NEW MOD (beta): Changing the Shot Clock and Adding a Target Score for 2K14

A hub for everything related to NBA 2K14 modding. Releases, previews, requests, and other modding discussion belongs here.

NEW MOD (beta): Changing the Shot Clock and Adding a Target Score for 2K14

Postby cooperkids6 on Thu Mar 09, 2023 4:07 pm

Hey all!

Here's a link to my video where I showcased what it could look like to be able to change the shot clock in 2K14. https://youtu.be/0bmfI-U46eA
Primary features I have going right now are:
- Input a shot clock value instead of your regular old 24 second shot clock
- Target (Elam Ending) score in OT that immediately ends the game when a team hits it (still have option for time if you wanted a deadline so it doesn't go on too long)
- Offensive rebounds trigger a reset shot clock time instead of full shot clock (didn't have this back in 2014 when game was made), can input any value

Bugs:
- If you start a new game, you will see the reset shot clock number before tipoff (tipoff immediately fixes tho so no biggie).
- Fewer than 24 seconds left in quarter will not reset shot clock to a modified shot clock even if it's still a valid shot clock time (if modded shot clock is < 24).
- Offensive rebound will auto trigger to the reset time even if the regular / modded shot clock > reset time; This is a problem that cannot be solved simply due to auto 24 reset prior to logical time evaluation.

Let me know if you are interested or other ideas to take this further!

Future avenue #1: Option to turn 3-Pointers into 2s for pre-1978 NBA rosters / whatever needs you have:
- This will make it so that the 3Pt slider can be kept at a regular value, so it's still a normal chance at a bucket beyond the arc! (Think Jerry West's halfcourt game winner...you could do that without a 0 slider for 3Pt which would make it virtually impossible!)

Hit me up,
Elan
Elan Cooper
Message me on Discord: ElanJCoop#5384
cooperkids@gmail.com
Ja Morant is life
cooperkids6

Re: NEW MOD (beta): Changing the Shot Clock and Adding a Target Score for 2K14

Postby cooperkids6 on Fri Mar 10, 2023 6:06 am

Elan Cooper
cooperkids@gmail.com
Ja Morant is life
cooperkids6

Postby rdfhw198 on Sat Mar 11, 2023 1:26 pm

Is it possible that the scoreboard displays not the number of points, but the number of field goals?
rdfhw198

Postby cooperkids6 on Mon Mar 13, 2023 4:58 am

rdfhw198 wrote:Is it possible that the scoreboard displays not the number of points, but the number of field goals?

Hey, can you clarify what you mean by that?
Elan Cooper
cooperkids@gmail.com
Ja Morant is life
cooperkids6

Postby cooperkids6 on Mon Mar 13, 2023 5:01 am

New beta out:
- Added ability to disable target score!
Enable target score before OT starts so no unexpected issues happen.
For now, if you enable in OT, the deadline will not take effect, and the points scored will reflect from that point forward instead of the start of OT.
Download here! And lmk if you have any questions!
https://github.com/elanjcoop/Elan-2K-Mod
Elan Cooper
cooperkids@gmail.com
Ja Morant is life
cooperkids6

Postby cooperkids6 on Mon Mar 13, 2023 2:18 pm

Another update:
- Added halves toggle (switches to 4th quarter after 1st quarter ends, so it's basically halves)
- Added 10-second backcourt toggle (instead of NBA's 8-second default)
- Added my cheat engine sheet (can see all of my thought process and how the game changes as events occur)
As always, download here: https://github.com/elanjcoop/Elan-2K-Mod, and keep hitting me up with ideas!
Elan Cooper
cooperkids@gmail.com
Ja Morant is life
cooperkids6

Postby Andrew on Mon Mar 13, 2023 6:45 pm

Awesome stuff, definitely out of the norm! That's always good to see.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby cooperkids6 on Tue Mar 14, 2023 2:31 am

Andrew wrote:Awesome stuff, definitely out of the norm! That's always good to see.

Thanks, Andrew! Coming up: I just figured out how to create a 4-Point Line.
Next: G-League FT system (2 FTs = 1 FT worth 2 points).
Elan Cooper
cooperkids@gmail.com
Ja Morant is life
cooperkids6

Postby truefaith0826 on Tue Mar 14, 2023 3:59 am

Great job on this cooperkids! Is it also possible to return the shot clock to 24 instead of 14 after an offensive rebound? The FIBA 14-second shot clock rule was only implemented in NBA since 2018.
truefaith0826

Postby cooperkids6 on Tue Mar 14, 2023 4:39 am

truefaith0826 wrote:Great job on this cooperkids! Is it also possible to return the shot clock to 24 instead of 14 after an offensive rebound? The FIBA 14-second shot clock rule was only implemented in NBA since 2018.

Of course! Just set the reset value to 24, and should be good :D .
Elan Cooper
cooperkids@gmail.com
Ja Morant is life
cooperkids6

Postby cooperkids6 on Tue Mar 14, 2023 4:42 am

New update:
  • Instead of taking X shots at the line (e.g., 2 for bonus / shooting, 3 for 3-pt shot shooting foul), FT value becomes X and only one free throw is awarded.
  • Added ability to adjust internal game date (default: 2013, affects ages of players and years of association/season)
Elan Cooper
cooperkids@gmail.com
Ja Morant is life
cooperkids6

Postby truefaith0826 on Tue Mar 14, 2023 7:12 am

cooperkids6 wrote:
truefaith0826 wrote:Great job on this cooperkids! Is it also possible to return the shot clock to 24 instead of 14 after an offensive rebound? The FIBA 14-second shot clock rule was only implemented in NBA since 2018.

Do I have to leave the app open while the game is running?
truefaith0826

Postby cooperkids6 on Tue Mar 14, 2023 8:09 am

truefaith0826 wrote:
cooperkids6 wrote:

Do I have to leave the app open while the game is running?

Yes. Would you prefer that the app doesn't show in your menu bar? I want to gauge how people would like to leave this running in the background.
Elan Cooper
cooperkids@gmail.com
Ja Morant is life
cooperkids6

Postby truefaith0826 on Tue Mar 14, 2023 9:03 am

cooperkids6 wrote:Of course! Just set the reset value to 24, and should be good :D .

truefaith0826 wrote:Do I have to leave the app open while the game is running?

cooperkids6 wrote:Yes. Would you prefer that the app doesn't show in your menu bar? I want to gauge how people would like to leave this running in the background.

I don't really mind, just wanted to check how it will work properly.

I am seeing though 25 seconds on shot clock when it reset instead of 24

the 10 second back court rule seems working fine
truefaith0826

Postby Jumpman2K on Tue Mar 14, 2023 6:27 pm

Truly a game changer! Have tried it a few times and it actually works!

Also has a suggestion, when a player shoots near the half court logo or shoot a hailmary he will be awarded 4pts like in BIG3.

And can we also have this running before executing the nba2k14.exe?

Thank you once again for this mod! :applaud: :applaud:
Jumpman2K

Postby cooperkids6 on Wed Mar 15, 2023 1:12 am

truefaith0826, Thanks for doing some great QA here! I haven't seen the 25 second issue but I will try to replicate on my end. I have an idea on what might cause that.
Elan Cooper
cooperkids@gmail.com
Ja Morant is life
cooperkids6

Postby cooperkids6 on Wed Mar 15, 2023 1:14 am

Jumpman2K wrote:Truly a game changer! Have tried it a few times and it actually works!

Also has a suggestion, when a player shoots near the half court logo or shoot a hailmary he will be awarded 4pts like in BIG3.

And can we also have this running before executing the nba2k14.exe?

Thank you once again for this mod! :applaud: :applaud:

Yes! Currently working on that. My goal is to collab with someone who's solid with court work that can map out a line so it will accurately represent a 4-Ptr. For now though, I can make 4-Pointers depending upon the length of the shot.
Elan Cooper
cooperkids@gmail.com
Ja Morant is life
cooperkids6

Postby cooperkids6 on Wed Mar 15, 2023 1:03 pm

Anotha one:
Added ability to toggle off 3-Pointers
Download: https://github.com/elanjcoop/Elan-2K-Mod
Elan Cooper
cooperkids@gmail.com
Ja Morant is life
cooperkids6

Postby Alexiconn15 on Thu Mar 16, 2023 3:38 am

Hello! I wanna say that this is such a game changer for such a old game that many people still enjoy playing. I make cyberfaces for this game and for a long time I've been wanting the feature to have each individual cyberface to have their own specified body type. This might to early to tell, but would it be possible? I'm looking forward for more features!
Alexiconn15

Postby cooperkids6 on Thu Mar 16, 2023 4:03 am

Alexiconn15 wrote:Hello! I wanna say that this is such a game changer for such a old game that many people still enjoy playing. I make cyberfaces for this game and for a long time I've been wanting the feature to have each individual cyberface to have their own specified body type. This might to early to tell, but would it be possible? I'm looking forward for more features!

Thanks, Alex! Can you clarify what you mean by this? Do you mean every CF is correlated to its own body type (e.g., 0,1,2,3)? I am not sure how feasible this is, but I can try to look into it.
Elan Cooper
cooperkids@gmail.com
Ja Morant is life
cooperkids6

Postby Alexiconn15 on Thu Mar 16, 2023 12:40 pm

cooperkids6 wrote:
Alexiconn15 wrote:Hello! I wanna say that this is such a game changer for such a old game that many people still enjoy playing. I make cyberfaces for this game and for a long time I've been wanting the feature to have each individual cyberface to have their own specified body type. This might to early to tell, but would it be possible? I'm looking forward for more features!

Thanks, Alex! Can you clarify what you mean by this? Do you mean every CF is correlated to its own body type (e.g., 0,1,2,3)? I am not sure how feasible this is, but I can try to look into it.

So instead of having the cyberfaces assigned to the 4 body types the game offers, I thought if it's possible if the cyberface would have its own body just like the next gen 2Ks.

Experiments have been done using Red MC, by cloning the cyberface's hi_head and importing the global's hi_body (the normal bodytype) to the clone, and then copying the hi_body's FileID to the clone. Then, we can import any custom made bodytype to the slot and it works...

in Practice Mode, as there's no other players available that also use the hi_body given by the global. What I mean is that when the player with the custom body plays with players with the bodytype assigned to the global's hi_body, the custom bodytype overrides all the other player with the hi_body. So if for example you gave Zion with a custom Zion body with the FileID assigned to hi_body, all the other players with the hi_body that Zion plays with are also given the Zion body type.

If this is possible this could totally change the game so much. The last breakthrough with cyberfaces was last 2020 when Arguelles managed to make leg tattoos possible in cyberfaces, by editing the uv maps to fit leg tattoos and hex editing the NBA 2k14 .exe and the .rmce (files when exported from Red MC) of the body models
Alexiconn15

Postby brentnlane on Thu Mar 16, 2023 3:59 pm

Absolutely incredible. Awesome work.
brentnlane

Postby Icetazz2 on Thu Mar 16, 2023 6:35 pm

So can you set the shot clock to 30 seconds like old FIBA?
Icetazz2

Postby cooperkids6 on Fri Mar 17, 2023 1:12 am

brentnlane wrote:Absolutely incredible. Awesome work.

Thank you!
Icetazz2 wrote:So can you set the shot clock to 30 seconds like old FIBA?

Yessir, indeed you can (or current college).
Elan Cooper
cooperkids@gmail.com
Ja Morant is life
cooperkids6

Postby cooperkids6 on Fri Mar 17, 2023 1:14 am

Alexiconn15 wrote:
cooperkids6 wrote:

So instead of having the cyberfaces assigned to the 4 body types the game offers, I thought if it's possible if the cyberface would have its own body just like the next gen 2Ks.

Experiments have been done using Red MC, by cloning the cyberface's hi_head and importing the global's hi_body (the normal bodytype) to the clone, and then copying the hi_body's FileID to the clone. Then, we can import any custom made bodytype to the slot and it works...

in Practice Mode, as there's no other players available that also use the hi_body given by the global. What I mean is that when the player with the custom body plays with players with the bodytype assigned to the global's hi_body, the custom bodytype overrides all the other player with the hi_body. So if for example you gave Zion with a custom Zion body with the FileID assigned to hi_body, all the other players with the hi_body that Zion plays with are also given the Zion body type.

If this is possible this could totally change the game so much. The last breakthrough with cyberfaces was last 2020 when Arguelles managed to make leg tattoos possible in cyberfaces, by editing the uv maps to fit leg tattoos and hex editing the NBA 2k14 .exe and the .rmce (files when exported from Red MC) of the body models

Hmm, I get what you are saying. So far, my changes have been more about gameplay. I have struggled to change values that are originally stored in .ROS files. I plan on giving a YT tutorial about Cheat Engine and helping people help me, since some of this data is difficult to isolate in the game memory.
Elan Cooper
cooperkids@gmail.com
Ja Morant is life
cooperkids6

Next

Return to NBA 2K14 Modding