NBA 2k14 help please

Talk about NBA 2K14 here.

NBA 2k14 help please

Postby luiyis on Sat Sep 11, 2021 10:04 am

Hi there. I am playing ubr and I choose the 1980 roster in association mode. But some teams do not appear. Why ? Can someone help me please
luiyis

Re: NBA 2k14 help please

Postby debiler on Thu Sep 30, 2021 7:03 am

luiyis wrote:Hi there. I am playing ubr and I choose the 1980 roster in association mode. But some teams do not appear. Why ? Can someone help me please

Appear where, exactly? The teams that were not in the league back then, like the Hornets, Timberwolves or Bobcats for example, are marked as 'special' teams in the roster. That is why you can't edit their rosters in game. You can always change everything via RED MC, though.
Confucius say: "Man go to bed with itchy butt wake up with smelly finger."
debiler

Postby luiyis on Thu Sep 30, 2021 7:12 am

debiler wrote:
luiyis wrote:Hi there. I am playing ubr and I choose the 1980 roster in association mode. But some teams do not appear. Why ? Can someone help me please

Appear where, exactly? The teams that were not in the league back then, like the Hornets, Timberwolves or Bobcats for example, are marked as 'special' teams in the roster. That is why you can't edit their rosters in game. You can always change everything via RED MC, though.

what are the steps to change. you help me? please
luiyis

Postby debiler on Fri Oct 01, 2021 3:31 am

luiyis wrote:
debiler wrote:

Ok - first, you gotta install RED MC: viewtopic.php?f=153&t=93066
With that program, you can edit your NBA 2K14 files. So just open the association file and start by changing TType from 25 to 0 for one of the teams whose roster you can't access. Save and close the file, then load it from the game. The team should be editable now.
debiler

Postby debiler on Fri Oct 01, 2021 4:00 am

Also, very important - don't forget to backup your save file!
debiler

Postby luiyis on Fri Oct 01, 2021 4:06 am

debiler wrote:
luiyis wrote:
debiler wrote:

With that program, you can edit your NBA 2K14 files. So just open the association file and start by changing TType from 25 to 0 for one of the teams whose roster you can't access. Save and close the file, then load it from the game. The team should be editable now.

So should I first create an association, save and exit the game? And then I enter RED?
luiyis

Postby luiyis on Fri Oct 01, 2021 1:28 pm

debiler wrote:
luiyis wrote:
debiler wrote:

So should I first create an association, save and exit the game? And then I go RED?
luiyis

Postby debiler on Fri Oct 01, 2021 2:51 pm

luiyis wrote:
debiler wrote:
luiyis wrote:
debiler wrote:

So should I first create an association, save and exit the game? And then I go RED?

You can also edit roster files. And you don't have to exit the game to use RED MC. But the changes you made will only show in the game up after you've reloaded the edited file.
debiler

Return to NBA 2K14