RED_MC program no longer working???

A hub for everything related to NBA 2K14 modding. Releases, previews, requests, and other modding discussion belongs here.

RED_MC program no longer working???

Postby snake212 on Thu Jul 25, 2019 11:47 pm

Can someone please let me know whats going on. Your download area for the program RED_MC no longer has the download. When I woke up this morning my program no longer exist in my computer. Whats going on? What happened?? OMG
snake212

Re: RED_MC program no longer working???

Postby Andrew on Fri Jul 26, 2019 12:41 am

The link in the Downloads section is most definitely working: RED Modding Center

False positives by an anti-virus or browser security settings can flag it as dangerous and block the download, or automatically delete the file/restrict access to it once it's been downloaded. However, the upload is definitely active and available.

I've checked both RED MC and REDitor II, and they're working fine on my PC. With Vlad's site back online, there's no reason they shouldn't, unless your anti-virus/security settings are blocking it.

If it's suddenly disappeared from your PC, chances are your anti-virus got rid of it, possibly after receiving an automatic update. It's just a matter of reinstalling it and adding the appropriate exception in your A/V.
Andrew
Retro Basketball Gamer
Administrator

Postby snake212 on Fri Jul 26, 2019 1:05 am

Ok its working now. It was so weird this morning I got up and noticed that the RED program was gone. Totally erased off my computer. Then I came here and tried to download, it would not let me. Its working now for some reason....thank god.

And thanks for the response
snake212

Postby Andrew on Fri Jul 26, 2019 3:19 am

My guess would be security settings. It does get flagged as a false positive due to certain under the hood features, so vigilant anti-virus software has a tendency to block it if not wiping it off your system outright.
Andrew
Retro Basketball Gamer
Administrator

Return to NBA 2K14 Modding