NEW MOD (beta): Changing the Shot Clock and Adding a Target Score for 2K14

A hub for everything related to NBA 2K14 modding. Releases, previews, requests, and other modding discussion belongs here.

Re: NEW MOD (beta): Changing the Shot Clock and Adding a Target Score for 2K14

Postby Icetazz2 on Fri Mar 17, 2023 2:05 am

Does it work on games that you are actually playing, or simmed too?

Meaning, if you sim a game with a 30 second clock, in theory, because of the longer possessions, the scores should be lower, correct? (i.e. European basketball in the 90's)
Icetazz2

Postby Alexiconn15 on Sat Mar 18, 2023 12:39 am

cooperkids6 wrote:
Alexiconn15 wrote:
cooperkids6 wrote:
Alexiconn15 wrote:Hello! I wanna say that this is such a game changer for such a old game that many people still enjoy playing. I make cyberfaces for this game and for a long time I've been wanting the feature to have each individual cyberface to have their own specified body type. This might to early to tell, but would it be possible? I'm looking forward for more features!

Thanks, Alex! Can you clarify what you mean by this? Do you mean every CF is correlated to its own body type (e.g., 0,1,2,3)? I am not sure how feasible this is, but I can try to look into it.

So instead of having the cyberfaces assigned to the 4 body types the game offers, I thought if it's possible if the cyberface would have its own body just like the next gen 2Ks.

Experiments have been done using Red MC, by cloning the cyberface's hi_head and importing the global's hi_body (the normal bodytype) to the clone, and then copying the hi_body's FileID to the clone. Then, we can import any custom made bodytype to the slot and it works...

in Practice Mode, as there's no other players available that also use the hi_body given by the global. What I mean is that when the player with the custom body plays with players with the bodytype assigned to the global's hi_body, the custom bodytype overrides all the other player with the hi_body. So if for example you gave Zion with a custom Zion body with the FileID assigned to hi_body, all the other players with the hi_body that Zion plays with are also given the Zion body type.

If this is possible this could totally change the game so much. The last breakthrough with cyberfaces was last 2020 when Arguelles managed to make leg tattoos possible in cyberfaces, by editing the uv maps to fit leg tattoos and hex editing the NBA 2k14 .exe and the .rmce (files when exported from Red MC) of the body models

Hmm, I get what you are saying. So far, my changes have been more about gameplay. I have struggled to change values that are originally stored in .ROS files. I plan on giving a YT tutorial about Cheat Engine and helping people help me, since some of this data is difficult to isolate in the game memory.

Would Cheat Engine help separate the body file code so the game could read the one in the cyberface as its own? It would be nice! If you wanna test it out feel free to PM me!
Alexiconn15

Postby cooperkids6 on Sat Mar 18, 2023 6:52 am

Icetazz2 wrote:Does it work on games that you are actually playing, or simmed too?

Meaning, if you sim a game with a 30 second clock, in theory, because of the longer possessions, the scores should be lower, correct? (i.e. European basketball in the 90's)

I don't think that would work. These are values tied to the actual gameplay, and shouldn't have an effect on simulation.
Elan Cooper
Message me on Discord: ElanJCoop#5384
cooperkids@gmail.com
Ja Morant is life
cooperkids6

Postby cooperkids6 on Sat Mar 18, 2023 8:26 am

New release: https://github.com/elanjcoop/Elan-2K-Mo ... s/tag/v1.5
Added ability to shorten 3s!
Elan Cooper
cooperkids@gmail.com
Ja Morant is life
cooperkids6

Postby Icetazz2 on Sat Mar 18, 2023 9:16 am

cooperkids6 wrote:
Icetazz2 wrote:Does it work on games that you are actually playing, or simmed too?

I don't think that would work. These are values tied to the actual gameplay, and shouldn't have an effect on simulation.

I see. Well, we can already define the 'Sim Quarter Lenght', so there's that.
Since now we can choose to have only 2 halves in a game, would it be possible to define the lenght of each half? For example, have two 20-minute halves?

And a suggestion, could you make so that it saves the values from the last time the app was used? So that you don't have to enter the values you want each time you run it.

I tested the 30 second clock with my european retro mods, works great, adds a real retro feel to the game. Congratulations on your excellent work. I did notice that the game showed 31 seconds instead of 30 sometimes.
Icetazz2

Postby Alexiconn15 on Mon Mar 20, 2023 1:11 am

cooperkids6 wrote:Hmm, I get what you are saying. So far, my changes have been more about gameplay. I have struggled to change values that are originally stored in .ROS files. I plan on giving a YT tutorial about Cheat Engine and helping people help me, since some of this data is difficult to isolate in the game memory.

I wondered, that instead of trying to do something with .ROS files when it comes to trying to separate the cyberface to make it so the game reads the body model inside of it as its own, I thought that looking into the global.iff file and the png of the cyberface could actually help you determine how to separate it! That's all. I could send some pictures of how it works inside Red MC, tho the PM system here is new to me so I don't know. If you want to talk abt it somewhere else, then let me know!
Alexiconn15

Postby Theycallmeroach00 on Mon Mar 20, 2023 7:04 pm

cooperkids6 wrote:Anotha one:
Added ability to toggle off 3-Pointers
Download: https://github.com/elanjcoop/Elan-2K-Mod

This is a game changing mod. Thank you very much. After the update of putting transparent numbers in the shot clock options. A bug I notice that when:

-I grab a def. rebound, sometimes it resets to 14/ off. reb. shot clock (no offensive rebounder near me).
-The shot clock suddenly resets to 14/ off. reb. shot clock when my initial shot clock went down below 5 secs. When it triggers the tenth seconds.

I hope you would fix these.

Also a suggestion:
-The quarter lenth can be edited to more than 12 mins so that we can compliment the two halves with 20 minute periods.
Theycallmeroach00

Postby cooperkids6 on Mon Mar 20, 2023 11:27 pm

Icetazz2 wrote:
cooperkids6 wrote:

I see. Well, we can already define the 'Sim Quarter Lenght', so there's that.
Since now we can choose to have only 2 halves in a game, would it be possible to define the lenght of each half? For example, have two 20-minute halves?

And a suggestion, could you make so that it saves the values from the last time the app was used? So that you don't have to enter the values you want each time you run it.

I tested the 30 second clock with my european retro mods, works great, adds a real retro feel to the game. Congratulations on your excellent work. I did notice that the game showed 31 seconds instead of 30 sometimes.

Will definitely fix the "Desired shot clock x + 1" bug in next patch. re: saving values, for sure adding that to my agenda :) . Happy you enjyoyed!

Theycallmeroach00 wrote:
cooperkids6 wrote:Anotha one:
Added ability to toggle off 3-Pointers
Download: https://github.com/elanjcoop/Elan-2K-Mod

This is a game changing mod. Thank you very much. After the update of putting transparent numbers in the shot clock options. A bug I notice that when:

-I grab a def. rebound, sometimes it resets to 14/ off. reb. shot clock (no offensive rebounder near me).
-The shot clock suddenly resets to 14/ off. reb. shot clock when my initial shot clock went down below 5 secs. When it triggers the tenth seconds.

I hope you would fix these.

Also a suggestion:
-The quarter lenth can be edited to more than 12 mins so that we can compliment the two halves with 20 minute periods.

Hmm, interesting. Please send me a video of that in action if you can, I have an idea of what might have caused that.
re: overriding quarter length to be > 12...definitely will do that soon (@Icetazz2 also mentioned this).
Elan Cooper
cooperkids@gmail.com
Ja Morant is life
cooperkids6

Postby cooperkids6 on Mon Mar 20, 2023 11:29 pm

Alexiconn15 wrote:
cooperkids6 wrote:Hmm, I get what you are saying. So far, my changes have been more about gameplay. I have struggled to change values that are originally stored in .ROS files. I plan on giving a YT tutorial about Cheat Engine and helping people help me, since some of this data is difficult to isolate in the game memory.

I wondered, that instead of trying to do something with .ROS files when it comes to trying to separate the cyberface to make it so the game reads the body model inside of it as its own, I thought that looking into the global.iff file and the png of the cyberface could actually help you determine how to separate it! That's all. I could send some pictures of how it works inside Red MC, tho the PM system here is new to me so I don't know. If you want to talk abt it somewhere else, then let me know!

Hey Alex! Will dm you about this.
Elan Cooper
cooperkids@gmail.com
Ja Morant is life
cooperkids6

Postby cooperkids6 on Tue Mar 21, 2023 7:29 am

Elan Cooper
cooperkids@gmail.com
Ja Morant is life
cooperkids6

Postby Icetazz2 on Tue Mar 21, 2023 7:21 pm

:applaud: :applaud: :applaud: Coolness!

Let me know if there's anything I can do to help as well, other than just enjoyed your work :D
Icetazz2

Postby rdfhw198 on Wed Mar 22, 2023 12:20 pm

NBA 2k11 had a "situation" mode where you could enter the score before the match. This made the results more realistic. On the other hand, it gave great difficulties if you give a head start to the opponent. Is there an opportunity to do this in the game?
rdfhw198

Postby cooperkids6 on Fri Mar 24, 2023 1:42 am

rdfhw198 wrote:NBA 2k11 had a "situation" mode where you could enter the score before the match. This made the results more realistic. On the other hand, it gave great difficulties if you give a head start to the opponent. Is there an opportunity to do this in the game?

I have had issues trying to override the game score. But definitely going to continue to try.
Elan Cooper
cooperkids@gmail.com
Ja Morant is life
cooperkids6

Postby Maravich on Fri Mar 24, 2023 5:35 pm

:bowdown2:

Awesome work! Congratulations!
Cf-Maker (Always in learning mode...)
EuroEndesa Mod : http://forums.nba-live.com/viewtopic.ph ... a#p1648781
UR Basketball - Ultimate Base Roster - FIBA - NCAA and so many mods. Thousands of Maravich´s cyberfaces are walking for there...
Always old school
Maravich

Postby cooperkids6 on Sun Mar 26, 2023 2:03 pm

Maravich wrote::bowdown2:

Awesome work! Congratulations!

Thanks, Maravich!
Elan Cooper
cooperkids@gmail.com
Ja Morant is life
cooperkids6

Postby cooperkids6 on Mon Mar 27, 2023 7:04 am

New update!!! Download here: https://github.com/elanjcoop/Elan-2K-Mo ... s/tag/v1.6

Big changes include saving values for next loadup when you click apply/toggle certain checkboxes, and ability to override period length!
Elan Cooper
cooperkids@gmail.com
Ja Morant is life
cooperkids6

Postby cooperkids6 on Mon Mar 27, 2023 8:28 am

Elan Cooper
cooperkids@gmail.com
Ja Morant is life
cooperkids6

Postby Icetazz2 on Tue Mar 28, 2023 12:38 am

Can't wait to try it out!!! Does anybody know where to change the text for '4th' period?
Icetazz2

Postby cooperkids6 on Tue Mar 28, 2023 12:42 am

Icetazz2 wrote:Can't wait to try it out!!! Does anybody know where to change the text for '4th' period?

Great question. I don't think this is such an easy one, but let me know if you come up with something.
Elan Cooper
cooperkids@gmail.com
Ja Morant is life
cooperkids6

Postby Pep on Tue Mar 28, 2023 1:10 am

Astonishing work Elan! This mod helps a lot with all Retro/NCAA/FIBA mods.
BTW I wonder if via cheat engine we can remove that pesky bug with main menu/blacktop jerseys.
Sorry for my bad English.
NBA 2k14 thread
If you like my works, you can support me and motivate:
Pep
Leń patentowany ;)

Postby Icetazz2 on Tue Mar 28, 2023 2:05 am

cooperkids6 wrote:
Icetazz2 wrote:Can't wait to try it out!!! Does anybody know where to change the text for '4th' period?

Great question. I don't think this is such an easy one, but let me know if you come up with something.

It should be a string of text somewhere. Does anybody know where it is? Wasn't there a mod or tool that allowed to change pretty much all the in-game text? Or am I just thinking about some other game?
Icetazz2

Postby cooperkids6 on Wed Mar 29, 2023 4:46 am

Icetazz2 wrote:
cooperkids6 wrote:

It should be a string of text somewhere. Does anybody know where it is? Wasn't there a mod or tool that allowed to change pretty much all the in-game text? Or am I just thinking about some other game?

Using redmc to replace the txt file of english.iff would be my bet.
Elan Cooper
cooperkids@gmail.com
Ja Morant is life
cooperkids6

Postby Icetazz2 on Wed Mar 29, 2023 7:42 am

cooperkids6 wrote:
Icetazz2 wrote:
cooperkids6 wrote:

Just did a little search and wow, that's a lot of text to go through with just trial and error.
Maybe someone with experience in scoreboards can shed some light on this?
Icetazz2

Postby cooperkids6 on Wed Mar 29, 2023 3:22 pm

Icetazz2 wrote:
cooperkids6 wrote:
Icetazz2 wrote:
cooperkids6 wrote:

Just did a little search and wow, that's a lot of text to go through with just trial and error.
Maybe someone with experience in scoreboards can shed some light on this?

You’ll want to change:
First Quarter -> First Half
End of Third Quarter -> End of First Half
Fourth Quarter -> Second Half
Elan Cooper
cooperkids@gmail.com
Ja Morant is life
cooperkids6

Postby Icetazz2 on Thu Mar 30, 2023 1:08 am

The problem is that there are so many text entries where it says 'quarter' that it's kind of impossible to know which are the right ones to edit.

I tried the newest mod, and I love it. So, with 20 minute halves, rotations are affected in the fact that there seem to be less substitutions. Which of course makes the game feel more realistic, and more in tune with 90's european basketball.

Things that I've noticed:

- Teams don't change sides after half-time (don't know wheter this can be fixed or not)
- In Europe, the free-throw bonus was after 7 fouls, not 5 like in the NBA. This seems to be a numerical value, so might be another feature to add

Other than that :bowdown:
Icetazz2

PreviousNext

Return to NBA 2K14 Modding