Want to move on from NBA 2k14 to the newer releases

Talk about NBA 2K14 here.

Want to move on from NBA 2k14 to the newer releases

Postby chemicastn on Sun Jan 31, 2021 5:03 pm

Hello. I have been playing NBA 2k14 pc ever since release and UBR and mackubex have give me latest rosters. But I want to move on to newer games in the series now. Wanted to ask first if which should I choose that also has updated roster modding? I primarily play association mode (or whatever it is called now in the newer games lol) but would be nice if a roster mod works in mycareer also.
chemicastn

Re: Want to move on from NBA 2k14 to the newer releases

Postby Andrew on Mon Feb 01, 2021 12:49 am

The most active modding community is for NBA 2K21, no question, but there are still people making mods for NBA 2K19 and NBA 2K20 as well. Because of the new story-driven approach in MyCAREER, it'll always use the official roster, not a custom one.
Andrew
Retro Basketball Gamer
Administrator

Postby chemicastn on Mon Feb 01, 2021 10:36 am

Andrew wrote:The most active modding community is for NBA 2K21, no question, but there are still people making mods for NBA 2K19 and NBA 2K20 as well. Because of the new story-driven approach in MyCAREER, it'll always use the official roster, not a custom one.

ok I dont mind not doing any mycareer then lol. but does 15-21 have updated roster mods that are regularly maintained like ubr, mackubex, and others for 14? because if they all do, next thing for me would be to figure out which of the games has the best iteration of the association/myleague gamemode. Also do you have recommendations for which game I should get? and what roster mod I should look into for that game?
chemicastn

Postby Andrew on Mon Feb 01, 2021 2:34 pm

Realistically, you'd have to go with NBA 2K20 or NBA 2K21. They'd be the ones that suit most of your needs. Of the two, I prefer NBA 2K20, though it's obviously no longer receiving official fixes and updates while NBA 2K21 is. Nothing earlier than NBA 2K17 is available on Steam anymore, so that eliminates NBA 2K15 and NBA 2K16 by default. NBA 2K18 wasn't a good game, and its modding community isn't very active these days anyway.
Andrew
Retro Basketball Gamer
Administrator

Return to NBA 2K14