Just a small question about last names (pls enlighten my curiousity)

A hub for everything related to NBA 2K14 modding. Releases, previews, requests, and other modding discussion belongs here.

Just a small question about last names (pls enlighten my curiousity)

Postby Tem1918 on Mon Jul 15, 2019 9:43 am

Okay, I'm not even sure if there are still people out here who plays NBA 2k14, but I just have a question about last names and RED MC. It's really not a big deal, but it's been bugging me for a long time now.

So you see, I just noticed something about last names where the "most famous ones" are often called by their first names instead.
For example, Kobe Bryant from the '98 Lakers is called "Kobe" by the commentator (e.g, "Here's Kobe.") instead of his written last name "Bryant". Shaquille O'Neal from the '98 Lakers is called "Shaq" by the commentator instead of his supposed last name "O'Neal". I even hear LeBron being called "LeBron" and not "James". And what's bugging me is that, if I try to "recreate" these players, let's say, I created a player and put "Kobe" and "Bryant" on his first and last name respectively, the commentator would just always mention his last name "Bryant". Does anyone know what makes this kind of thing work? I've been tinkering around RED MC and I couldn't really find anything that is somewhat related to it.
Tem1918

Re: Just a small question about last names (pls enlighten my curiousity)

Postby Andrew on Mon Jul 15, 2019 12:53 pm

Are you also duplicating their Audio ID values?
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Re: Just a small question about last names (pls enlighten my curiousity)

Postby Tem1918 on Tue Jul 16, 2019 12:53 am

Andrew wrote:Are you also duplicating their Audio ID values?

By duplicating, do you mean putting the same values in both AudioID1 and AudioID2 from the Last Names section? If so, then yes. The name Bryant has both values of 195.
Tem1918

Return to NBA 2K14 Modding