NBA 2k14 freezing every 5 seconds?

Talk about NBA 2K14 here.

NBA 2k14 freezing every 5 seconds?

Postby msacco on Sat Jun 05, 2021 2:11 am

Hello, I'm playing NBA 2k14 on PC, just installed it again after a few years of not playing, I'm having an issue with the game, it freezes every 5 seconds for a split second, I don't know what the reason is, but I know that it's related to network, when I disconnect my network connection it works flawlessly, and freezes only after connecting it to the network again.

I can't disconnect my internet every time I want to play, and I'm wondering if I could find a solution for that...
I assumed it might be related to the nba 2k14 servers being down due to it being an old game, in that case I would assume it would happen to everyone? Anyone experiencing anything like that? If not, any ideas what could be done?

msacco

Re: NBA 2k14 freezing every 5 seconds?

Postby Andrew on Sat Jun 05, 2021 3:08 pm

It's a fairly common problem, yes. I believe most people do just disconnect when they want to play (usually disabling the network adapter, rather than switching the modem/router on and off), if they encounter it.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby msacco on Sat Jun 05, 2021 9:57 pm

Andrew wrote:It's a fairly common problem, yes. I believe most people do just disconnect when they want to play (usually disabling the network adapter, rather than switching the modem/router on and off), if they encounter it.

:(
That sucks....And really not possible for me as I need to have some things running most of the times in the background.
Is there no other possible solution? :(((

Thanks.
msacco

Postby Andrew on Sun Jun 06, 2021 1:52 am

There's this, courtesy of sticky-fingers.

phpBB [video]
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby msacco on Sun Jun 06, 2021 3:31 am

Andrew wrote:There's this, courtesy of sticky-fingers.

phpBB [video]

I've seen that before, but I already tried reinstalling the game on different drives, I also don't use exfat and use only ntfs.
I tried to capture network packets for the nba2k14 process, but found nothing, this is really weird....
msacco

Postby sticky-fingers on Sun Jun 06, 2021 3:57 am

your issue is related to the network card as mentionned by Andrew.
Each time you want to play 2K14, you have to open control panel > network > right click on your network adapter > disable
sticky-fingers

Postby msacco on Sun Jun 06, 2021 6:24 am

sticky-fingers wrote:your issue is related to the network card as mentionned by Andrew.
Each time you want to play 2K14, you have to open control panel > network > right click on your network adapter > disable

Did you read the previous posts? ^^
I already know that, but as I said, I can't disable my network for that as I have things running pretty much 24/7 which I can't really disable for too long.
I'm looking for a different solution possibly.

Thanks.
msacco

Postby Andrew on Sun Jun 06, 2021 2:42 pm

I don't think anyone has discovered any other solutions to date.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby sticky-fingers on Sun Jun 06, 2021 8:06 pm

okay, so i tracked the game network calls with Microsoft Network Monitor, and here's a fix for this network issue : no need to turn off the network card anymore

phpBB [video]

@Andrew, i've updated this thread, it could be usefull to move it in the tutorial / faqs section ?
sticky-fingers

Postby msacco on Sun Jun 06, 2021 10:16 pm

sticky-fingers wrote:okay, so i tracked the game network calls with Microsoft Network Monitor, and here's a fix for this network issue : no need to turn off the network card anymore

phpBB [video]

@Andrew, i've updated this thread, it could be usefull to move it in the tutorial / faqs section ?

Wuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuut
I've been trying to do it with Microsoft Network Monitor for sooooo long and couldn't see anything. How did you find this? Did you see packets from the nba2k14 process? Because I couldn't find any packets even though I could see the game getting stuck and probably trying to ping the servers or something.

Man I'm so annoyed right now.....Gonna try it!

Edit - yep! That surely works! I thought I'll never be able to sort it out, thanks!!!
msacco

Postby Andrew on Mon Jun 07, 2021 1:52 pm

Great news! I've moved the other topic to the resources section.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby sticky-fingers on Mon Jun 07, 2021 4:15 pm

msacco wrote:Wuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuut
I've been trying to do it with Microsoft Network Monitor for sooooo long and couldn't see anything. How did you find this? Did you see packets from the nba2k14 process? Because I couldn't find any packets even though I could see the game getting stuck and probably trying to ping the servers or something.

Man I'm so annoyed right now.....Gonna try it!

Edit - yep! That surely works! I thought I'll never be able to sort it out, thanks!!!

Glad it helps :D
The servers names appears clearly in the failures requests.

Andrew wrote:Great news! I've moved the other topic to the resources section.

(Y)
sticky-fingers

Return to NBA 2K14