Saving Settings (Please Help)

Talk about NBA 2K14 here.

Saving Settings (Please Help)

Postby Culture Games on Tue Jan 29, 2019 11:43 am

Can someone PLEASE advise me on how to save the controller settings, so i dont have to set up my configurations every time I play in exhibition modes. It saves for Association, but outside of it, it also puts me as "Profile 5", and always has default configurations. Please help.
This topic was moved from NBA 2K14 Modding by Andrew on Tue Jan 29, 2019 8:54 pm.
Culture Games
ABL Commish

Re: Saving Settings (Please Help)

Postby Bassman58 on Wed Jan 30, 2019 6:20 am

Check your saves folder, There should be a settings.stg file and a yourname.usr file. These should change the date whenever you modify your settings. There is a config.cfg file that stores your configuration. This can be edited with notepad. As far as I know assoc and exhib modes both save to these files. The profile for my NBA 2K14 has my user name which is the same as the USR file. If I plug my controller in before the game my correct profile shows. If I plug in the controller after the game starts then I get "playerZ". This may be the cause of your issues.
Bassman58

Postby Culture Games on Wed Jan 30, 2019 7:37 am

Bassman58 wrote:Check your saves folder, There should be a settings.stg file and a yourname.usr file. These should change the date whenever you modify your settings. There is a config.cfg file that stores your configuration. This can be edited with notepad. As far as I know assoc and exhib modes both save to these files. The profile for my NBA 2K14 has my user name which is the same as the USR file. If I plug my controller in before the game my correct profile shows. If I plug in the controller after the game starts then I get "playerZ". This may be the cause of your issues.

So you are saying if I dont plug my controller in before the game launch, it wont worlk?
Culture Games
ABL Commish

Postby Bassman58 on Thu Jan 31, 2019 3:42 am

That's a distinct possibility. I plug my controller in before launching the game and my profile is always used. Plugging in a second controller just adds "player 2".
Bassman58

Postby Culture Games on Thu Jan 31, 2019 8:41 am

Bassman58 wrote:That's a distinct possibility. I plug my controller in before launching the game and my profile is always used. Plugging in a second controller just adds "player 2".

That did work. Thank you so much!
Culture Games
ABL Commish

Return to NBA 2K14