3DM error, can't replace high res model

A hub for everything related to NBA 2K14 modding. Releases, previews, requests, and other modding discussion belongs here.

3DM error, can't replace high res model

Postby devilsraging on Fri Sep 28, 2018 2:13 am

so i recently learned how to make cyberface and i thought i'd make my own for myplayer. I started out using joe kim noah's iff files since i wanted his man bun hair; i successfully made the 2d portrait in pS cs5 and successfully sculped his high res 3d model, into my face, using blender 2.49b, the export was also a success. Then I went back to 3dm mod tool and reopened the iff file so i can replace all 3 files i made, 1 for 2d portait, 1 for the green 2d portrait and the other was for the high res model. However, when i tried to replace the high res model, I get an error in chinese, now if i knew what it says I might try to troubleshoot, but I don't know what I did wrong because I followed a video on how to make cyberfaces and it worked for the guy int he video. Please help, I'll upload the error message so there might be some clue on what causes this.

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
This topic was moved from NBA 2K14 by Andrew on Fri Sep 28, 2018 3:09 am.
devilsraging

Re: 3DM error, can't replace high res model

Postby johnwest1985 on Fri Sep 28, 2018 9:13 am

3dm doesnt support high res... u cant import high res or mod faces that have high res files inside of it. You will need the REDMC program and order the iff editor key.
johnwest1985

Postby johnwest1985 on Fri Sep 28, 2018 9:13 am

3dm doesnt support high res... u cant import high res or mod faces that have high res files inside of it. You will need the REDMC program and order the iff editor key.
johnwest1985

Postby devilsraging on Sat Sep 29, 2018 12:22 pm

Did you look at the photo i attached? Maybe i worded it wrong, what i meant is that there is 2 head model one low res for lower graphics and 1 (I guess if not high res) normal head model or the more detailed one, basically the n2km file that is imported and exported using blender for editing, I didn’t mean next gen graphics or anything if that’s what you meant. It should work because I followed a video and it worked for the guy in the vid, plus I just used 3dm to copy so it should still be the same file. What I want to find out is why I got error and how to fix that error so I can finish the cyberface. Like I said, in the pic I attached, I got the error when I try to upload the head model, the box that appeared display some Chinese words and then 0-1 and more Chinese words. Not sure what it’s saying but again, that’s what I got when I try to overwrite the n2km file of the head model. Please help if anyone knows about 3dm or have made cyber faces.
Last edited by devilsraging on Sat Sep 29, 2018 12:45 pm, edited 5 times in total.
devilsraging

Postby devilsraging on Sat Sep 29, 2018 12:34 pm

johnwest1985 wrote:3dm doesnt support high res... u cant import high res or mod faces that have high res files inside of it. You will need the REDMC program and order the iff editor key.

Also if what you’re saying will help, is there a tutorial vid or info somewhere because I’m really new to making cyberface and these programs, thanks.
devilsraging

Postby Buggys on Sat Sep 29, 2018 2:20 pm

Try sending me the file, I'll see what I can do about it
Buggys

Postby Wolfy03 on Sun Sep 30, 2018 3:51 am

It happens sometimes. When you edited cyberface 3d model, somehow 0-1 part (which is let's say head "base") got bigger (in terms of file size) than original one, so 3DM can't import it. Check if you exported it right from Blender, but unfortunately I belive that you will probably need to do it again, from the begining.

Also, for CF editing I can suggest R4zors tutorial. Follow it very closely, and there should not be a problem. And after first one, you will be able to do them on regular basis.
Wolfy03

Postby devilsraging on Wed Oct 03, 2018 5:20 pm

hey thanks both for replying, so i just redid the entire thing and it worked. My player has cyberface now thanks. Not sure if the error will persist but i have a feeling it's because i undo too many time the first time i reshape the head, i even got some errors while working on it, but i didn't mind it too much. Other than that i'm not sure why it happened.
devilsraging

Return to NBA 2K14 Modding