JSGME for saves folder?

Talk about NBA 2K14 here.

JSGME for saves folder?

Postby tinpanalley on Tue May 28, 2019 4:48 am

Is this something that can be done? Would you have to run a second version from the one used for install folder changes?
tinpanalley

Re: JSGME for saves folder?

Postby Andrew on Tue May 28, 2019 12:36 pm

I don't think anyone's suggested a way of doing that before. There shouldn't really be any need to, since saves can be independently loaded. What is it that you're looking to do?
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby tinpanalley on Tue May 28, 2019 12:43 pm

Well if I have 2K14 for example, and I'm trying URB, UBR, Mackubex and an NCAA mod, going to the roster load screen becomes really difficult to maneuver with all the roster saves unless you know exactly which one is for which mod.
tinpanalley

Postby Andrew on Tue May 28, 2019 12:48 pm

Ah, fair enough. I suppose it can get cluttered with that many roster saves.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby tinpanalley on Tue May 28, 2019 12:51 pm

Andrew wrote:Ah, fair enough. I suppose it can get cluttered with that many roster saves.

Yeah, I mean I have no clue what some of them are when I KNOW what mod I'm using.
tinpanalley

Postby Bassman58 on Wed May 29, 2019 2:34 am

Rename the various rosters before you copy them to the saves folder. For example, append 'UBR' to UBR roster names or something similar. You can rename the rosters however you like in 2K14.
Bassman58

Postby tinpanalley on Wed May 29, 2019 3:04 am

Bassman58 wrote:Rename the various rosters before you copy them to the saves folder. For example, append 'UBR' to UBR roster names or something similar. You can rename the rosters however you like in 2K14.

Yeah, I thought about that. It's just that even within URB alone, it's a massive list. So I've looked around, and for some other game someone said they do use JSGME for their saves folder. Ultimately, I don't expect to be running URB, UBR, AND Mackubex anyway. I'm still trying to figure out which of URB and UBR is a better all around experience for classic teams. I've read URB looks better and sims better but doesn't play as well somehow (haven't run any tests myself) and that UBR doesn't maybe look as good or play as good but is infinitely more thorough in the seasons it has. I'm willing to hear any feedback if anybody has any but not too in-depth, I don't want to change the focus of the thread.
To get back to JSGME, to be honest, I'm finding that even using it for URB is too much in terms of how long it takes. It takes a good 8 minutes to load up, I think I'd rather just have a full copy and use JSGME for trying different little mods that overlap.

Thanks for the input everyone!
tinpanalley

Postby Bassman58 on Thu May 30, 2019 2:45 am

I don't copy every UBR or URB roster to my saves folder. I keep a master folder and copy/delete the ROS files as I play that roster for UBR and URB. I always have my current season roster in the saves folder, If you have multiple installs of NBA 2K14 they all share the saves folder so your folder can get crazy if you have too many saves in it. JSGME can be used to swap rosters but it is not really necessary. I too use JSGME for smaller mods due to the longer load times for UBR and URB mods.
Bassman58

Postby tinpanalley on Thu May 30, 2019 2:59 am

Bassman58 wrote:I don't copy every UBR or URB roster to my saves folder. I keep a master folder and copy/delete the ROS files as I play that roster for UBR and URB. I always have my current season roster in the saves folder, If you have multiple installs of NBA 2K14 they all share the saves folder so your folder can get crazy if you have too many saves in it. JSGME can be used to swap rosters but it is not really necessary. I too use JSGME for smaller mods due to the longer load times for UBR and URB mods.

Ok, so what you're saying might work best then, to just copy in what you want to play. It's just loading up the game to find that you don't have the one you want in there, but I guess with save files as long as you aren't in the load screen, you can probably ALT-TAB out and copy in what you want. I mean saves don't even take a long time to copy.
And definitely I'm finding that JSGME is great for testing or adding individual mods (themes, uniforms, TV broadcast graphics) but for a whole mod, it simply isn't practical at all.
tinpanalley

Return to NBA 2K14