NBA 2K14- best way for Association mode

A hub for everything related to NBA 2K14 modding. Releases, previews, requests, and other modding discussion belongs here.

NBA 2K14- best way for Association mode

Postby WorldBfree on Thu May 28, 2020 11:02 am

Hi all,

Longtime NBA Live and NBA 2K player here. I recently got a new PC and was using it to play NBA 2K14. I was deciding between using the URB and UBR mods, and decided to go with the UBR mainly because at least it includes player career stats and all-star and championship data on the player cards (would be awesome if the rest of the info gets filled out in a later update).

Anywho, I wanted to start a new 1990-1991 NBA season and see how the 90s would play out if Magic wasn't forced to retire early, and if Bird hadn't had the back issues that also cut his career short. So I loaded up the 1991 roster, I edited every player for the correct contract, and started up the game- deciding to first sim a season to see how it played out. I was using a sliders posted by someone on this forum that seemed to work well for actual gameplay, but during my sim test run I noticed the following issues:

1. Player stats are pretty off. the PPG chart was alright, rebounds were a bit too low, assists were WAY too low (Magic was only averaging 6.3 assists- half of what he actually averaged that season). Steals were too high, blocks too low.
2. The Raptors, Grizzlies, and Bobcats were all present- despite being later expansion teams. In the description before I started up the mode, it said I cold remove teams, but I think this is simply a lie on 2Ks part.
3. The 1991 draft class I loaded had all the correct player portraits in the actual draft class file, but when the actual draft occurred, all the player were displayed with simply a CF on their player card and not the portrait which was included. Another issue is that all rookies immediately have player morale set at 0, requesting for a trade and there is no way to increase morale after that point. What the hell?

So in short:Would like to know if there are sliders that are recommended for use in both playing and simulation (as I plan on playing about half the games in a season and simming the rest) and also how can I get the rookie situation to be corrected.

Thanks for any help in advance!
WorldBfree

Return to NBA 2K14 Modding