Can I intertwine roster mods or can I only enjoy one mod at a time?

Talk about NBA 2K14 here.

Can I intertwine roster mods or can I only enjoy one mod at a time?

Postby Gisherjohn on Fri Jun 17, 2022 5:26 am

I'm still kind of a novice at this. So If I have that ultimate Team mod by HAWK, what if I want to try new roster files? Would downloading new rosters interfere with the ultimate base roster which includes courts and what not?
I don't want to mess up a good thing ya know?
Gisherjohn

Re: Can I intertwine roster mods or can I only enjoy one mod at a time?

Postby Andrew on Fri Jun 17, 2022 1:24 pm

Most likely it would interfere. Large roster projects generally have a lot of art files, some of which will end up overwriting each other (and/or the original game files). The chances of there being some conflict is pretty high, if you completely installed one mod, and then installed another. Total conversions such as foreign league and college rosters can also interfere because of the files that they overwrite.

There are a couple of ways around it. One is to keep a fresh, unmodded version of the game, and then make copies of the game folder where different mods will be installed. All the roster saves stay in the same place, but by running the .exe file in a specific copy of the NBA 2K14 folder, you'll run the game with the modded files it contains. The other solution is the generic mod enabler JSGME to manage files and only load the ones associated with a specific mod. The first method might be easier, but it will naturally take up some extra hard drive space.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Return to NBA 2K14