could help someone ;)
sticky-fingers

Postby Bassman58 on Thu Nov 29, 2018 4:36 am

Thanks for giving the solution so others may benefit.
Bassman58

Return to NBA 2K14