NEW MOD (beta): Changing the Shot Clock and Adding a Target Score for 2K14

A hub for everything related to NBA 2K14 modding. Releases, previews, requests, and other modding discussion belongs here.

Re: NEW MOD (beta): Changing the Shot Clock and Adding a Target Score for 2K14

Postby eddie2003prt on Fri Mar 31, 2023 11:41 pm

This mod is fantastic! Congrats and thank you for doing it.

1. Could a setting be made where a winner is decided in regulation by "First to a score"? As in once a team gets to a certain score (such as 100) the game ends?

2. Is a traditional Elam Ending possible? Play three quarters, add a certain number to the leading teams total, first team that reaches that number wins?

3. Also, I haven't had a chance to play this yet. Is it possible to turn the shot clock off completely by setting it to zero? If not, is a setting possible to do that?
eddie2003prt

Postby rdfhw198 on Sat Apr 01, 2023 1:16 am

I found the ability to change the score during the game. This is done using Cheat Engine. Points are added to the statistics of players at home and away, the score changes. If you're interested, I can post it. And how to calculate the addresses in Cheat Engine for 2-point and 3-point hits? I want to try to do this for 2k13.
rdfhw198

Postby cooperkids6 on Sat Apr 01, 2023 4:30 am

rdfhw198 wrote:I found the ability to change the score during the game. This is done using Cheat Engine. Points are added to the statistics of players at home and away, the score changes. If you're interested, I can post it. And how to calculate the addresses in Cheat Engine for 2-point and 3-point hits? I want to try to do this for 2k13.

Yes, please!!! Message me on Discord: ElanJCoop#5384
Elan Cooper
Message me on Discord: ElanJCoop#5384
cooperkids@gmail.com
Ja Morant is life
cooperkids6

Postby cooperkids6 on Sat Apr 01, 2023 4:34 am

eddie2003prt wrote:This mod is fantastic! Congrats and thank you for doing it.

1. Could a setting be made where a winner is decided in regulation by "First to a score"? As in once a team gets to a certain score (such as 100) the game ends?

2. Is a traditional Elam Ending possible? Play three quarters, add a certain number to the leading teams total, first team that reaches that number wins?

3. Also, I haven't had a chance to play this yet. Is it possible to turn the shot clock off completely by setting it to zero? If not, is a setting possible to do that?

First two are certainly doable, and I will add it to the mod down the line. For 3), just go to in-game NBA settings and turn off shot clock.
Elan Cooper
cooperkids@gmail.com
Ja Morant is life
cooperkids6

Postby eddie2003prt on Sat Apr 01, 2023 7:03 am

I just took this for a spin.

For years, people have been looking for a solution for CPU vs. CPU watchers to get a realistic game. Vanilla NBA 2k14 has a lot of holding the ball until the end of the shot clock, which leads to mostly 75-72 type scores with unrealistic stats. Slider sets have been attempted to try to fix this, but I've never found something that made the game feel realistic to me.

This mod works for me. I set the shot clock to 16 seconds, with an 8 second reset. GL free throw enabled. 19.75 three point line. Perfect game flow and realistic stats.

Many thanks!!!
eddie2003prt

Postby Pep on Sun Apr 02, 2023 10:49 pm

I played black top last night and there is possibility to adjustments all those functions like target score, 3pt line distance to blacktop? Also maybe there is a Way to switch between 1/2, 2/3 points system and add a rule that every Ball must be clear (I mam after block and steal).
Sorry for my bad English.
NBA 2k14 thread
If you like my works, you can support me and motivate:
Pep
Leń patentowany ;)

Postby cooperkids6 on Mon Apr 03, 2023 10:41 am

Pep wrote:I played black top last night and there is possibility to adjustments all those functions like target score, 3pt line distance to blacktop? Also maybe there is a Way to switch between 1/2, 2/3 points system and add a rule that every Ball must be clear (I mam after block and steal).

Hey, for sure down the line I can look into this. Changing target score is probably easier than forcing a clear, but maybe that's possible.
Elan Cooper
cooperkids@gmail.com
Ja Morant is life
cooperkids6

Postby cooperkids6 on Mon Apr 03, 2023 10:59 am

eddie2003prt wrote:I just took this for a spin.

For years, people have been looking for a solution for CPU vs. CPU watchers to get a realistic game. Vanilla NBA 2k14 has a lot of holding the ball until the end of the shot clock, which leads to mostly 75-72 type scores with unrealistic stats. Slider sets have been attempted to try to fix this, but I've never found something that made the game feel realistic to me.

This mod works for me. I set the shot clock to 16 seconds, with an 8 second reset. GL free throw enabled. 19.75 three point line. Perfect game flow and realistic stats.

Many thanks!!!

Of course!!

New release here: https://github.com/elanjcoop/Elan-2K-Mo ... tag/v1.6.2
Elan Cooper
cooperkids@gmail.com
Ja Morant is life
cooperkids6

Postby Maravich on Tue Apr 04, 2023 1:15 am

Pep wrote:I played black top last night and there is possibility to adjustments all those functions like target score, 3pt line distance to blacktop? Also maybe there is a Way to switch between 1/2, 2/3 points system and add a rule that every Ball must be clear (I mam after block and steal).

Really it would be a 3x3 basketball mode.
Cf-Maker (Always in learning mode...)
EuroEndesa Mod : http://forums.nba-live.com/viewtopic.ph ... a#p1648781
UR Basketball - Ultimate Base Roster - FIBA - NCAA and so many mods. Thousands of Maravich´s cyberfaces are walking for there...
Always old school
Maravich

Postby Rodzilla91 on Sat Apr 08, 2023 10:01 am

This is really cool to see, this is something I had wondered about awhile back regarding the possibility of changing the shot clock time after rebounds. Nice work you’ve put into this and cool to see the other things you’ve managed to make
Rodzilla91

Postby DemonRu662 on Mon Apr 10, 2023 6:26 am

Hi thanks for the mod first off, I do have two questions. first when I set shot clock to 30 for ncaa roster is resets clock to 14 after a pass to the paint not even after rebound. for example 25 seconds left in clock pass is made to big and clock resets to whatever value the reset clock is. second is there a way to change game to 20 mins QT so I don't have to change value every time.
DemonRu662

Postby cooperkids6 on Fri Apr 14, 2023 11:13 am

DemonRu662 wrote:Hi thanks for the mod first off, I do have two questions. first when I set shot clock to 30 for ncaa roster is resets clock to 14 after a pass to the paint not even after rebound. for example 25 seconds left in clock pass is made to big and clock resets to whatever value the reset clock is. second is there a way to change game to 20 mins QT so I don't have to change value every time.

Hey! I will look into this! The whole reset shot clock aspect needs to be fixed.
Rodzilla91 wrote:hing I had wondered about awhile back regarding the possibility of changing the shot clock time after rebounds. Nice work you’ve put into this and cool to see the other things you’ve managed to make

Thank you!
Maravich wrote:

Really it would be a 3x3 basketball mode.

Can you elaborate on this?
Elan Cooper
cooperkids@gmail.com
Ja Morant is life
cooperkids6

Postby Maravich on Tue Apr 18, 2023 3:35 am

cooperkids6 wrote:Can you elaborate on this?

Yes!

With your mod and with Blacktop Mode. If it can work together.

Really if you can change the value field goals, your mod can give us the playing time, the game over to 21 and the shotclock. Half court and the number of players can be choose in Blackmode. The ball size nevermind here.

It would be like a 3x3 game mode. Really.
Cf-Maker (Always in learning mode...)
EuroEndesa Mod : http://forums.nba-live.com/viewtopic.ph ... a#p1648781
UR Basketball - Ultimate Base Roster - FIBA - NCAA and so many mods. Thousands of Maravich´s cyberfaces are walking for there...
Always old school
Maravich

Postby Wynner77 on Thu Jul 13, 2023 2:59 pm

Hi, is it possible to create an app to change the number of games in a season in the my career mod ?
Wynner77

Postby cooperkids6 on Tue Jul 25, 2023 10:52 am

Wynner77 wrote:Hi, is it possible to create an app to change the number of games in a season in the my career mod ?

Hi! Unfortunately, that is a baked-in process that would require an immense effort to re-program. I don't think it's doable by even the greats, definitely not me :/
Elan Cooper
cooperkids@gmail.com
Ja Morant is life
cooperkids6

Postby Wynner77 on Tue Jul 25, 2023 3:06 pm

cooperkids6 wrote:
Wynner77 wrote:Hi, is it possible to create an app to change the number of games in a season in the my career mod ?

Hi! Unfortunately, that is a baked-in process that would require an immense effort to re-program. I don't think it's doable by even the greats, definitely not me :/

thank you for your answer (Y) it is a too bad however for 2k13 it was feasible with turbo trainer but hey!
Wynner77

Postby Pasha46 on Thu Jul 27, 2023 10:11 pm

Maravich wrote:
cooperkids6 wrote:Can you elaborate on this?

Yes!

With your mod and with Blacktop Mode. If it can work together.

[ Image ]

Really if you can change the value field goals, your mod can give us the playing time, the game over to 21 and the shotclock. Half court and the number of players can be choose in Blackmode. The ball size nevermind here.

It would be like a 3x3 game mode. Really.

This would be awesome if it's possible to make. :D Proper 3x3
Pasha46

Previous

Return to NBA 2K14 Modding